PES v Fifa-the 2009 battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PES first impressions: big disappointment

Agreed. Had mine for a week, played it every evening for 2-3 hours, mrs wasnt impressed mind, but just got bored, not improved enough if at all. Took mine back and swapped it for FIFA which knocks PES socks off im afraid to say....

Agreed. Had mine for a week, played it every evening for 2-3 hours, mrs wasnt impressed mind, but just got bored, not improved enough if at all. Took mine back and swapped it for FIFA which knocks PES socks off im afraid to say....

mine is on hire until the weekend. I'll then get FIFA for a week and compare.

It's growing on me.

My week with PES is over. I'll review later. I'm getting FIFA09 tonight or tomorrow and will review next weekend, then compare.

The ref on FIFA is starting to piss me off a bit. I get fouled, he plays advantage, I score, then he brings the play back for a freekick!

Another time: I was playing online against someone, he takes one of my players out, ref plays advantage, a few minutes later that same player who fouled me scores a goal, then afterwards the ref sends him off!

I bought PES the other day, even though I already had fifa I wanted PES because I always get it, a loyal customer if you will.

To anybody out there who still hasn't made up their minds on which to get;
DON'T BUY PRO EVO!!! ITS AWFUL!!!!!!! The lifespan, playability and graphics on fifa are 10 times better than those of prov, fifa is far more in depth too when it comes to lower leagues and obviously the names

Last edited:
I think that buying FIFA may have been a mistake. A few things are now starting to really piss me off:

No default international cups (no doubt so that they can rob everybody blind when they release special tournament editions)
No random selection when choosing a team for a competition
The manager mode is very poor, cpu teams do not sign players, teams put random players up for sale for no reason (I signed Reina and Gerrard from Liverpool when i was Villa!), unrealistic teams buy your players.
The depth of class does not match the depth of clubs. You could play against Chelsea as Aldershot and have an even game.

Bored.

I want my Pro Evo back for:

Fast flowing football
Competitive Master League
International Cups
Random team selection
Fun!

Last edited:
Played Fifa round my mates last night.

THE WORST REFEREE EVER!!!!

Never played a game with such shockingly bad refs.

I still don't know which to get now :(

FIFA 09 is meant to be £19.99 in Gamestation at the minute (in-store), well worth it at that price. It pisses all over pro evo this year in every aspect of the game.

Played Fifa round my mates last night.

THE WORST REFEREE EVER!!!!

Never played a game with such shockingly bad refs.

I still don't know which to get now :(
Get Pro Evo, do not make the same mistake as me!
FIFA 09 is meant to be £19.99 in Gamestation at the minute (in-store), well worth it at that price. It pisses all over pro evo this year in every aspect of the game.

Wrong

Get Pro Evo, do not make the same mistake as me!

Wrong

Well I found the Fifia game play to be slow and sluggish compared to previous editions of PES that I have always owned, however I have never played the new Pes.

Whats better about it Nathan?

Well I found the Fifia game play to be slow and sluggish compared to previous editions of PES that I have always owned, however I have never played the new Pes.

Whats better about it Nathan?

Don't listen to him. :icon_wink

Whereas PES used to be bearable on the PS2, it is completely bollocks on the PS3. If you moan about the refs on FIFA, you will hate them on PES - practically every foul is a booking or a red card. The majority of PES bummers I know have switched to FIFA this year.

Whereas PES used to be bearable on the PS2, it is completely bollocks on the PS3. If you moan about the refs on FIFA, you will hate them on PES - practically every foul is a booking or a red card. The majority of PES bummers I know have switched to FIFA this year.

It's the same on the 360. I downloaded both demos through Live and every foul was at least a booking, in 10 games or so I didn't have one foul that wasn't.

In the end I didn't either because PES IMO was shit and Fifa nowhere near different enough to '08 to warrant the cash.

thats bollocks-on pes 2009 the refs are far more leniant then before !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566