Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be absolutely gutted if he does go - but with no possible indication of reason (we don't even know if he is going yet!), then I don't see how people can blame either Pearson or Mandaric.

If he does go, and it's because he finds Mandaric difficult to work with.... I'd suggest Adam Pearson's Hull isn't the best place to go! Isn't he the one that sacked Billy Davies from Derby after arguments between the 2, despite Davies' fantastic achievement of getting them promoted

DesertFox - How do you know that someone is just going to come in and just go for boom and bust and not try to pay off their debts?

Yes, money atm in football is way out of control, but to hate Pearson for this just seems silly to me. Have to agree with PFK, we ourselves are skint, he wants to further his career and he thinks he has more chance of doing that at Hull than with us. Whether his intentions to leave are honourable or not he's completely revitalised our club and hopefully we can build from here. I'll always remember his 2 seasons here with a fondness.
Last word from me on this Prof...

Hull's debts are well documented, as Jeff pointed out earlier in this thread. Most, if not all professional football clubs in this country are in debt up to their eyeballs, a situation that can't carry on for much longer, surely.

There are two types of people that take over football clubs - lifelong fans who have made a bit of money - old-fashioned club chairmen - and speculators like MM who want to make even more money on the back of football's popularity. Maybe there is a lifelong Hull fan with a spare - that's spare - 35m that they are willing to put in, expecting no return whatsoever... but I seriously doubt it.

What's more likely is another overseas investor wanting to do what MM wants to do with Leicester, which is refinance the debt over an even longer period of time (like the Glazers did) and hope that someone with even more financial clout (which means the ability to secure loans, not have a huge amount of cash they're willing to use to clear debts without return) will come in and make the speculators a profit once they've reached the holy grail of the Premier League. If that doesn't happen... ah well, what the ****, they're not fans after all, who cares if the club goes to the wall (apart from the stupid fans). They won't lose out personally.

Any club doing that is eventually heading the same way as Portsmouth. Any player, manager, chairman or speculator propping this shit up is bad for the game.

Right, I'll stop whining about football eating itself now. Nothing personal Prof, still friends? :056:

Oh, and very last word... :icon_wink

I won't "hate" Nige for doing whatever the hell wants. There are very few people I hate. But I'd be very dissappointed in him if he goes to Hull because they can offer him a bigger transfer budget. I had him down as a sensible and responsible man but going to Hull for a bigger transfer budget would demostrate that not to be the case.

@ DesertFox

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of the way football is run financially either and have criticised as much as anyone in the past, I just personally don't see it a reason to hold it against Pearson.

You also have to remember, for someone like me, who was too young to really appreciate the MON days, though I can remember bits and pieces of it, Pearson is the most exciting manager and has built the most exciting team since I properly understood the emotional attachment you get with following a football club and properly appreciated individual performances. So for me, he will always be a hero.

No hard feelings. :)

Last edited:
He's done well and I have enjoyed his time here but if he were to leave for Hull then I wish him nothing but failure. If that's the height of his ambition then he can feck right off.

We have said it enough with regards to players... If he doesn't want to be here do we want him?

I am grateful to NP for what he has done at the club in the last couple of years. I'm not sure he would ever be a good premier league manager but I would like to have seen him give it a go at Leicester.

Last edited:
@ DesertFox

Fair enough. I'm not a fan of the way football is run financially either and have criticised as much as anyone in the past, I just personally don't see it a reason to hold it against Pearson.

You also have to remember, for someone like me, who was too young to really appreciate the MON days, though I can remember bits and pieces of it, Pearson is the most exciting manager and has built the most exciting team since I properly understood the emotional attachment you get with following a football club and properly appreciated individual performances. So for me, he will always be a hero.

No hard feelings. :)
Nigel Pearson is the best thing to happen to LCFC in a decade. It would be such a shame for it to end like this.

True, but that just goes to show what an awful decade the naughties have been.

The 00s were an awful decade, but from where he took over to where we are now, he has inspired the side like few other managers in our history.

People will obviously change his legacy on his way of leaving as fans tend to, and call me a blue mongie if you want, but I feel it would be an injustice if fans started to excuse just what a fantastic job he has done and some of the exciting players he has brought in, or in Fryatt's case, revitalised.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least, if he did make it in the Premiership. Especially with Steve Walsh and Craig Shakespeare by his side.

Last edited:
The 00s were an awful decade, but from where he took over to where we are now, he has inspired the side like few other managers in our history.

No, he's got us to the bottom end of the window (low 1st div/high 2nd div) that the club has occupied for the majority of its history. He's done well to get us there in the time and resources he's been given, but that doesn't change the fact that he took over at an absolute historic low.

No, he's got us to the bottom end of the window (low 1st div/high 2nd div) that the club has occupied for the majority of its history. He's done well to get us there in the time and resources he's been given, but that doesn't change the fact that he took over at an absolute historic low.

That's what I mean about people making excuses for his success.

Yes, he took over us at a historic low, but we have no right to just be at the low end 1st tier/high end 2nd tier.

Are you forgetting how bad we were when Pearson came in? And the fact that our only half decent players (Stearman, McAuley, Hume) all left and how he has brought in some of the most exciting players the club has seen for years, and in such a short period of time? I'm not saying he took us to the heights that Matt Gillies or someone did, but from where he came in to where he has taken us, there are few managers in our history who have done a better job. Put simply, he took over the worst side in the club's history and made the club exciting again.

A good management stint isn't necessarily just about finishing the highest. It's about going far from the point at which you took over the side as well. I'd say he did a much better job here than Micky Adams for example despite not finishing as high, because although I thought Adams was a good manager for us, he took over an already good side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670