Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my cats went missing for hours last night, hadn't got a clue where the fecker was.

Woke up this morning and decided to open my window to get some air and there he was curled up asleep on our extension roof which is a least 15ft from the ground with no access to get on there. There were no windows open either for him to get on there.
I had to get a step ladder out to get him down.

One of my cats went missing for hours last night, hadn't got a clue where the fecker was.

Did you send out a search party? :icon_lol:

I mighn't see my cat for days on end, never mind for a couple of hours.

Did you send out a search party? :icon_lol:

I mighn't see my cat for days on end, never mind for a couple of hours.

:icon_lol:

That's how are old cats were, but these barely ever wander out of the back garden.

thats over £250 a year. How many ****ing cats can you buy with that? They give them away at the RSPCA for a small donation.
My advise when they are ill, chuck it away and buy a new one.

Tell me about it. We got two Westies from a rescue centre last Nov. One has an allergy which means she will be on steroids for the rest of her life and has already cost us around £300 in vets fees. I keep saying to the Mrs that it would have been cheaper (almost) to have got a new one!

Cat is back to not eating again... only ate something briefly yesterday morning

Last edited:
I have insurance to but never made a claim. I think that you have to pay it up front then send the receipts with a claim from to claim it back but I may be wrong. Not very helpful sorry.

Whats the problem with your cat?

Feck me have I found out about this now.

Cat got ran over last week and smashed her pelvis into several tiny fragments. So glad we were insured, the bill currently stands at around 3k!

Feck me have I found out about this now.

Cat got ran over last week and smashed her pelvis into several tiny fragments. So glad we were insured, the bill currently stands at around 3k!

You're fecking lucky she's still alive, good news but not often it happens. Hope she's OK. I used to have no attachment to pets but since we've had our cat and parrot Iwould be devastated if anything happened to them.

You're fecking lucky she's still alive, good news but not often it happens. Hope she's OK. I used to have no attachment to pets but since we've had our cat and parrot Iwould be devastated if anything happened to them.

They must provide hours of endless joy.......

rmc_cat_eating_parrot.jpg

They must provide hours of endless joy.......

rmc_cat_eating_parrot.jpg

They do, the cat still hasn't learnt and keeps going up to the parrot cage to investigate when the parrot turns it's back. As soon as the cat get's near to the cage the parrot turns and nips the cat on the nose (not hard enough to draw blood) so the cat runs away, only to go back 10 minutes later.

Also, although the parrot hasn't learnt to talk yet it does a perfect meow and confuses guests. The cat on the other hand whines and sounds like she's speaking chinese.

Edit: Just noticed that looks like a Sengal Parrot which is what we have. Cats a different colour though.

Last edited:

Yeh she was very lucky and is back up and walking almost on 3 legs. May have to lose the 4th leg though if the nerve doesn’t start working again.

Yeh she was very lucky and is back up and walking almost on 3 legs. May have to lose the 4th leg though if the nerve doesn’t start working again.

Is she a young'un? We are very lucky in that our cat is a wimp and very rarely goes beyond two feet of the door, and we live in a quiet cul-de-sac. We did think she had broken her leg though the other day, came home and she was whining and her back leg was 3 times its normal size near her ankle, rushed her to the vet only to find it was an infected bite (there was still a bit of tooth in it!), so just gave her some antibiotics. I keep shouting at the missus to get insurance as I honestly believe it's irresponsible not to.

Is she a young'un? We are very lucky in that our cat is a wimp and very rarely goes beyond two feet of the door, and we live in a quiet cul-de-sac. We did think she had broken her leg though the other day, came home and she was whining and her back leg was 3 times its normal size near her ankle, rushed her to the vet only to find it was an infected bite (there was still a bit of tooth in it!), so just gave her some antibiotics. I keep shouting at the missus to get insurance as I honestly believe it's irresponsible not to.

She is only 3 and a very adventurous cat. She goes out over night and is a big hunter for such a small cat. The main concern from the start has been her resultant quality of life but apparently cats can function pretty normally with only 3 legs as long as it is a back leg they lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669