Player ratings V Charlton Pathetic

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex

As I reside in London, I thought I'd kick this one off, first home and all that...

Walker 7 - Not at fault for the goal, looked solid and pulled off a great save from Hughes...
Maybury 7 - Let Konchesky skin up too easily for their equaliser, but on the whole excellent
Stewart 7 - Did ok, much better than against Crewe, still not anything like the player I think he could be
Dabizas 8 - Did very well today, almost scored two too!
Dublin 8 - I've given him high marks mainly for the winner, I personally don't think he was amazing today, his passing was poor
Gillespie 7 - Looked good again for me
Hughes 7 - Looks a steal, solid, skillfull, good vison, will be a fantastic player for the club IMO
Gudjohnsson 9 - MOTM for me, tirelessly worked, broke up Charlton play, passed well, looked really good
Tiatto 7 - Captain Fantstic!
Williams 7 - I liked him today, I'm excited about his link up play with Hughes in the future, we seem to have a midfield again!
De Vries 7 - Held up the ball well, always a problem for the defence...

Subs
Nalis 6 - Not sure he has a future, I still love him for THAT goal against Leeds mind..
Connolly 6 - Looked fecked off to be honest, tried hard when he came on though!

BLUE ARMY...WELL DONE BOYS, WELL FECKING DONE.

Walker 8 - Came off his line and an excelent save
Maybury 8 - Solid in defence and uses the wing well
Stewart 8 - Some fancy skills paid of today
Dabizas 7 - 2 points for the goal, 5 for the rest
Dublin 5 - 2 points for the goal, 3 for being shite
Gillespie 8 - Sound, please take the ball into the corners, before crossing
Hughes 8 - A bargain buy, Great playmaker.
Gudjohnson 9 - I was not a fan, until today, brilliant performance. MOTM
Tiatto 8 - Works his nuts off, A savage (In both senses) with skill and vision
Williams 7 - Works hard, but aint seen anything that wows me. Yet
De Vries 8 - Good performance, but did not use his strength enough. played for the fouls rather than the ball.

Subs
Nalis 6 - 1 for winning the free kick that led to the goal. Gone of the boil
Connolly 5 - Did not have time to settle in, I doubt we will see a lot of him.

Fans: Effing brilliant, the noise was deafening. We need 30,000 like that at home

I sat next to Scarborough Fox, he was great fun!!! I'm really glad it was him that brought my spare ticket.

Walker 9 Amazing saves, probably the best display I've ever seen of him.

Maybury 7 Quite solid at the back
Stewart 7
Dabizas 7
Dublin 7

Gillespie 7
Hughes 8
Guddjohnssen 9 very very good, I almost wrote him off before but now i realise what he can do
Williams 8
Tiatto 10 If you think abot it, it's almost impossible for him to have played any better, therefore i've given him full marks

De Vries 7 Turns well, big and strong and effective, possibly could have done a bit better on positioning when a cross is being made but I think if he has a decent partner up front then the goals will come.

Subs
Nalis 6 Although that's a lower rating than most i woldn't say he was bad, it's just that the rest were superb.
Connolly 5 didn't have a lot of time but probably would not have scored even if he had ben given 90 minutes.

Walker-8
Maybury-7
Dabizas-7
Dublin-8
Stewart-8
Gillespie-8
GudJohnnson-8
Williams-8
Hughes-8
Tiatto-8
De Vries-8

Nalis-5
Connolly-6

Walker 8 - solid and dependable

Maybury 6 - Got skinned too many times by Thomas 2nd half and for the goal but tenacious and occasionally got forward well
Dabizas 7 - 1 point for the goal, otherwise a decent display with occasional hairy moments
Dublin 8 - Generally solid and of course popped up with the winner
Stewart 6 - Solid defensively but lacked confidence in forward areas

