Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

done and dusted

(thought this deserved a thread of its own)

The Club regrets to announce that Nigel Pearson has today left Leicester City and has joined Hull City Football Club.

Chairman Milan Mandaric said:

"We were greatly surprised to receive the initial approach from Hull.The past few years have been a turbulent time for both me and the supporters at Leicester City.

We have been striving to get a degree of continuity at the Club; however, Nigel has done a fantastic job for us and it would have been wrong of us to deny him the opportunity to speak to another club if he wished.

After speaking to him, we have reluctantly agreed that if he wished to pursue this opportunity at Hull, we would permit it.

I am deeply grateful to Nigel for everything he has done for the Club.He has put together the foundations of a strong squad and it is now up to us to find a manager to build on those foundations."

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks to Nigel for providing the best football-related experience of my life (so far) in Cardiff.

Good luck to you.

I'm retiring football from my interests for the time being. This week has been feckin awful.

Firewall at work stops me from seeing LCFC website, any chance somebody can post the statement. Thanks

Inevitable in the end, but whilst I am disappointed he has moved on after 2 very good seasons I wish him well. He employed an excellent back room staff as well and it is going to be a very big ask to replace the management team that have left, in particular Steve Walsh

Firewall at work stops me from seeing LCFC website, any chance somebody can post the statement. Thanks

Inevitable in the end, but whilst I am disappointed he has moved on after 2 very good seasons I wish him well. He employed an excellent back room staff as well and it is going to be a very big ask to replace the management team that have left, in particular Steve Walsh

pearsongone.jpg

Last edited:
Bloody hell! Well good luck to him in the future. I think he's a fantastic manager, just a shame to see him go to another championship team. It will be intresting to see who Milan appoints next.

Cheers for all you've done Nige, top bloke!

thank you pearson for getting us out of league 1, and a brilliant season in the championship!, i hope we get sousa in, lets move on

Or coward-faced arse?

Would you rather be an arse-faced weasel or a weasel-faced arse?

I'd be either, as long as we don't get Madge as the new boss

You're living in the dark ages football-wise, you really are :018:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572