Petrescu....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petrescu said:
Touchy. I know we have no money. But it doesnt mean whenever a player over the age of 30 becomes available we have to get straight in there, its what we are doing, and i dont like it.
How much did Liam Lawrence cost?

and what division did he play in?????? Just cus he is young and free dont mean he is good!!

Dublin premier
Tiatto Premier
Wilcox (if we get him) premier
Williams Div 1
Mcateer Div 1

Why risk an unknown player just because he is young? I know who i'd rather have in the squad to try and get us promoted.

We will already have first 5 team members under 23, plus anoter 3 in the squad from the reserves/youth.

What do you all want a team full of 19 year olds like derby for fcuks sake, look what happened to them!!!!!

STOP THE YOUTH INFATUATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steven said:
Surely the biggest risk is not being in the top flight (PL). All the time we spend out of the PL puts us at risk and we have to wiegh the balance of where the risk lies.

It could be that by acquiring these unwanted players the chances of getting back in the PL is smaller and so the risk is greater. This is what I feel.

so you think buying Liam Lawrence etc would get us up??

Redditch Fox said:
the club's management should be seeking to bring in some unearthed talent from here or overseas

and thats so easy to do isn't it!!!! FFS :roll:

This argument will run and run and run,best just wait and see what happens.I'll be happy to be proved wrong,we've all got our opinions be boring if we all agreed but Wilcox.......please No,if 33 year olds it must be then there's better ones going than Wilcox.

Babylon said:
Steven said:
Surely the biggest risk is not being in the top flight (PL). All the time we spend out of the PL puts us at risk and we have to wiegh the balance of where the risk lies.

It could be that by acquiring these unwanted players the chances of getting back in the PL is smaller and so the risk is greater. This is what I feel.

so you think buying clapped out players like Dublin, Tiatto, Wilcox, McAteer etc would get us up :?: :shock: MON gave us a blueprint and now everybody, you included, seems to have thrown that out of the window.

Even if we did get up, we then are in the same position we were last season. That is what you are advocating. You are planning for us to be in Div 1 season after next! :roll:

Even a blind person can see that we need a way to break that cycle. MON did it by signing good young players from the reserves and unfashionable clubs. What is so wrong with that.

Until someone can tell me why buying clapped out old players will succeed where it did not last year, then the buying clapped out old players brigade have nothing to offer. :wink:

Steven said:
Babylon said:
Steven said:

so you think buying clapped out players like Dublin, Tiatto, Wilcox, McAteer etc would get us up :?: :shock: MON gave us a blueprint and now everybody, you included, seems to have thrown that out of the window.

Even if we did get up, we then are in the same position we were last season. That is what you are advocating. You are planning for us to be in Div 1 season after next! :roll:

Even a blind person can see that we need a way to break that cycle. MON did it by signing good young players from the reserves and unfashionable clubs. What is so wrong with that.

Until someone can tell me why buying clapped out old players will succeed where it did not last year, then the buying clapped out old players brigade have nothing to offer. :wink:

What the ****!!! this is doing my head in........WE HAVE NO MONEY!!! ONEIL SPENT £450,000, £750,000 AND £650,000 ON LENNON , SAVAGE AND IZZET PLUS OTHER ADD ONS.

We can afford to buy one player (maybe 2) at the most for around £400,000 each and one of them is williams.

If a player has shown enough promise and quality they will cost money which we certainly don't have. So what you are saying is go out and buy a player who has shown no quality on the hope he comes good. But thats ok cus he is young!!

I agree with every signing we have made so far, if we got wilicox it would be the first i was pissed off about. Buying players who have proven themselves in the highest division certainly gives you a better chance than 3rd division unproven 24 year olds. If you think different you are f'ing stupid.

Even if we did get promoted with a load of old players at least we take another huge step to paying off debt and to being able to spend money on promising youngsters, which we just can't do at the minute on any decent scale.

The squad will include williams, canero, heath, stewart, wright along with porter, petrescu, and maybe another two. Aren't you satisfied having that many???!!!!

Steven said:
Even a blind person can see that we need a way to break that cycle. MON did it by signing good young players from the reserves and unfashionable clubs.

Good young players cost money. Even a blind person can see that.

Micky has signed a few younger players, but they've all cost a transfer fee. But you have to get the balance right, and we can't go round spending money we don't have.

