Player Contracts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see Bruce, Vaughan, Solano, Waghorn, Spearing here next year. Think there's no chance of that happening with Waghorn. Bruce or Spearing I'm doubtful we'd be able to, but if we could we should. Vaughan and Solano need one year deals. Word is on Merseyside Moyes has tired with Vaughan's injury proneness and is looking to let him go. They rate him highly up there, when fit.

...Word is on Merseyside Moyes has tired with Vaughan's injury proneness and is looking to let him go. They rate him highly up there, when fit.

I've heard that Everton think his attitude to training/conditioning makes the problem much worse, and are at their wit's end with him.

... more than a touch of the Collymores about him, good and not so good, if true. :icon_evil

Why couldn't we sign Bruce if we wanted to?

I've heard that it was quite a surprise around those quarters that they let him go on loan in the first place, I'm just being a pessimist and assuming that Keane wouldn't let us and that Bruce isn't out of his first team plans for next season yet. Could be wrong, it's only an assumption based on rumour I'm afraid.

I've heard that Everton think his attitude to training/conditioning makes the problem much worse, and are at their wit's end with him.

... more than a touch of the Collymores about him, good and not so good, if true. :icon_evil

Could be the case. I've not heard anything like that, but I thought at times (Peterborough away) he's looked like he didn't quite fancy it. Maybe that was just a fitness issue. Either way, I think he looks to have a bit of talent and we should have a closer look at him.

Why is everyone so convinced Hobbs will go? As far as I am aware there have been no rumours in the press, and whilst he has looked good for us this season he has only had one season at Championship level and still looks a bit raw sometimes.

I think the fact he struggled a bit against bothroyd proves he is still far from the finished article and IMO it would be a big risk for a prem team to take a chance on him. As good as he is he is still very young and players like drogba and torres would crucify him.

I'm not picking on you in particular, but I love the idea of us all bumming Hobbs all season as he's clearly been our best player, and now that we're worried that he's going people are saying he's looking raw. He's only young and I believe would flourish at a mid-Prem side.

Shit...do scouts read these forums?! If so, then I must agree - he's looked distinctly mediocre for the last few games and would get torn apart playing for anyone other than LCFC.

:icon_wink

Wouldn't sign Bruce or Vaughan.
I'd push the boat out a bit for Spearing. 750,000 maybe.
I'd then go for Ricky Lambert to replace Howard like for like but with more presence and ability.
Promote from the succesful youth team into the senior squad and hope tunchev gets fit.
That would lead us needing a couple of full backs to be competitive as hell again next year with a young side and a good sized squad.;

Brown, Oakley, Howard, Solano, McGivern, Logan, Kermorgant and Adams will proabably go or be marginal figures next year...

I'm not picking on you in particular, but I love the idea of us all bumming Hobbs all season as he's clearly been our best player, and now that we're worried that he's going people are saying he's looking raw. He's only young and I believe would flourish at a mid-Prem side.

Shit...do scouts read these forums?! If so, then I must agree - he's looked distinctly mediocre for the last few games and would get torn apart playing for anyone other than LCFC.

:icon_wink

He has been excellent for us and probably one of the best defenders in the championship last season.But I do think he is too young to step up to the prem and I have done for some time.Some of the top strikers in the prem would rip him to bits as they would most championship defenders.

I only list Brown, Adams, Howard, Oakley etc as i feel that the squad will need a bit more focus next year - and having the players who will be less integral to the side off the wage bill will help with the circa £6m per year deficit we are incurring.

Weale, Morrisson, Hobbs, King, Fryatt and Tunchev ( if fit) are the players that the side and squad should be built around. They are in it for the next 5 to 10 years if we play our cards right and we should buy and include players who compliment them and their strengths.

I'm most worried about losing Andy King, Fryatt's injury has hopefully kept him off a few people's radars and Hobbs didn't even make the division's selct XI - he'll get to the premiership but not just yet.

I would think a squad consisting of:
Weale, Logan
Berner, Morrison, Tunchev, Hobbs
Dyer, Wellens, King, Oakley
Fryatt, Gallagher

Is only a right-back, a forward and suitable backup away from a push for automatic promotion. Just look at the sides coming down and the fact that whoever doesn't go up of Blackpool and Cardiff will have to sell to feel very hopeful. It should speak volumes that the sides we should most fear next season are Dirty Leeds and Norwich!

I'm most worried about losing Andy King, Fryatt's injury has hopefully kept him off a few people's radars and Hobbs didn't even make the division's selct XI - he'll get to the premiership but not just yet.

I would think a squad consisting of:
Weale, Logan
Berner, Morrison, Tunchev, Hobbs
Dyer, Wellens, King, Oakley
Fryatt, Gallagher

Is only a right-back, a forward and suitable backup away from a push for automatic promotion. Just look at the sides coming down and the fact that whoever doesn't go up of Blackpool and Cardiff will have to sell to feel very hopeful. It should speak volumes that the sides we should most fear next season are Dirty Leeds and Norwich!

I think we will keep King. He keeps falling under the radar with the press and i have yet to here any clubs that want him. He is however touted to start against Croatia on the 23rd
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/league_of_wales/8678876.stm

so following on from today with loan players gone as well

Unknown Contract Length:
Parkes, Chamberlain, Verma

Out Of Contract in summer 2010:
Powell (still a player or just a coach?)

Out Of Contract in Winter 2010:
Solano

Out Of Contract in summer 2011:
Wesolowski, Campbell, Howard, Oakley, Worley, Dyer, Adams, Tunchev, A. King, O'Neill, Berner, Chambers, C. King, Brown

Out Of Contract in summer 2012:
Fryatt, Neilson, N'Guessan, Wellens, Morrison, Kermogant, Gallagher, Weale, Logan

Out Of Contract in summer 2013:
Hobbs

Last edited:
Maybe we should try and renegotiate the likes of King and Dyer now before they are available on a free next year?

Unknown Contract Length:

Solano

Wesolowski, Campbell, Howard, Oakley, Worley, Dyer, Adams, Tunchev, A. King, O'Neill, Berner, Chambers, C. King, Brown

Fryatt, Neilson, N'Guessan, Wellens, Morrison, Kermorgant, Gallagher, Weale, Logan

Hobbs

Corrected the spelling! I can't believe the pedants that trawl this thread hadn't picked it up. I went back to see which muppet copied and pasted it from the old thread, and... :icon_redf

Maybe we should try and renegotiate the likes of King and Dyer now before they are available on a free next year?
Unless the place is being run by clowns, which it doesn't look like, they presumably have contract plans one way or the other for every player in the squad.

King signed up until 2014 :038:

Unknown Contract Length:

Solano

Wesolowski, Campbell, Howard, Oakley, Worley, Dyer, Adams, Tunchev, O'Neill, Berner, Chambers, C. King, Brown

Fryatt, Neilson, N'Guessan, Wellens, Morrison, Kermorgant, Gallagher, Weale, Logan

Hobbs

Out Of Contract in summer 2014:
A. King

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690