Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've said elsewhere, he's been a good manager rather a great manager* so far, so we probably are splitting hairs here.

To take us up as champions at the first attempt was certainly an achievement, but quite a few teams that have come up from league one have had good first seasons in the championship (Crewe, Man C and Bristol C spring to mind immediately).

Management in league one is easier than the championship, which in turn is easier than the premiership - so of course it's an 'excuse' for his success. I suppose at the end of the day, two years just isn't long enough for a manger to make a that big a step, for me at least (though I probably wouldn't be saying that if we'd gone up!)

*And let's not start on 'legendary' manager ;-)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11712_6229203,00.html

Apologies if this has already been linked. Sky are confirming nothing here, and going as far to name a few other contenders, so it may not be as bad as first thought. However, if he does go, NP has left us with at least the raw nerve of a good team. I'd expect a decent managerial signing and for MM to attempt to keep the nucleus of our team. To ell both our manager and team down the river would be unforgivable......not beyond belief, but unforgivable nonetheless.

Management in league one is easier than the championship, which in turn is easier than the premiership

Is it really? Based on what? Give Jose Mourinho the management job at Hereford and I think you'll find he won't just run away with the league as he did in the Premiership.

And yes, several teams have done well in their first attempt back, but was that not down to good management as well? :102: I'm sure most Man City, Bristol City and Crewe fans would say Royle, Johnson and Grady were all very good managers for them (or even legendary in Grady's case).

And I don't even know why we are disagreeing, because I never said he was a very good manager or a legendary manager, but he has turned the club around and made a very big positive impact at the club, yet you're already excusing his success because other teams have done it as well. That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
It's back on the SSN news ticker that Hull are in talks with NP

I would just like to state that it is not simply the loss of Pearson that I am upset about, it's the fact that we are losing one of the strongest management teams we have ever had, from the rudkin and beaglehole to the very important Walsh.

Replacing such good staff will be very very difficult, if not impossible.

I would just like to state that it is not simply the loss of Pearson that I am upset about, it's the fact that we are losing one of the strongest management teams we have ever had, from the rudkin and beaglehole to the very important Walsh.

We may not lose them. I suppose we would have a better chance of keeping them if we promote from within - i.e. Powell (I assume the others aren't interested in managment.)

Just broacast a load of shite saying that the club wouldn't comment.

Fair enough that he wants to leave, but come on HULL CITY! What the **** in hell are they, shit loads of debt one of the worsed places to live in the country and they have to sell all of there best players, I don't have anything against Hull as a place or team but I just don't see the appeal. Pearson is an up and coming manager and could easily join a bigger and better team, let down Nige you really are if this is true.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with you on summat.

Hull is a truly awful place to live and has nowt going for it at all.

I agree completely. It's not just Pearson's (relative, if you like) success. It's the whole management team and the way they go about their business.

Walsh, in particular, every time I see him interviewed he just seems to know the game and players so well. It just seems like anyone with him in their backroom staff could become a very, very good team indeed (and that's been proven as he was the head scout behind Keegan's very successful Newcastle side and Vialli's very successful Chelsea side) and his track record of signings is stupidly good. I can't see us replacing someone like him.

We may not lose them. I suppose we would have a better chance of keeping them if we promote from within - i.e. Powell (I assume the others aren't interested in managment.)

According to a Hull fan on another site the reports have said that Pearson will take his backroom staff.

I'm praying this isn't true - I haven't been so gutted to hear that a manager might be leaving us since MON. Actually, it's even worse, because at least MON left us for Celtic, but if NP joins Hull he'll be in direct competition with us next season.

Hopefully, the fact that we've signed up Tom Kennedy and we're 'in talks' with two other players means that the management team are looking towards next season. I might be clutching at straws, but needs must.

Also, if he's in talks with Hull, maybe Milan will pull his finger out and give NP what he wants. Because I honestly can't see how Hull are a more attractive prospect than us, they haven't got a pot to piss in either, they have a much higher wage bill and a playing squad that isn't anywhere near as good as Newcastle's or West Brom's last season.

PLEASE STAY NIGE!

Your so boring and not funny, honestly get a life.

Stringer saying they have requested to talk to Leicester and Leicester have refused to talk.

Also said that Polish bloke still wants to buy the club and they are unsure if they are linked.

Mandaric unable to talk to Leicester.

So if this Polish guy is still interested,surely Pearson would wait and see what happens.

Or is it a case of getting out,as the new season dawns upon us!

Hull is a truly awful place to live and has nowt going for it at all.

I'd fully expect anyone on the kind of money that football managers are on would choose to live somewhere close but much nicer. York springs to mind and it's only a Humber Bridge crossing away from Mablethorpe and Skeggy.

I'd fully expect anyone on the kind of money that football managers are on would choose to live somewhere close but much nicer. York springs to mind and it's only a Humber Bridge crossing away from Mablethorpe and Skeggy.

Doesn't NP live in Sheffield?

So he could stay where he is, Hull is about the same distance from Sheffield as Leicester is.

Doesn't NP live in Sheffield?

So he could stay where he is, Hull is about the same distance from Sheffield as Leicester is.

I think he lives in Notts, but he's still only 1hr 15 mins away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669