Pets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both my cats have been ill for the past 3 weeks, apparently there is a virus in the air at the moment. They've barely been able to walk but are now on the mend. They reckon they're has been an unusually high amount of cases this year so possibly it could be that. Good luck anyway.
And too al those who hate cats :098:

Pussys rule.
cheers mate, shes going in the morning

How old is she?

My cats both caught this virus within a week and a half of each other.
Basically it consisted of a temperature (of 105 degrees) and joint problems which made them barely want to move.Or able to move.
Apparently the joint problems are not always part of it, just a certain strain.

Last edited:
Can you send your infected cats to my house, it might slow down the 4 feckers that are frequently shitting in my garden:icon_evil

Last edited:
Can you send your infected cats to my house, it might slow down the 4 feckers that are frequently shitting in my garden:icon_evil

You could sort that problem yourself BB ... here's the solution ....

My cat is not very well, taking her to the vets, does anyone have any experience with pet insurance, I am covered, b ut not sure how it works. Any help would be appreciated.

We paid up front, printed a claim form off insurance company website and gave this to vet to fill in before sending it off with the vet's receipt.

TBH, I wouldn't bother with the insurance thing again. We pay about £21 a month for two cats and there are so many exclusions based on age, type of illness etc. We started insurance when cats were young and premium much cheaper (10 years ago) and have made one claim - even then, they would only pay 2/3 of the bill.

Update on SWWG's cat, She has a temperature, and the vet gave her two injections.. we took her home and as soon as she got home she ate something and spoke to me, which she hadnt done for a good few days. Cost me £38.. I am at work now.

Update on SWWG's cat, She has a temperature, and the vet gave her two injections.. we took her home and as soon as she got home she ate something and spoke to me, which she hadnt done for a good few days. Cost me £38.. I am at work now.

I think you may be losing it swwg.

We paid up front, printed a claim form off insurance company website and gave this to vet to fill in before sending it off with the vet's receipt.

TBH, I wouldn't bother with the insurance thing again. We pay about £21 a month for two cats and there are so many exclusions based on age, type of illness etc. We started insurance when cats were young and premium much cheaper (10 years ago) and have made one claim - even then, they would only pay 2/3 of the bill.

I used to think like that before one of my dogs became affected by Cushings Syndrome. The diagnosis was an expensive one and then the treatment cost about £1.50 per day for the rest of her life. I would seriously consider insurance in the future. And don't forget that veterinary services are far cheaper in the Westen Isles than they are on the mainland, especially in south-east England.

If it's any consolation (to your pocket and those who doubt your sanity), when we were at the vet's last, we overheard someone paying out over £300 - for a hamster!! To be fair, we didn't see the beast in question...it may have been a very big, pedigree, Grand National type of hamster with a glittering career on the stage in front of it...goodness knows how much cosmetic surgery costs these days...

Glad your cat's feeling better though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670