Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stability was starting to look and feel good. New manager again. You have to ask why NP would want to leave.

I really can't believe that this is actually happening, after all of the shite we have gone through in recent years we were just beginning to get something special back at the Walkers. Good young manager, quality backroom staff, good scouting base who make consistant decent signings, young quality players such as Hobbs, Gally....In one day all of this is going to be taken away from us by some shity club called ****ing HULL. I want someone to blame in all of this but I think this is Pearsons fault as much as it is Madarics. Mandys an arsehole for not trying to get his contract renewed early on, with the success he has achieved at Leicester was it not pretty obvious to him that maybe other teams may come looking for him? Instead Mandy ****s off on Safari and with all of these rumours we don't here a word from him. As for Pearson other than not getting on with Mandy he has no reason to leave, honestly can't believe the guy, after all he has done for Leicester he is going to just leave and bottle it before the start of a new season which offered so much, I hope he fails at Hull and gets sacked by Christmas.

I really can't believe that this is actually happening, after all of the shite we have gone through in recent years we were just beginning to get something special back at the Walkers. Good young manager, quality backroom staff, good scouting base who make consistant decent signings, young quality players such as Hobbs, Gally....In one day all of this is going to be taken away from us by some shity club called ****ing HULL. I want someone to blame in all of this but I think this is Pearsons fault as much as it is Madarics. Mandys an arsehole for not trying to get his contract renewed early on, with the success he has achieved at Leicester was it not pretty obvious to him that maybe other teams may come looking for him? Instead Mandy ****s off on Safari and with all of these rumours we don't here a word from him. As for Pearson other than not getting on with Mandy he has no reason to leave, honestly can't believe the guy, after all he has done for Leicester he is going to just leave and bottle it before the start of a new season which offered so much, I hope he fails at Hull and gets sacked by Christmas.

he did try to pin him down earlier, Pearson couldn't agree terms. stop making things up

Old man Powell as the cheap option then?

There's nothing to suggest NP wasn't offered a deal earlier, he may have turned it down.... Yet everyone seems to be getting themselves a little over excited on issues we don't even know as fact. Personally I can't see a reason why Mandy shouldn't be on holiday now either. Chill people!

Interesting to read what fans from other clubs think about this. Various message boards, various clubs, all saying the same thing: seems like a bizarre move.

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/mb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16453

betfair http://community.betfair.com/footba.../25142377/Nigel_Pearson_new_Hull_City_Manager.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=127070

Etc etc.

it is bizarre.

I was expecting pearson to leave us in this summer, not sure why but the lack of contract signing just gave me that hunch.

However I wasnt expecting it to hull.

Also we seem to be collapsing by also allowing the head scout to leave.

I have no idea what the deal is with mandaric and his own finances, ie. is he broke or has he just decided enough is enough with our club but I do think pearson is leaving because he just wants out rather than been attracted by hull. It feels like a situation where pearson would have left for any club.

For whatever reason we seem to really struggle to hold onto good managers, the likes of forest and cardiff hold onto their's and its the manager that makes the club what it is in terms of success.

I think if we get swansea's manager then that is a dissapointment, mowbray would seem to be the most realistic choice. it is :bang: time.

Sorry do you work at the club and do you know that he tried to pin him down earlier? No?

Sorry do you work at the club and know that he didn't?

The only facts that we have at the minute regarding the whole issue are:

• Pearson's contract is up in a year
  • We do not have much, if any money to spend

That's it.

However we do have the following brilliant rumours to get all agitated and angry about:

• Pearson doesn't get on with Mandy
  • Mandy is interfering with the team selection
  • Pearson has asked for a billion pounds to spend
  • Mandaric hasn't bothered to try to tie Pearson down
  • Mandaric has tried to tie Pearson down but Pearson wants more money for himself/transfers
  • Pearson has signed for Hull
  • Hull have asked to talk to Pearson but we said no
  • Pearson is in talks with Hull
  • The Polish guy wants to take over
  • Pearson might not get on with the Polish guy
  • Pearson took a shit on Mandaric's car seat

etc...

Contracts mean jack shit these days. If a club wants a contracted manager they just have to pay compensation. If a contracted manager wants to leave he'll find a club that will pay the compensation.

