Peterborough 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need a reality check this was our 4th league defeat of the season, only the second on a Saturday and it's the end of March for gods sake. We are 4 points clear with 6 games to play, had we been offered this postion before a ball was kicked this season, most would have taken it.

now people are starting to panic, take a look at the table would you swap places with any of the other teams?

Agreed. Problem is the 'panic' might get reflected in the stadium next saturday if we don't score early or, heaven forbid, we go a goal down.....

I don't get that because currently from 40 games we have 82 pts, they have 78 pts from 40 games.

I thought it was a really poor performance. The players didn't look up for it and did have the bollocks to dig in. Without Howard, there's no-one who stands up for themselves and wants to be counted.

Very gutted yesterday - it's brown pants time now. Citeh why can't we just win the next four and be done with it?
My point was that we have scappred past sides to claim three points A LOT this season, where Peterborough haven't (feel free to look at the stats). You can count on one hand how many excellent wins we've had this season, and that isn't too promising for next season is it? And two of those were against Cheltenham!! We may not win this league, that's the reality now. And that's a shambles considering we had a 12 point lead at one stage. I hope we do pick up though. Want nothing more!!

And the '4 League Defeats' mean nothing if you draw against poor sides. Three wins/Three Defeats get you more points than six draws you know, which is no league defeats!!

Our GD is so much better than Peterborough - that we suggest that we won easier than they did.

For me by far the best team (on the day) won. Mackail-Smith was inspirational and really we offered sweet FA until 2-0 down. Mattock had a shocker, and for me Kisnorbo was a poor selection, he looked way away from full match fitness, I would have played Brown or Morrison.
We were out-passed and out thought by a team as good as I have seen in this league. I hope they get promotion with us.
On the point of whether we go up as champions or not, I could not give a toss. Just let's get the feck out of this hell hole of a division and move onwards and upwards.

I care. And a lot of others care that we win this league considering the 12 point gap. To not win it would sour a decent season

I care. And a lot of others care that we win this league considering the 12 point gap. To not win it would sour a decent season

The 12 point gap was achieved when we had played more games than the pack behind us......:icon_roll

I'm annoyed Morrison was dropped YET AGAIN. the lad must wonder what he does wrong each week to be shoved out the way.

Saying that though, and i'm sure some will laugh, but yesterday I was hoping Pearson would've taken note of the fact that the last game we kept playing like we had a target man up front to win headers when we didn't, so it might've been a bit more beneficial to stick say Kisnorbo up front. Yes I know his passing is a bit crap, but he CAN win headers, and tbh that's all he wouldn't needed to do yesterday, we were crying out for anyone who could do that upfront. And then Morrison wouldn't have needed to be dropped.

As for the game, I think it was better than last week. First half I thought was pretty even and I thought we were unlucky to go in at halftime 1 down. Second half we huffed and puffed but didn't really create much in the final third. We weren't however helped by a referee who mollycoddled the Peterborough lot, a lino our end who couldn't spot a clear backpass, a clear foul and then refused to give a corner kick, only for the ref to give it and several handball decisions which even some Boro friends could see.

But both goals were down to poor defending. Berner shold've really done summat about the lad just outside the area for the first, but being on a yellow card I can see why he was wary about putting a tackle in, and Hobbs positioning for the second was pants, especially as the ball came down the side, why do player back off all the time? ffs surely you might as well put the tackle in and risk a free kick than letting a player waltz by you into the area?

I'm disappointed we haven't seemed to be able to get into the 'groove' we were in before Walsall(well when we were 4-0 up at Walsall tbh) and it's more annoying than worrying that these professionals seem to want to crawl over the finish line instead of getting there as quickly as possible. IMO this season should've been done and dusted this weekend(well that's what I was thinking after Walsall anyhoo) and I'm narked we've still got at the least a couple of weeks still before it is.

As for the whole organisational skills of the police etc at the ground? utter shite!

Why oh why were the police determined to keep all the coaches at the relevant services til 11am, and then slowly crawled us into Peterborough getting us to the gorund and then preceded to park up the coaches and letting each one empty one at time, and then whilst we were queuing up to go in, you could see the cooppers marching another load down from the station, it was pisspoor to be honest to still have it jampacked outside the turnstiles 5 mins before kickoff.

I never thought I'd be glad to see Howard back(after last season) but we have certainly missed his aerial threat and the two weeks off will no doubt have recharged his batteries and fingers crossed it means he'll be doing more than most to get us over that finish line.

The 12 point gap was achieved when we had played more games than the pack behind us......:icon_roll

The gap was bigger on Peterborough, 16 from memory, so the games in hand they had and the gap evens itself up, roughly.

My point was that we have scappred past sides to claim three points A LOT this season, where Peterborough haven't (feel free to look at the stats). You can count on one hand how many excellent wins we've had this season, and that isn't too promising for next season is it? And two of those were against Cheltenham!! We may not win this league, that's the reality now. And that's a shambles considering we had a 12 point lead at one stage. I hope we do pick up though. Want nothing more!!

I really don't care whether we win this league or not - having the third division championship on our c.v. won't do us too many favours. Promotion is the only thing that matters. Job done then.

I see the narrowing of the lead as a potentially useful reality check. Useful in the sense that we don't want to think that this squad is good enough to prosper at a higher level. It would be a mistake to take the line that they all deserve the chance to prove they are good enough next season. We need to keep the momentum going and that means shaking things up a bit at the end of the season.

I really don't care whether we win this league or not - having the third division championship on our c.v. won't do us too many favours. Promotion is the only thing that matters. Job done then.

Correct.

How poor was Fryatt yesterday by the way?

Anyone else a bit worried that we will **** this up? Next game a must win to settle some nerves surely...?

My point was that we have scappred past sides to claim three points A LOT this season, where Peterborough haven't (feel free to look at the stats).
Leicester City
Games won by 1 goal: 12
Games won by 2 goals: 5
Games won by 3 goals: 3
Games won by 4 goals: 3

Peterborough
Games won by 1 goal: 14
Games won by 3 goals: 2
Games won by 4 goals: 1

This fact check was brought to you by Foxblogger.

I thought Kisnorbo played alrite yesterday, and i didn't think Gradel did too bad either. Oakley had nothing on half the time hence why he was a bit dissapointing. Dyer, Fryatt, Dickov, Berner, Gilbert and Mattock were all crap.

Leicester City
Games won by 1 goal: 12
Games won by 3 goals: 3
Games won by 4 goals: 3

Peterborough
Games won by 1 goal: 14
Games won by 3 goals: 2
Games won by 4 goals: 1

This fact check was brought to you by Foxblogger.

Marky then told me it was irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670