Post Match Peterborough 1 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the game today. Regarding the Beckford incident at the end, all I saw was Beckford back on the half way line when we were getting ready to take the free kick. First impression was that he may have been been carrying an injury. To be honest, he put in a reasonable shift today (certainly better than Nugent, Wellens, Dyer, Marshall, Peltier, Konchesky, St Ledger, Morgan, Drinkwater, Schlupp) and even if he had a bit of a strop did it really matter? We weren't going to score/win the game.

NP seems to have had quite a few bust ups with players in his time - DJ, Mills, St Ledger and now Beckford - to the detriment of the team. I can't recall any Leicester Manager that seems to have had this problem as much as NP. Perhaps, this is a flaw in his management skills?

Why didn't NP bring Andy King on for the last 15-20 minutes when we needed goals?

Remember that Posh were without their best defender (Zakuani) and lost their best striker (Barnett) before half-time. They had a full back playing at centre half, and the other centre back came from Macclesfield. They looked rock solid against our meagre forward line!

A massive clearout will be required in the summer. We need horses for courses, that is players who will help us to get out of the Championship and not those who think they are Premier League stars. Peltier can't defend and Konchesky is past his best. Bamba flatters to deceive. Mills clearly won't be back. Wellens is a has been. Drinkwater and Marshall have potential, so keep them. Credit to Dyer for his effort but he's a player for a mid table Championship side. Nugent and Beckford, with the right service, will score goals at this level. Waggy and Vassell need to be shown the door.

Vassell looked brilliant before his injury.

Obviously we want our players to believe and not give up until the very end but let's face it, as fans, many of us had given up weeks/months ago, so how can we get on his back for giving up with seconds to go.

If it was as suggested on the radio commentary at the time then Beckford is a disgrace. You should always keep going until the final whistle.

If it isn't as suggested on the radio commentary at the time then I'm more than happy to listen to the explanation.

I completely agree, Matt. I've said that in the past as well and the same about changing managers.

I never said I want to see a total overhaul, in fact quite the opposite, I said I think we need one, but I was saying it out of reluctance and frustration that it has gotten to that yet again.

I just don't think this current squad will ever be promotion material. Far too many players who only seem to turn up when they feel like it and go missing far too often, too individualists who play for themselves and too many players who don't seem to want to press and close down the opposition and play for the team and ultimately these players just don't seem to work with each other, there's not enough players who seem to suit each others' games.

I think we need a right back, a different style of striker to give us a stronger option up front and a top class midfielder and we'll be there. If we could find a Hoolahan or Charlie Adam we'd be laughing.

I think we need a right back, a different style of striker to give us a stronger option up front and a top class midfielder and we'll be there. If we could find a Hoolahan or Charlie Adam we'd be laughing.

Do you think a right back will simply stop all those goals we've conceded this season?

I can't say any of our centre back pairings have convinced me this season and Koncheksy, although he throws himself in front of balls, put tackles in etc. and looks good defending, there are still genuine questions (which you yourself have brought up) over his positioning ability and we have conceded too many goals down that side this season. I'd put a question mark over every defender at the club tbh.

Last edited:
If it was as suggested on the radio commentary at the time then Beckford is a disgrace. You should always keep going until the final whistle.

If it isn't as suggested on the radio commentary at the time then I'm more than happy to listen to the explanation.

Radio commentary bollocks, beckford was knackered after tracking all the way back to defend. If NP is going to have a word about this he is a moron, I don't know of another manager who falls out with squad members like Nigel.

Radio commentary bollocks, beckford was knackered after tracking all the way back to defend. If NP is going to have a word about this he is a moron, I don't know of another manager who falls out with squad members like Nigel.

Peter Taylor couldn't handle 'big' players either and look what happened with him.

(Er, top of the Prem but it went wrong soon after!)

Radio commentary bollocks, beckford was knackered after tracking all the way back to defend. If NP is going to have a word about this he is a moron,

I wasn't there and only had the opinions of Stringer and Young. Your comment backs up what many who went are saying on FaceBook too though........

Obviously we want our players to believe and not give up until the very end but let's face it, as fans, many of us had given up weeks/months ago, so how can we get on his back for giving up with seconds to go.

We're not being paid thousands of pounds a week.

Whilst I'm not advocating another spin of the managerial merry go round, I really don't think Pearson wiill take us up. I don't believe that his man management skills can deal with players going into one, except by falling out with them and in the unlikely event that he proves me wrong, I don't think he is a Premier League manager capable of keeping us up.

For whatever reason, it's just not happening.

I would not want another change, but one hopes both Pearson and Shakey are planning a right royal summer sort out.

Poor all season, frankly i don't really care at this stage. Games come and go. Players are already on holiday relaxing.

Alan Young's comments on Beckford were devastating. Not being at the match I do not know whether they were justified. There was also the accusation that he had missed a chance because he was afraid of being hurt.There may be some explanation. If so Beckford needs to speak publicly to defuse the situation. Otherwise there is the possibility of some Leicester fans booing a Leicester player.

I have always been a believer in giving a manager a fair chance but I would be interested in knowing how many of those currently suggesting that Nigel Pearson should be given extra time were amongst those who called for Ian Holloway's head; and why that situation was different......

I wasn't one of those calling for Holloway's head but surely the reason for this situation being different is blindingly obvious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669