I suspect that NP wanted some clear indication that funds would be forthcoming in order to boost the squad to mount another challenge on the Prem. When he was told that this couldn't happen it's understandable that he will want to further his career. His reputation is red hot at the moment, this time next season following another failed attempt at promotion he will be just another championship manager.

Whilst Hull have financial problems (as do we), they have money coming in from the Prem and a chairman that has tasted the Premiership. He will be anxious to back any new manager to acheive an instant return.

Personally, I believe that NP has more chance of getting Hull into the Prem than he has of getting City there.

Sorry do you work at the club and know that he didn't?

The only facts that we have at the minute regarding the whole issue are:

• Pearson's contract is up in a year
  • We do not have much, if any money to spend

That's it.

However we do have the following brilliant rumours to get all agitated and angry about:

• Pearson doesn't get on with Mandy
  • Mandy is interfering with the team selection
  • Pearson has asked for a billion pounds to spend
  • Mandaric hasn't bothered to try to tie Pearson down
  • Mandaric has tried to tie Pearson down but Pearson wants more money for himself/transfers
  • Pearson has signed for Hull
  • Hull have asked to talk to Pearson but we said no
  • Pearson is in talks with Hull
  • The Polish guy wants to take over
  • Pearson might not get on with the Polish guy
  • Pearson took a shit on Mandaric's car seat

etc...

Yes, they are the only facts we know.

So why did you say that he tried to pin him down earlier when clearly you don't know that and if anyone is making things up it is you.

I think its even worse, I expect NP was told he will have to agree to selling one of his best players someone like hobbs or king or fryatt. The move to hull (if it happens) smacks of desperation to get out.

I agree hull even in their situation have a more promising situation, their squad even weakened will still be strong in this division and do have all that parachute money. Even if only 10% of that parachute money is available its still probably 10x our budget.

Last edited:
I suspect that NP wanted some clear indication that funds would be forthcoming in order to boost the squad to mount another challenge on the Prem. When he was told that this couldn't happen it's understandable that he will want to further his career. His reputation is red hot at the moment, this time next season following another failed attempt at promotion he will be just another championship manager.

Whilst Hull have financial problems (as do we), they have money coming in from the Prem and a chairman that has tasted the Premiership. He will be anxious to back any new manager to acheive an instant return.

Personally, I believe that NP has more chance of getting Hull into the Prem than he has of getting City there.

There may be something in that.

This report seems to think it was a fight between NP and Holloway!!:icon_eek:

HULL City are closing in on a deal to make Leicester boss Nigel Pearson their new manager.
The 46-year-old is the mystery man at the centre of advanced negotiations and looks set to be installed as Phil Brown's successor in the Tigers hot-seat early next week.
City's head of football operations Adam Pearson yesterday refused to comment on speculation linking his namesake with a move to the KC Stadium.
However, the Mail understands a compensation package is close to being agreed to clear the way for Pearson's exit from the Walkers Stadium. It is hoped a deal can be finalised by Tuesday.
After guiding Leicester to the League One title 12 months ago, he came within a whisker of making the Championship play-off final when losing to Cardiff on penalties last month.

Although Pearson has another year to run on his existing deal, he has stalled on signing a new deal after receiving no assurances over a summer budget.
Pearson would be accompanied by his assistant Craig Shakespeare and chief scout Steve Walsh. Both trusted allies are included in the proposed compensation package.
No one was available for comment at the Walkers Stadium yesterday, but it is understood Pearson will enjoy a short family break this weekend before meeting with City again on Monday.
It seems a deal has been agreed in principle and barring any U-turn, Pearson should be in situ before City return for pre-season training on Thursday.
On a frantic day of speculation, it emerged the Tigers had also sounded out Ian Holloway.
Despite leading Blackpool into the Premier League, Holloway has twice rejected a new deal at Bloomfield Road. It is understood his latest offer of £350,000 a year has not been received well by the 47-year-old fans' favourite but a first chance to manage in the Premier League is one he will find difficult to walk away from.
Holloway played down reports of his exit yesterday and said: "Anyone who thinks I would walk out on the club must be mad. My intention is to lead Blackpool in the Premier League next season and that's the chairman's intention too."
While Holloway would be a popular choice for City's fans, Pearson is the likely candidate.
A compensation package is unavoidable and given the Tigers financial plight, far from ideal.
But with the intention to recruit a "first class" boss, City have turned to the rising reputation of Pearson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669