PES v Fifa-the 2009 battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed on both counts DD.

Shooting outside the area on FIFA is only really worthwhile with the better players, eg Gerrard. 99% of goals have to be scored from in the area which makes the game more difficult and (sometimes) boring as the build up needs to be poatient.

Crossing from open play is ok i think, i've scored a fair few goals that way. That is if you can keep the ball long enough to get down the wings. The best way i've found is to play a lofted through ball to a pacey winger.

The variation of play on FIFA is better, with posession being very important. Even though the build up on PES is quicker and more exciting, it does feel a little 'superficial' in comparison to FIFA.

Some of the pass selections are rather random and nothing like you wanted when you pressed the button. Also, whether a pass is under/over-hit only really depends on the player's ability and their balance/technique. Most of the time, all that you have to do is face the way you want to play then tap 'pass' in order to hit an inch perfect pass. FIFA makes you do a little more with the option to choose the shot power and relies on your ability to see a player's run.

So to summarise that little bit, PES is faster and more exciting but FIFA is more delicate and requires a good football brain.

I agree with the graphics not being as good as expected, and I am yet to score a goal outside the area!

Me and my brother have been having some FIFA duels. He done me 4 games in a row yesterday. Today, I won 4-3, 5-0, 10-1 and 2-1 with ten men. When I have a Pro Evo tourney on Sundays, I am dog-shit esp. defending wise.

He scored an absolute corker with Kranjcar, Pompey.
http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/3022244

See the cheeky shit's celebration? :icon_lol:

I've scored a few from outside the area - Oakley's alright with them. Cahill too good at 'em.

I got FIFA (Xbox 360) for Christmas, I think it's all very realistic, sometimes a bit too much. I haven't tried PES for a couple of years so I can't really compare, but I agree with Nathan, the build up takes a lot of time and is important. Still like it though and that arena thing while you're waiting is great (would be nice if you could play with two players and use two controllers there!)

Had Fifa for just under a month and it's freezing every time I try and play.

my fifa has started freezing alot lately too but I think it's down to my 360 being a bit naff as it has started doing it on other games like Fallout 3 as well. I still think its by far the best football game available at the minute and look forward to next year. Shame they don't update the rosters very often though, would be nice to see Davies, Berner and any other missing players in the Leicester Line-up.

any updates pro 2009 released yet? (ps3 version)

Anyone got FIFA09 on the PS3 fancy playing some games some time?

Just add me, Id is the same as in here.

we have a rule in our house (PES on PS3 boys btw) that if you lose by 5 goals or more you have to sit in our "cellar" (cupboard under the stairs, comes from wen we were at uni and we actually had cellars in sheffield!) for 15 minutes with only the instruction manual. the hope is the player will improve and its a funny punishment. also it keeps games alive wen people are getting hammered. had some epic games which have finished 4-0, 5-1 etc and the person who lost being more happy than the person who's won!! haha

one of our friends bought FIFA round on the xbox and it looked good but we only played it very briefly, been pro through and through since PES2 but might get FIFA next time...

we have a rule in our house (PES on PS3 boys btw) that if you lose by 5 goals or more you have to sit in our "cellar" (cupboard under the stairs, comes from wen we were at uni and we actually had cellars in sheffield!) for 15 minutes with only the instruction manual. the hope is the player will improve and its a funny punishment. also it keeps games alive wen people are getting hammered. had some epic games which have finished 4-0, 5-1 etc and the person who lost being more happy than the person who's won!! haha

one of our friends bought FIFA round on the xbox and it looked good but we only played it very briefly, been pro through and through since PES2 but might get FIFA next time...

It's alright for a quick thrill but nothing more. Stick to PES for now.

Sying that, iy may be a different story come October.

I was Pro through and through (mainly because of Uni) but I got Fifa this time and the quality gap is huge, Fifa is just the dogs nads.

I have been a geek and update all the Championship teams to spec. Started a season....and played it on world class which I am shite at.

WK1 Preston 1-0 Fryatt
WK2 Plymouth 0-1
WK3 Ipswich 2-1 Fryatt (2)
WK4 Doncaster 4-2 Howard, N'Guessan (3) = Howard sent off for a lunge off the ball at Shackell

speaking of which the new ones will be out soon. Duno if i will buy either straight away tbh after shelling out on beatles rock band.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566