We're still paying for the extravagances of the Taylor era. In the next year I reckon we'll pay around £5 million on wages for players still on Taylor contracts. That's around half the playing budget for the season on a handful of players.

All those expensive contracts expire next summer, so we'll be in a much better financial position.

But until that happens we're not going to be able to spend much on transfer fees. So if we're going to gamble on unproven young players, we'd be better off doing it with players from our own academy, rather than spend money on the next Damien Delaney or Kevin Ellison.

webmaster said:
Steven said:
Even a blind person can see that we need a way to break that cycle. MON did it by signing good young players from the reserves and unfashionable clubs.

Micky has signed a few younger players, but they've all cost a transfer fee. But you have to get the balance right, and we can't go round spending money we don't have.

We're still paying for the extravagances of the Taylor era. In the next year I reckon we'll pay around £5 million on wages for players still on Taylor contracts. That's around half the playing budget for the season on a handful of players.

All those expensive contracts expire next summer, so we'll be in a much better financial position.

But until that happens we're not going to be able to spend much on transfer fees. So if we're going to gamble on unproven young players, we'd be better off doing it with players from our own academy, rather than spend money on the next Damien Delaney or Kevin Ellison.

A fcuking men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats fair enough but Why get rid of Freund,McKinley,Davidson etc etc to replace like for like.Would we not have been better keeping hold of them,supposing they wanted to stay.

highland fox said:
Thats fair enough but Why get rid of Freund,McKinley,Davidson etc etc to replace like for like.Would we not have been better keeping hold of them,supposing they wanted to stay.

a) davidson wanted to go and would not have stayed if he was offered a contract.

b) Mckinley and Freund are nearly 35. Tiatto is 31, Williams is 23 and macater is 33. They have been replaced with younger players!!! Isn't this what you say you want???????

OK..OK you are right ,can we please talk about something else.How about dropping the post horn gallop in favour of the theme tune to Dads Army? :wink:

highland fox said:
OK..OK you are right ,can we please talk about something else.How about dropping the post horn gallop in favour of the theme tune to Dads Army? :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

webmaster said:
Steven said:

OK - lets see what we think on 1 November.

highland fox said:

Or if we get your way maybe we could have the grange hill theme tune. :roll:

It's difficult to talk about something else when others simply cannot see your point of view! Of course we want a team full of exciting young talent and not over 32's, but some people just don't realise that they cost money except for a few free transfers from the 3rd division who quite honestly wouldn't cut the mustard!!

i have said dis like a million times but i will do so again.

in this division it is best to do what micky did last year, signed expereinced premier players, but this does not work in the premer league, just first division. this year he has only signed 2 first division players, mcater will be only a bit-prt player I.M.O, and willaims has premier potentional. we also need to give youth a chance beacuse they can make the odd mistake and will not be punished, like u would in the premeir league.

when we go up we can afford to buy these hughly ated 2/3 division plyers, perhaps a couple evry year 4 1.5 million all together, if these come of like muzzy etc we will be laughing.

so trust micky, if it dont work then question him.

bt PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

DONT SIGN WILCOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gagandeep said:
I fink petrecu is a good memeber of the board he makes a lot off good points.

Petrescue the legend!

gagandeep said:

in this division it is best to do what micky did last year, signed expereinced premier players, but this does not work in the premer league, just first division. this year he has only signed 2 first division players, mcater will be only a bit-prt player I.M.O, and willaims has premier potentional. we also need to give youth a chance beacuse they can make the odd mistake and will not be punished, like u would in the premeir league.

when we go up we can afford to buy these hughly ated 2/3 division plyers, perhaps a couple evry year 4 1.5 million all together, if these come of like muzzy etc we will be laughing.

Exactly sense at last... this is our only real option. spot on gaga

I do see your point of view Babylon honestly and you may well be proved right,the signing of McAteer just really pisses me off but I'll get over it.I've no problem with Tiatto,it really isn't an age thing just an ability thing,something that IMO McAteer lacks.

Babylon said:
gagandeep said:

Exactly sense at last... this is our only real option. spot on gaga

Agreed.

Why do you think McAteer will be a bit part player? I doubt he would have come to play the odd Division 1 game with us. He's a ball winner, and can also use the ball well - Something we don't have in the squad apart from him....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263