Petrescu....

Status
Not open for further replies.
McAteer will start every game that he's fit enough for. Did someone actually say he'll be a bit part player? You think someone like McAteer would come to a club like leicester to be a bit part player? :roll:

Tom W said:
McAteer will start every game that he's fit enough for. Did someone actually say he'll be a bit part player? You think someone like McAteer would come to a club like leicester to be a bit part player? :roll:

Exactly my point. It was gagandeep who said that.

highland fox said:
Thats fair enough but Why get rid of Freund,McKinley,Davidson etc etc to replace like for like.Would we not have been better keeping hold of them,supposing they wanted to stay.

What if anything has happened to Davidson, Freund, McKinley, Sinclair -have any of them found other clubs?

Redditch Fox said:
highland fox said:
Thats fair enough but Why get rid of Freund,McKinley,Davidson etc etc to replace like for like.Would we not have been better keeping hold of them,supposing they wanted to stay.

What if anything has happened to Davidson, Freund, McKinley, Sinclair -have any of them found other clubs?

Wait till July 1st! :wink:

Gagandeep i take issue with your point:
this does not work in the premer league, just first division

a)if u think back, it isnt as if we completely failed; we relegated ourselves and that formula could have worked

linked to this:

b)there is no set formula for a team to do well - 'just first division?' any teams progress and success is dependent on a number of factors, not on just some kind of formula which is signing old players for free. Things like team spirit, management, luck, supporters, opposition. The first division will not be as easy as u make out to be thinking. I'm not saying that we will struggle, im just saying wait and see what happens next year and don't make presumptions based solely on a method of signing older players.

Ps - Petrescu is a good man leave off him.

pipes said:
make presumptions based solely on a method of signing older players.

Well some people pressume that if you sign a youngster on a free they will sudenly turn into world beaters and get us promoted.

I think he probably meant you have a far greater chance of promotion signing quality experience than some kid from the 3rd division on a free. I'm sure he knows nothing is guaranteed no matter who you sign.

pipes said:
Gagandeep i take issue with your point:
this does not work in the premer league, just first division

a)if u think back, it isnt as if we completely failed; we relegated ourselves and that formula could have worked

linked to this:

b)there is no set formula for a team to do well - 'just first division?' any teams progress and success is dependent on a number of factors, not on just some kind of formula which is signing old players for free. Things like team spirit, management, luck, supporters, opposition. The first division will not be as easy as u make out to be thinking. I'm not saying that we will struggle, im just saying wait and see what happens next year and don't make presumptions based solely on a method of signing older players.

Ps - Petrescu is a good man leave off him.

suppose you have a point, but i was just saying that it is better to sign proven experienced premier players in this division, then frre young players from the lower leagues. this is because if these young players are free then the likely hood is that they wont be much good, or they would have signed for a premier league club, or wouldnt be available on a free transfer

Scowcroft said:
Tom W said:

Exactly my point. It was gagandeep who said that.

i said he will be a bit-part player because he will get quite a lot of suspensions, and there is a lot of competition in our midfield at the moment. he would be a first name on the team sheet player. maybe thats why he didnt agree terms. micky only saw him as a bit-part player, not first choice for every game.

it is a possibility you know, mcateer didnt sign cos he wasnt assured first team football every week.

webmaster said:
Steven said:
Even a blind person can see that we need a way to break that cycle. MON did it by signing good young players from the reserves and unfashionable clubs.

Good young players cost money. Even a blind person can see that.

Micky has signed a few younger players, but they've all cost a transfer fee. But you have to get the balance right, and we can't go round spending money we don't have.

We're still paying for the extravagances of the Taylor era. In the next year I reckon we'll pay around £5 million on wages for players still on Taylor contracts. That's around half the playing budget for the season on a handful of players.

All those expensive contracts expire next summer, so we'll be in a much better financial position.

But until that happens we're not going to be able to spend much on transfer fees. So if we're going to gamble on unproven young players, we'd be better off doing it with players from our own academy, rather than spend money on the next Damien Delaney or Kevin Ellison.

Two things - 1) I love Peter Taylor, so advanced as a coach and 2) Super, super Kev, super, super, Kev, Super super Kev, super Kevin Ellison.....

alex said:
webmaster said:
Steven said:
Even a blind person can see that we need a way to break that cycle. MON did it by signing good young players from the reserves and unfashionable clubs.

Good young players cost money. Even a blind person can see that.

Micky has signed a few younger players, but they've all cost a transfer fee. But you have to get the balance right, and we can't go round spending money we don't have.

We're still paying for the extravagances of the Taylor era. In the next year I reckon we'll pay around £5 million on wages for players still on Taylor contracts. That's around half the playing budget for the season on a handful of players.

All those expensive contracts expire next summer, so we'll be in a much better financial position.

But until that happens we're not going to be able to spend much on transfer fees. So if we're going to gamble on unproven young players, we'd be better off doing it with players from our own academy, rather than spend money on the next Damien Delaney or Kevin Ellison.

Two things - 1) I love Peter Taylor, so advanced as a coach and 2) Super, super Kev, super, super, Kev, Super super Kev, super Kevin Ellison.....

ur not being sarcastic r u :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758