PES v Fifa-the 2009 battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so you've played 6 games beights has played the demo-means nothing i've played it a heck of a lot so im in a better position to comment

so you've played 6 games beights has played the demo-means nothing i've played it a heck of a lot so im in a better position to comment

We bow down to your superior knowledge.....:icon_bigg

Went for FIFA, bad choice.

What an absolute crock of horse shit. Should have stuck with a game that is actually fun to play instead of one that's only good to look at.

christ.. you guys obviously have shit taste in football gaming. Either that or you actually just brefer Brickball - because that's exactly what PES feels like - sluggish, with crap ball and movement physics.

Ok so heres my thoughts on Fifa

Pros
Through balls-alot better then PES in my opinion, as i like the ability to control the weight of them
Placed finishes-alot better then PES too
Be A Pro-Absolutely pisses all over PES be a legend
All the licenses etc

Cons
Why on earth are the names on back of shirts a ridiculous size for lots of clubs? looks very amateur + why do most teams have no official gk kits?

Graphics are nowhere near as good as i was expecting and i dare say PES are alot better-why do so many players have evil eyes?

Long distance shooting is piss poor

Crossing and corners not as good as PES imo

Got used to FIFA a bit now, all I do is tonk the sad ****ers who only play with Man U playing with Leicester, Fryatt is deadly.

Cons
Why on earth are the names on back of shirts a ridiculous size for lots of clubs? looks very amateur + why do most teams have no official gk kits?

Graphics are nowhere near as good as i was expecting and i dare say PES are alot better-why do so many players have evil eyes?

Long distance shooting is piss poor

Crossing and corners not as good as PES imo

I agree with the graphics not being as good as expected, and I am yet to score a goal outside the area!

After getting frustrated with FIFA, i bought PES the other day. So much for choosing one and sticking to it!

Where do i start to explain? both have advantages over each other but both are massive disappointments in my opinion. They have been making these games for so many years now that they shouldn't be anything wrong with them!

MENU Layout
FIFA is all over the place in this department! how many clicks does it take to create an online game?! it took me ages to find it! Also, the buttons perform different tasks on different menus.
PES is simple and easy to navigate, albeit a bit old fashioned and a complete copy of the previous version.

CUPS
PES is the better of the two for cup competitions, you can create your own if necessary but there are ready made competions for both nations and clubs (Champs League).
FIFA is poor. They only offer domestic competitions in the 'ready made' section. you'll have to create your own international competitions. I also like to randomize which team i play as, this is not possible on FIFA.

LEAGUES
FIFA has just about every division on the planet so more or less wins this hands down. The depth of teams and players is amazing.
PES is limited in one-off leagues. Not really much more to say!

SEASONS
FIFA ("manager mode" if you're still trying to find it in the menus!) is good for starters but gets annoying. Faults include; no european competitions in season 1, opposition teams not buying players, opposition teams not changing line-up unless forced, opposition teams selling random players to you, player fitness makes it unplayable in the lower divisions. And again, the menus are fiddly and some are pointless. You cannot edit player numbers (annoying when you sign someone!).
PES (master league) is still very enjoyable even though it is old and undoubtedly needs re-working. Most of the missing features that annoy me on FIFA are present in PES.

TEAMS
FIFA has all of the licenses and all of the players at the right clubs. Brilliant.
PES is shocking. Although team and player names don't really bother me, it is a minimum requirement that the players are at the right teams. there are lots of players still at old clubs (not just the last minute transfers either)

GRAPHICS
Both are equals to be fair, i do not see the "darkness" mentioned with regards to the rain on PES. Just looks like pretty realistic rain on an HD TV.

PASSING
SHOOTING
CROSSING
SET PIECES
OTHERS

to follow......

Last edited:
Corners are alot better on FIFA if you make full use of curling the ball

i agree with your assesment there Nathan though i'd add when it comes to editing PES is far superior-i don't think you can even change squad numbers on FIFA

SEASONS
FIFA ("manager mode" if you're still trying to find it in the menus!) is good for starters but gets annoying. Faults include; no european competitions in season 1, opposition teams not buying players, opposition teams not changing line-up unless forced, opposition teams selling random players to you, player fitness makes it unplayable in the lower divisions. And again, the menus are fiddly and some are pointless. You cannot edit player numbers (annoying when you sign someone!).
PES (master league) is still very enjoyable even though it is old and undoubtedly needs re-working. Most of the missing features that annoy me on FIFA are present in PES.

Corners are alot better on FIFA if you make full use of curling the ball

i agree with your assesment there Nathan though i'd add when it comes to editing PES is far superior-i don't think you can even change squad numbers on FIFA

I like fifa, i can score from outside the area and i can score corners and crosses.
Maybe you all just no good? :p

I like fifa, i can score from outside the area and i can score corners and crosses.
Maybe you all just no good? :p
My point was more related to the fact that crossing and long distance shooting seem to be particularly slow in comparison to PES-i'd argue in general FIFA is a much slower game then PES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566