Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had been together all their lives and when she had gone the Vet had warned us that he might go downhill quick.Not easy making the decision to end his life and actually going into the Vets room with him knowing that I wouldn't be coming out with him was a choker a real tough one:102:
i remember my dad telling me how he felt guilty when he took his old dog to vets when he was younger knowing he was going to be put down-felt like he had betrayed him!

Gave all ours to the Scottish RSPCA..I do a lot of work for Charity,don't like to talk about it:icon_wink

My dog drowned in our pond my jewish neighbour said "quickly go and fetch Mr Brown at no2 "
"Is he a vet?" I asked
"VET? VET? he is absolutely soaked through":102::icon_lol:

Update on SWWG's cat, She has a temperature, and the vet gave her two injections.. we took her home and as soon as she got home she ate something and spoke to me, which she hadnt done for a good few days. Cost me £38.. I am at work now.

did the cat say "wanker"

Last edited:
We paid up front, printed a claim form off insurance company website and gave this to vet to fill in before sending it off with the vet's receipt.

TBH, I wouldn't bother with the insurance thing again. We pay about £21 a month for two cats and there are so many exclusions based on age, type of illness etc. We started insurance when cats were young and premium much cheaper (10 years ago) and have made one claim - even then, they would only pay 2/3 of the bill.

thats over £250 a year. How many ****ing cats can you buy with that? They give them away at the RSPCA for a small donation.
My advise when they are ill, chuck it away and buy a new one.

They had been together all their lives and when she had gone the Vet had warned us that he might go downhill quick.Not easy making the decision to end his life and actually going into the Vets room with him knowing that I wouldn't be coming out with him was a choker a real tough one:102:

So was the dog actually sick?

thats over £250 a year. How many ****ing cats can you buy with that? They give them away at the RSPCA for a small donation.
My advise when they are ill, chuck it away and buy a new one.

Straight from the Mandovic Guide to Successful Pet Ownership

So was the dog actually sick?

He was 17,losing the use of his back legs,wouldn't eat anymore and was barely drinking.Sounds cliched but you can't be selfish and have to consider the dog's quality of life and realise that you are keeping it alive for your benefit

He was 17,losing the use of his back legs,wouldn't eat anymore and was barely drinking.Sounds cliched but you can't be selfish and have to consider the dog's quality of life and realise that you are keeping it alive for your benefit

A tough decision, not sure I could have made it.
You must be gutted.

A tough decision, not sure I could have made it.
You must be gutted.

Was at the time and it still gets to me occasionally but you have to get things in perspective and has upsetting as it was it is a dog/dogs:102:

Glad your cats feeling better.

I'm still feeling terrible after my cat Sooty was run over and killed on Saturday.

Glad your cats feeling better.

I'm still feeling terrible after my cat Sooty was run over and killed on Saturday.

Poor old Sooty :icon_cry: :icon_sad: :056:

My dog drowned in our pond my jewish neighbour said "quickly go and fetch Mr Brown at no2 "
"Is he a vet?" I asked
"VET? VET? he is absolutely soaked through"

Boo!
duck.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00