Pearson to Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people keep ignoring the role Wayne Brown played in the first leg defeat!

Especially when they're trying their hardest to slag Pearson. I just can't understand it

Thats the bit that gets me, if Milan really wanted to keep him he would have denied permission and Nigel would have to then resign.

Despite everything else, anybody else wonder why it is only Hull City that have taken him?

If his unrest was known and/or his agent was looking for a move for him then surely someone else would have been in the frame too for such a brilliant Manager?

Yet he goes to Hull? :102:

Isnt that what all of us deal in on here? :102:

Yes, but surely we aren't definitely going to sell 5 or 6 of our best players solely because Pearson has left?

I can see possibly Hobbs and Fryatt going, but I doubt any other of our players will move on - it would completely rip the team apart and I'm sure Mandaric doesn't want that as it jeopardizes any chances of promotion this season.

I wonder if you will still be saying this in Feb after our team has been dismantled by MM and we are firmly in the relegation zone. :icon_lol:

My stance will remain as such. In fact, with this departure I expect the above to happen and am already bracing for the worst.

I can see possibly Hobbs and Fryatt going, but I doubt any other of our players will move on - it would completely rip the team apart and I'm sure Mandaric doesn't want that as it jeopardizes any chances of selling the club this season.

Could be.

Can't believe we would look to sell players at the mo but certain players values are obviously enhanced with last seasons form but this is why it is critical to get the right man in or I can imagine Mandy will cash in if form/values start to fall.

Thats the bit that gets me, if Milan really wanted to keep him he would have denied permission and Nigel would have to then resign. There is more to this than meets the eye as has been mentioned on the other thread. How many other clubs during the season asked to speak to Nigel I wonder and what did Milan tell them, yeah Feck off, so why this time has he allowed it.

Like I said in the earlier post, according to The Birch he's apparently been pushed out, even though he didn't want to go. Hopefully the truth will come out soon!

Yes, but surely we aren't definitely going to sell 5 or 6 of our best players solely because Pearson has left?

I can see possibly Hobbs and Fryatt going, but I doubt any other of our players will move on - it would completely rip the team apart and I'm sure Mandaric doesn't want that as it jeopardizes any chances of promotion this season.

I tell you what also jeopardizes the chances of promotion...letting a successful manager leave

Last edited:
I tell you what also jeopardizes the chances of promotion...letting a successful manager leave

whereas keeping an unhappy manager at the club would guarantee success I suppose?

What could he have done? If he couldn't afford to give in to Pearson's demands and Pearson was adamant he wanted to go then MM couldn't do anything to stop him. Contracts mean nothing in football these days.

What could he have done? If he couldn't afford to give in to Pearson's demands and Pearson was adamant he wanted to go then MM couldn't do anything to stop him. Contracts mean nothing in football these days.

Ditto. Pearson wanted out. We probably will never find out the reason(s) why he wanted out, but he wanted out. Therefore you move on. End of. As has been said, the last person you want at a club is a manager who doesn't want to be there.

As is everyone else, I am clueless as to why Nigel, presumably having fallen out big time, probably over future player funding with Milan and/or Hoos, decided to go to Hull.

I am sure given his reputation from the last two years, he would have got much better offers from bigger clubs if he had waited a bit. This has all happened too fast.

Crucially, what message does it send to possible replacements?

If you are Mad Dog or Holloway you take your chances with Milan, but if you see someone like Nigel, arguably one of the best managers in the top two divisions, being treated like sh*t by Milan, to drive him to Hull of all places, who will want to apply that actually is a very good manager, rather than the usual cluster of mavericks and chancers?

Whereas caving in to unobtainable financial demands jeopardizes the chances of long term survival of the club. Tough call...

Last edited:
Nigel Pearson, good manager, thanks and all that, but really... anyone who leaves Leicester City for Hull is either in a downward spiral (which he isn't) or is a complete and utter cock.

Whatever. Next!

I am amazed with all the good wishes that people are offering him. I wish him nothing but the worst and I would most definitely boo him if I was there when he returned.

We are in a financially perilous position. This is not exactly breaking news. Almost all, if not every team in the Cahampionship are in dire straits financially. We got relegated to League 1 and had to suffer the obvious economic consequences. We failed to win promotion this past season and so did not benefit from those economic advantages. How exactly is it Milan Mandaric's or Les Hoos's fault that we do not have a pot to piss in?

Nigle Pearson did a very good job for us. He got us up at the first time of asking from League 1 and took us to a position in the Championship that was certianly far beyond my realistic expectations. However, did he do this alone or did he do this with the help of Milan Mandaric and the LCFC board? I would argue that the relative success of the past two seasons is in no small part down to Milan Mandaric.

In Pearson's time at the club, Milan has not been his usual media-friendly rent-a-quote self. He has stayed in the background and made veey few media appearances. He has not interfered with the team and player recruitment in the way that he did when Martin Allen was here. He has backed Pearson in the transfer market. Have we spent 5 or even 2 million on one player, no. However, we have brought in the likes of Tunchev and Hobbs on permanent contracts and he has financed countless Premier League loanees, who presumably were on Premier League wages. It can't have been cheap having, Cleverley, Spearing, Vaughan, Solano etc on the wage bill. Not to mention the added wages of players like Nielsen and McGivern - two players who belonged nowhere near our club, let alone our first team. (I would love Robbie Nielson to prove me worong.)

Someone said that Milan should have refused him permission to talk to Hull and made him resign if he wanted to leave. Let him resign and lose out on 400,00 compensation - that really would be bad financial management on the part of the board. And what about forcing a manager to stay who does not want to be at our club. The same people who are saying we should refused him permission are likely the same people who were saying we should get rid of DJ Campbell because he does want to be at our club. Speaking of Campbell, maybe we can now keep him and bring in a manager who can get the best out of him. Holloway, Allen, Bruce and even Nigel Clough have all managed where Pearson failed in that regard.

Perhaps if Pearson had not totally conceded the first leg of the Play-Off semi-final to Cardiff and cost us the tie, we may have made it to Wembley and made it to the Premier League and he could have managed a club with some money in the bank.

At last! Someone who can write a well-reasoned point of view and one that I totally agree with. Would have written it myself if I'd had the time. Well done that London!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669