Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. The person who told me the information which NF posted is very much an insider in the club.

Apparently the Micky Adams rumour is just a rumour.

NP apparently said his goodbyes on Saturday.

Hoos has apparently upset a lot of the staff. Apparently he is a major reason as to why Taggart left, been told to expect a mass exodus.

So Hoos is the one that started this mess from the start!? If its true, then the award for 'The Biggest Wanker' goes to him.

Thanks Hoos!

Because Milan wants tp rein back expenditure and has brought Hoos in to do the hatchet job for him.

When Hoos has cut the costs the likelihood is that he will move on.

Not too complicated.

Hoos is doing a job not making the policy.

The fact that Pearson has taken the Hull job is confirmation of his determination to get out at almost all costs.

I was afraid that this would be the way the cookie would crumble if we missed out in the play-offs. Clearly Milan saw promotion last season as the last throw of the dice and wasn't up for any further expansive policies.

It's not nice - but it is the financial reality of way he is...and where we are.

Redundancies and cost cuttings is never going to be popular, but surely there must be more to it for this amount of discontent?

Is it another one of those 'we'll never know the full story' ones, or is Hoos just an unpopular figure for a reason?

Hoos was brought in by Milan to do the dirty work. It's his job. He's a convenient hate target but I'd like to know some facts before I jump on that bandwagon.

As for Taggart, let's be fair - he was supposedly reserve team manager but we haven't had a reserve team for ages, so what was the point in keeping him? What did he actually do? I imagine the reason he left was because he was offered a real job.

If we didn't have someone making the tough decisions (and no doubt upsetting a few people along the way) we'd be hemorrhaging money at an even greater rate.

It's well-known NP stated he wanted us to have a proper reserve side next season. Once Taggart knew it wasn't going to happen, he went elsewhere

People are putting a brave face on it. Managers make a difference, A lot of people (including I am ashamed to say myself) were excited at the prospect of Frank McLintock taking over from Jimmy Bloomfield and the appointment was a disaster. I was very sad that MON left but most people including me were convinced that Peter Taylor was going to be a brilliant manager (the next England manager after Sven the papers said).

I also wonder whether Leicester is going to be an attractive proposition for an ambitious manager. The present manager thinks Hull are a better prospect; the manager before him regretted leaving Plymouth for us; before him the manager resigned after about a month and the manager before him was sacked "for non-football reasons".
Leicester are becoming footballs answer to the Upas tree is whose shade nothing grows.

I reckon DJ Campbell is that heart of NP leaving. Hoos could not agree a fee with Blackpool, wanting at least a million. NP would have settled for less in order to get at least some funds for new players.

Hoos publicly stated that DJ would remain a City player and seemed not to understand that NP does not want DJ to stay here.

I've no idea how Pearson and Taggart got along, but he was never part of NP's "team" as such. I don't like the idea of someone being imposed on a new manager, in the way Taggart was with Pearson (for "continuity") or Kelly was with Levein (because he "knew the league").

Let the manager select his own backroom staff, people he knows he can get along with.

I reckon DJ Campbell is that heart of NP leaving. Hoos could not agree a fee with Blackpool, wanting at least a million. NP would have settled for less in order to get at least some funds for new players.

Hoos publicly stated that DJ would remain a City player and seemed not to understand that NP does not want DJ to stay here.
Again, we are clearly not in a financial position where we can let a striker who scored a hatful of goals in the Champioship last season leave for free, just because the manager doesn't like him. If that's why Pearson is leaving, I think Pearson is being a **** and not understanding (or caring about) the financial situation.

Sounds to me MM apointed Hoos to f*ck everybody off, hence maybe the reason
Pearsons leaving.

After hearing all these storys about the club and the rumours, I don't no who to believe. But seems to me something big has kicked off over the last few days, surley involving MM and Hoos!

Sounds to me MM apointed Hoos to f*ck everybody off, hence maybe the reason Pearsons leaving.
I'm sure that was absolutely the job description. Lee, I want you to piss everyone off so they all leave. Sounds very likely to me. :icon_roll

But seems to me something big has kicked off over the last few days, surley involving MM and Hoos!
And Nigel Pearson, obviously.

Dear Baby Jebus,

Please make it stop.

Lots of love, Macky

It is always salutary to realise that these days players and managers are complete mercenaries with no loyalty to the clubvs at all. After all why should they be - clubs never show any loyalty to managers or players.

It is fans who are unreasonably loyal.

Overheard in a tearoom garden on Sunday morning
Old friend: Looks like you'll be losing your manager.
DG: Looks like it. Its a real blow as I thought he was very good.
OF: Will you still be going to watch them.
DG: Of course., I bought a season ticket months ago. But I would go down whoever was manager and whatever team they picked..

The one thing I don't understand about all this is if NP had a bust up with Hoos and MM then why did he not quit it all seems a bit of a coincidence that hull come knocking at the same time the manager falls out with the chairman. One minue Hull are no where to be seen and then all of a sudden they are announcing NP as there manager (well not yet but they will) This surely then can not be all MM and hoos' fault as some are suggesting.

The one thing I don't understand about all this is if NP had a bust up with Hoos and MM then why did he not quit it all seems a bit of a coincidence that hull come knocking at the same time the manager falls out with the chairman. One minue Hull are no where to be seen and then all of a sudden they are announcing NP as there manager (well not yet but they will) This surely then can not be all MM and hoos' fault as some are suggesting.

NP's not signed a new deal, 99% because of the strain in his relationship with LH & MM, and assurances over spending and deals for his backroom staff. NP was prepared to see what happened, and clearly in the last two weeks the situation has become so bad, he can't stand to work at the club anymore.

It's no coinsidence that Hull have come knocking, NP simply tells his agent to tell them he's interested in talking to them. Hull know they can only do this by making an approach, and this is how we're at the position we're at today.

I can assure you that between MM & LH, they are responsible for NP wanting to leave.

NP's not signed a new deal, 99% because of the strain in his relationship with LH & MM, and assurances over spending and deals for his backroom staff. NP was prepared to see what happened, and clearly in the last two weeks the situation has become so bad, he can't stand to work at the club anymore.

It's no coinsidence that Hull have come knocking, NP simply tells his agent to tell them he's interested in talking to them. Hull know they can only do this by making an approach, and this is how we're at the position we're at today.

I can assure you that between MM & LH, they are responsible for NP wanting to leave.

So do you think if hull had appointed somebody else NP would have quit any way?

So do you think if hull had appointed somebody else NP would have quit any way?

Who knows? He may have stayed for the sake of it, but this position was available.

Everyone is moaning about them being a smaller club etc, but if you're unhappy at a club, then what's the point in staying? They will better his salary, he'll have just as much chance of getting them up as he will here, so all in all he can't lose.

I don't think Pearson is all about money, I think he's a decent guy who doesn't like to be messed around.

BBC Radio Leic played an interview with MM from last October where he basically said he would back his manager through thick and thin, give them everything they needed bla bla bla, and I suspect NP feels let down that MM didn't stick to his word.

Sounds to me MM apointed Hoos to f*ck everybody off, hence maybe the reason
Pearsons leaving.

After hearing all these storys about the club and the rumours, I don't no who to believe. But seems to me something big has kicked off over the last few days, surley involving MM and Hoos!

It wouldn't chime with Milan's public image to do all the dirty work - particularly when it involves hacking off a reasonably popular manager.

I would assume Hoos is well paid to implement decisions which are painful.

Still its MM who puts up the money so until someone else is prepared to put their money where their mouth is - nothing much can change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669