Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mr Hoos, we already know it's not your decision.

Still seems to me that there must be a great deal more to this than what is being reported in the national and local media.

Mercury is reporting its about frustration regarding failings in bringing in loan players, something I would have thought Hoos would have been closely involved in.

Still seems to me that there must be a great deal more to this than what is being reported in the national and local media.

Mercury is reporting its about frustration regarding failings in bringing in loan players, something I would have thought Hoos would have been closely involved in.

Well is was rumoured he botched the Cleverly signing by pissing off Fergie.

This is from today's Leicester Mercury. For 'sources' you could probably substitute Alan Birchenall....

'Sources say Pearson's relationship with owner Milan Mandaric and the City hierarchy deteriorated to the extent he may have felt his position had become untenable.

Pearson was apparently frustrated a number of transfer deals fell through, including deals to bring Tom Cleverley to City for a second loan spell and a move last season for former Birmingham City centre back Martin Taylor.

He was also unhappy that DJ Campbell was allowed to join promotion rivals Blackpool on loan in January when he would have preferred the striker rejoin Derby County for a second loan spell.

Pearson had one year left on his City contract but it is understood discussions over a new deal were not productive. He wanted new deals for his assistants and assurances of his playing budgets but negotiations broke down.'

If the above is substantially true then MM missed a golden opportunity to get us promoted with one of the best managers we've ever had. It doesn't matter who we get as a replacement for NP. Without even a relatively small amount of money to spend, no manager will ever get us up.

I've never felt so disillusioned about football in general and LCFC in particular. It's hard to see what is the point in supporting a club that is never going anywhere next season except downhill.

I would have thought we would have heard something by now if it was that cut dried ? Jeff any notification of a press conference ?

Probably right that loan dealings are a part of the problem but I am sure that Hoos is only representing the instructions and interests of the main man!

I would have thought we would have heard something by now if it was that cut dried ? Jeff any notification of a press conference ?

I doubt there will be a Leicester press conference before there's a Hull one to announce him, which I doubt Jeff would be notified about.

Probably right that loan dealings are a part of the problem but I am sure that Hoos is only representing the instructions and interests of the main man!

Yes, but it seems like Hoos couldn't carry the instructions through.

We may have ****ed up those loans, but still managed to get James Vaughan and Spearing in, you'd think that would've helped the situation a little.

This is from today's Leicester Mercury. For 'sources' you could probably substitute Alan Birchenall....

'Sources say Pearson's relationship with owner Milan Mandaric and the City hierarchy deteriorated to the extent he may have felt his position had become untenable.

Pearson was apparently frustrated a number of transfer deals fell through, including deals to bring Tom Cleverley to City for a second loan spell and a move last season for former Birmingham City centre back Martin Taylor.

He was also unhappy that DJ Campbell was allowed to join promotion rivals Blackpool on loan in January when he would have preferred the striker rejoin Derby County for a second loan spell.

Pearson had one year left on his City contract but it is understood discussions over a new deal were not productive. He wanted new deals for his assistants and assurances of his playing budgets but negotiations broke down.'

If the above is substantially true then MM missed a golden opportunity to get us promoted with one of the best managers we've ever had. It doesn't matter who we get as a replacement for NP. Without even a relatively small amount of money to spend, no manager will ever get us up.

I've never felt so disillusioned about football in general and LCFC in particular. It's hard to see what is the point in supporting a club that is never going anywhere next season except downhill.

Steady on, he's looked good but I think that's a bit OTT. With our squad and budget a lot of managers would have emulated his success in League 1, and whilst last season was a success in my eyes, a lot of fans were berating his poor tactics and decisions through out the season.

Perhaps NP knows we may be going in to admin should we not procure investment? Why would NP stay at a club about to be docked points and with administrators selling assets?

Perhaps NP knows we may be going in to admin should we not procure investment? Why would NP stay at a club about to be docked points and with administrators selling assets?

Ha Ha jumping the gun a bit there alex.

I doubt there will be a Leicester press conference before there's a Hull one to announce him, which I doubt Jeff would be notified about.

Really you mean Hull wouldnt let Jeff know :icon_roll I was thinking more along the lines of if he was staying they might announce it but as Jeff says probably just be a press release as opposed to a conference.

Last edited:
We will get compensation for Pearson, this can then be used to pay compo for someone else, if Mandaric so chooses.

I would have thought Hull would have to pay part of our new managers compensation as well to which ever club he is at now. It can get very complicated.

Really you mean Hull wouldnt let Jeff know :icon_roll I was thinking more along the lines of if he was staying they might announce it but as Jeff says probably just be a press release as opposed to a conference.

You think he's staying :tumbleweed:

MM is 'apparantly' working flat out to keep NP at the club.

'too late'...you gave permission Mandaric for Pearson to talk to Hull.

Maybe not, you don't know what kind of clauses Pearson has in his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669