Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon DJ Campbell is that heart of NP leaving. Hoos could not agree a fee with Blackpool, wanting at least a million. NP would have settled for less in order to get at least some funds for new players.

Hoos publicly stated that DJ would remain a City player and seemed not to understand that NP does not want DJ to stay here.

Good riddance to Nigel (I'm sure you will reach the heights with Hull City, a real force in football! Keep them in the Championship next season and you'll get the England job, that's how good you are. All you have done as a Manager is to win the third division of football with a squad of players that were clearly Championship material, and then took the same side, having spent a reasonable amount of money compared to some sides, to a play off place. Unfortunately, you got the tactics wrong for the play off home game against Cardiff, and you spent the whole season finding ways of getting rid of a Championship quality striker and offloaded him to one of our promotion rivals, thereby handing them promotion! You have had money to spend and the Chairman has backed you. Hope you have a nice time at Hull.

Welcome back DJ. Now that Nige is gone, here's your chance to bag the goals for City.

By...
All you have done as a Manager is to win the third division of football with a squad of players that were clearly Championship material, and then took the same side, having spent a reasonable amount of money compared to some sides, to a play off place. Unfortunately, you got the tactics wrong for the play off home game against Cardiff, and you spent the whole season finding ways of getting rid of a Championship quality striker and offloaded him to one of our promotion rivals, thereby handing them promotion!
do you mean all you did was completely revitalised the club, had the greatest win ratio in the club's history, brought in some of the most exciting players the club has had for years, fought back away to one of the best teams in the division after a dressing-room bust up and low morale thanks to your centre back, winning the title at a canter after taking over a squad in disarray with several of its best players leaving and cutting the wage bill and getting to the play-offs after just being promoted having spent pretty much a Championship average on transfer fees, and all while under a chairman who is notorious for meddling and who has fallen out and sacked numerous managers in the past? :102:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, his tactics for the home leg against Cardiff wsere put into some disarray as there was just a little bit of bother the day before with Wayne Brown. Or do you think that incident had no effect whatsoever on team morale that weekend?

I've only heard similar stuff to others, but I'm just disappointed that this seems to have been in motion for more than a week and it appears that LCFC have done absolutely buggar all to attempt to stop it. No offence to MM going on his holibobs and all that, but this is quite a crucial thing going on here..

I rate Pearson highly and it will be a big loss. I struggle to think of many managers who I think could actually take us forward at this point but there are a few who could do a good job. I just hope we don't wind up with Iain Dowie or the like...

So if what people have said is true- he has engineered a move to another club where prospects of promotion appear better to him, at a time his manager is unavailable to get involved in the process properly.....Why did he make such a fuss over Mattock ****ing off?

I've only heard similar stuff to others, but I'm just disappointed that this seems to have been in motion for more than a week and it appears that LCFC have done absolutely buggar all to attempt to stop it. No offence to MM going on his holibobs and all that, but this is quite a crucial thing going on here..
By all accounts, Pearson is (or has been) on holiday as well. Can't see what Milan could have done differently, except perhaps stalk his manager abroad. Which isn't likely to have improved the situation.

After hes finally announced at Hull I hope he comes out and states honestly why he left. Doubt it though.

Perhaps the Foxes Trust could write to him and ask him :102:

I'd rather he told us what really happened with regards to Leroy Potter doing a shit in Milan's car. We may have to wait for the autobiography for that one though.

After hes finally announced at Hull I hope he comes out and states honestly why he left. Doubt it though.

I have no doubt that as part of the deal that allows Pearson to join Hull, will include some sort of agreement where he cannot divulge his reasons for leaving other than "he has taken the club as far as he could", "the challenge of taking Hull back to the top flight" and / or "too good an opportunity to turn down".

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=504113&page=2

Just came across this.

Sunderland fans seem to have a good view on us and the one guy who has a dig at us gets slated :)

Interestingly someone says that we were meant to get Darren Gibson and Tom Cleverly on loan a couple of season ago but we messed United about so Fergie pulled the plug. The guy also claimes that we nearly signed Daniel Agger sixth months before he went Liverpool and we refused to pay 1.6 million for Simon Cox!

this one is interesting.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showpost.php?p=8037801&postcount=14

also the failed 400k signing for mark davies which milan blocked.

Who knows? He may have stayed for the sake of it, but this position was available.

Everyone is moaning about them being a smaller club etc, but if you're unhappy at a club, then what's the point in staying? They will better his salary, he'll have just as much chance of getting them up as he will here, so all in all he can't lose.

I don't think Pearson is all about money, I think he's a decent guy who doesn't like to be messed around.

BBC Radio Leic played an interview with MM from last October where he basically said he would back his manager through thick and thin, give them everything they needed bla bla bla, and I suspect NP feels let down that MM didn't stick to his word.

It maybe the interview I remember.

MM said if we were in the top 6 in january he would back pearson, I suspect MM thought it wasnt likely we would be top 6. But we were top 6 and of course MM didnt back pearson.

This has been bubbling under for over a week now if insiders info is too be believed, and I wonder if the announcement has been agreed between the two clubs as Wednesday in the hope that we will be in a position to make a positive statement regards Pearson's successor.

I can only assume we will see a takeover in the coming days/weeks. This whole thing makes no sense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669