PES v Fifa-the 2009 battle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate all the promotional videos that show no in-game footage whatsoever. What's the point? I want to see what the game looks and plays like when you';re actually using it. I have no interest in some fancy scene that the computer geeks have mocked up.

There was an advert on for FIFA2009 yesterday at half time in thev Chelsea match,it went on for fecking ages

It lagged like a bitch on there today. :icon_roll

PES has lagged since it was released :mad:

I hate all the promotional videos that show no in-game footage whatsoever. What's the point? I want to see what the game looks and plays like when you';re actually using it. I have no interest in some fancy scene that the computer geeks have mocked up.

Play the demo for Fifa then :icon_eek:

There was an advert on for FIFA2009 yesterday at half time in thev Chelsea match,it went on for fecking ages

That was showing off the new club mode where 10 v 10 :icon_wink

1UP News

GC 2008: Improved 360 Controller Confirmed (But Not For You)

New controller available for a limited time outside North America.

By Kat Bailey, 08/21/2008
media
The Xbox 360 controller d-pad has long been cited as the number one reason to buy Bionic Commando: Rearmed on the PlayStation 3. Now, 360 owners are finally getting the remedy they've been waiting for. It's a bitter one though.
Eurogamer reports that a new controller that can register 32 directions of input through the d-pad made it onto the Games Convention show floor via a Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 kiosk, the game for which it is being specifically developed. Microsoft confirmed that the new controller will indeed be released on October 24, but the news gets sour for North Americans after that.
As apparent punishment for North America's general lack of interest in the beautiful game, the new controller will be a "limited edition promotional item that is only available in Europe, Asia and Latin America while supplies last." Brazilians, you may commence crowing. For the rest of us unlucky enough to be stuck in the northern portion of the New World, there's always eBay, right? But if a third-party publisher that Eurogamer spoke with is right, the new and improved controller may just turn up with the console edition of a certain Capcom fighting game.
So what will it be, 360 owners? Will you suck it up and import it now, or will you play the waiting game and see if it turns up with Street Fighter 4?
Image courtesy of Eurogamer
The Leipzig Games Convention 2008 -- the biggest game show in the world -- is happening this week! Check out GAMESCON.1UP.COM for news, previews, podcasts, videos, blogs, and more direct from Germany.

I'm a FIFA fan and have had FIFA every year on one console or another since FIFA 95 on MegaDrive 2 - however I just can't get on with the 09 demo. When I play on the beginner level I win about 7-0, yet when I play on the intermediate level its always 0-0 and I only manage 1 shot at best!

I will probably still get it though.

I was always a pro evo man until last year, was unimpressed with pro evo, it wasn't crap but just wasn't as good as fifa.

The fifa 09 demo seems awesome, hopefully PES will catch up too, i'll prob end up with both.

I was always a pro evo man until last year, was unimpressed with pro evo, it wasn't crap but just wasn't as good as fifa.

The fifa 09 demo seems awesome, hopefully PES will catch up too, i'll prob end up with both.

:018:

I pre-ordered this the other day for the 360 (fifa 09) perhaps if we have enough people on here we could set up a Talkingballs FC, what with it being 10 vs 10 online - I think that should be pretty cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669