Player of the Year - Can we all vote for Elvis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vote is in. :icon_wink

I vote for Elvis Hammond.

He has probably caused the least damage to our pathetic season and frankly I'm suprised you had the nerve to hold this competition.

Be interesting to see who they actually give the award to.

I'm speechless, I really am. At least twenty years ago he'd have been stopped by the police every time he went out in it.

Elvis's career details on Wikipedia have now been updated in the last paragraph.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Hammond

hope you like the changes....

Just in case it disappears again:

In April 2008 and despite being out of the side all season with an ankle injury Elvis received an unprecedented number of votes for Leicester City's Player of the Season award. A multitude of fans voted for Hammond on the basic premise that his non-appearance in a Leicester shirt was by default a more positive contribution to the club's dismal season club than any of his fellow team mates efforts on the field of play.

Haha, fantastic! I really hope Elvis wins

You won't have a bad word said about the manager, who has contributed greatly to our mess, but you'll victimise a player who is innocent in our downfall.

Pathetic, the lot of you. I'd like to see what Mark Bright makes of it all. The fact that you can select, victimise and humiliate one solitary player, is quite frankly gut wrenching.

Don't spout any bollocks about it being innocent, and he deserves the award because he hasn't played bla bla. Nor any bollocks about him being a "hanger on", it's sad, it's pathetic, and in my opinion, it's very, very wrong.

Idiots.

You won't have a bad word said about the manager, who has contributed greatly to our mess, but you'll victimise a player who is innocent in our downfall.

Pathetic, the lot of you. I'd like to see what Mark Bright makes of it all. The fact that you can select, victimise and humiliate one solitary player, is quite frankly gut wrenching.

Don't spout any bollocks about it being innocent, and he deserves the award because he hasn't played bla bla. Nor any bollocks about him being a "hanger on", it's sad, it's pathetic, and in my opinion, it's very, very wrong.

Idiots.

You might be missing the point on this one Melts. :102:

You might be missing the point on this one Melts. :102:
I know the supposed "point", but I doubt Elvis will see it like that. I doubt this will help his confidence or his desire to progress in our football team.

The supposed "point" is that none of the players deserve it because they have only contributed negatively, whereas Elvis hasn't contributed negatively.

I don't see it like that, I just see it as another excuse to victimise a player.

I know the supposed "point", but I doubt Elvis will see it like that. I doubt this will help his confidence or his desire to progress in our football team.

The supposed "point" is that none of the players deserve it because they have only contributed negatively, whereas Elvis hasn't contributed negatively.

I don't see it like that, I just see it as another excuse to victimise a player.

The whole Club is a victim though, a victim of the inability to adjust to life after MON, a victim of the excesses of the MON era and a victim of a lack of ambition since. :icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669