Peterborough away kick off time changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
my one and only trip to peterbrough away was the single most scary game i have ever been to.

Cant remember what year it was, but i was only small, im sure someone on here will know, some city fans started a big bonfire on the terraces, and at the end of the game everyone was getting crushed against the metal fence in front of the stand which got opened, the police were lined infront of the goal and a snarling police dog had a firm grip of my arm. i cried all the way home :icon_lol:

my one and only trip to peterbrough away was the single most scary game i have ever been to.

Cant remember what year it was, but i was only small, im sure someone on here will know, some city fans started a big bonfire on the terraces, and at the end of the game everyone was getting crushed against the metal fence in front of the stand which got opened, the police were lined infront of the goal and a snarling police dog had a firm grip of my arm. i cried all the way home :icon_lol:

I think this was 1993 - the second time we played there that season, having already played a two-leg league cup-tie against them. The problems that year ensured a massive police presence the following season and is undoubtedly the reason for the Cambridgeshire police taking their present attitude towards this season's game.

Bugger! I was looking forward to this as Posh is a nice little city.
Now it's going to be a rush.
And some people will just guzzle fizzy crap out of tins, whilst I can't go for a few civil pints.
Thanks.

I think this was 1993 - the second time we played there that season, having already played a two-leg league cup-tie against them. The problems that year ensured a massive police presence the following season and is undoubtedly the reason for the Cambridgeshire police taking their present attitude towards this season's game.

I was there in 1993 for the awful 3-0 league defeat and streakers holding up play.Can't remember any trouble though.

What f*cking bullshit. I seriously resent being lumped with Leeds and Millwall; they are true scum. We're no where near as bad as them thugs. I'm gonna kick off big time when I head to London Road now. ;)
I'm sort of guessing that the Cambridgeshire Police Force have more intelligence on Leicester fans, than Leicester fans have intelligence.

I'm also guessing they didn't just pluck this fixture out of fesh air.

What a bunch of puffs seriously comparing us to millwall and leeds ( well we probably are just as bad) but how scared are they changing the kick off time already pathetic

I'm sort of guessing that the Cambridgeshire Police Force have more intelligence on Leicester fans, than Leicester fans have intelligence.

I'm also guessing they didn't just pluck this fixture out of fesh air.

Sort of thing they would say for the Press. :icon_roll

I'm also guessing they didn't just pluck this fixture out of fresh air.

Indeed. Some of the responses on this thread have really surprised me.

The BS are a very well known firm, the fact that most City fans are well behaved is completely irrelevant. I can't understand why anybody is surprised with this decision or that we're lumped in with Leeds & Millwall.

Sort of thing they would say for the Press. :icon_roll
You took it out of context, it takes on a new meaning if you let the sentance continue until the full stop.

What a bunch of puffs seriously comparing us to millwall and leeds ( well we probably are just as bad) but how scared are they changing the kick off time already pathetic

It's a good job you're young, else I might not have been able to let that comment pass without ridicule

Anyone remember the police "intelligence" used at Watford away when we pressing for promotion some years ago? 5,000 City fans, and they closed all the pubs near the ground.
One could then witness scenes of large groups of people in supermarket car parks guzzling lager from cans.
Ho-hum.

the one good thing is that is has been changed now and not a week or so before the game when peole would have already made their travel arrangements

Last edited:
Anyone remember the police "intelligence" used at Watford away when we pressing for promotion some years ago?
Ho-hum.

Them was the days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673