Gillespie 7 - First half anonymous, 2nd half much better, tried to beat his man and won some dangerous set piece situations
Gudjonsson 9 - Brilliant performance. Covered every blade of grass, was tenacious and distribution was excellent
Hughes 7 - Flitted in and out of the game but looks the part on the ball and kept it ticking over
Williams 7 - Worked hard and like Hughes distributed intelligently
Tiatto 9 - Inspirational 2nd half performance, often finding himself in central positions driving forward setting up attacks. 1st to every ball that needed to be won

De Vries 9 MOTM - The big man was sensational, Fortune and El Karkouri couldn't handle him. Worked so hard, kept the ball superbly under pressure, and provided a superb outlet. A deserved standing ovation when subbed.

Walker - 8 - Had a fairly quiet afternoon, made a great save from Hughes in the first half. Solid performance.
Maybury - 7 - Almost scored early on, looks quick but at fault for their goal. Should have made a tackle. Otherwise a good performance.
Dabizas - 8 - Scored a rare goal, good solid performance, didn't put a foot wrong all game.
Dublin - 8 - A very good performance today. Solid as a rock, scored the winner !!!
Stewart - 7 - Nothing special, but for once I had no complaints. Everything he did was done well.
Gillespie - 7 - Again nothing special, but did his job on the right well.
GudJohnnson - 9 - This guy does not stop running. He must have covered every blade of grass yesterday. Best game of the season, and he loves Leicester !
Williams - 8 - So casual but solid, held the ball well, his passing is perfect, finally he's coming good. And he hates Forest.
Hughes - 7 - A good game, it's obvious he needs more games, but didn't do anything wrong. One for the future.
Tiatto - 10 MOTM - Ran his bollocks off. His determination to win was unreal, exceptional performance.
De Vries - 7 - Played on his own all game (well until he came off) held the ball very well. Went down a little to easy at times, but his height and presence are a threat. Good game.

Nalis - 5 - Didn't really have a great deal to do.
Connolly - 5 - Again, came on with about 5 mins to go, wasn't given an opportunity to do anything, was dissapointed he went straight down the tunnel.

Craig Levein - 10 - Got his tactics spot on. He's obviously seen these a few times since we were paired together, and picked out their weak areas. Well done Craig.

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041

Walker 8
Maybury 6.5
Dabizas 8.5
Dublin 9
Stewart 8
Gillespie 8
Williams 8
Gudjonsson 8.5
Hughes 7
Tiatto 9.5
De Vries 8

Connolly 6
Nalis 6

Walker - 8
Maybury - 7
Stewart - 7
Dabizas - 7
Dublin - 9
Gillespie - 7
Williams - 8
Hughes - 7
Gudjonsson - 9
Tiatto - 9
De Vries - 9

Nalis - 6
Connolly - 6

9/10 for everyone! I cannot remember the last time I saw Leicester City play so well competely as a team - all passing on the floor - into spaces. Only two or three passes went astray. If they could play like that every week, no-one in this league would ever beat us!
10/10 for Craig Levein for inspired 4-5-1 tactics!
I would not have said this two months ago, but I believe Dublin could still do a good job for us next season. He is our next Elliot/Walsh!

Walker 8
Maybury 7
Dabizas 9
Dublin 9
Stewart 7
Gillespie 7
Williams 8
Gudjonsson 8
Hughes 7
Tiatto 9
De Vries 8

Connolly 6
Nalis 6

Saw a quote in todays paper from Curbushley saying that we won every battle and were first to every ball and that we reminded him of his Charlton team 6 or 7 years ago. Strange that, Leicester City yesterday reminded me of Leicetsre City 6 or 7 years ago. The best performance for quite some time, long may it continue.

Where are Chandler and the Micky lovers now I wonder?

Walker 7

Stewart 7
Dabizas 8
Dublin 7
Maybury 7

Tiatto 9
Williams 7
Gudjonson 8.5
Hughes 8.5
Gillespie 7

De Vries 8

Nalis 6
Connolly 6

Walker 8
Maybury 7.5
Dabizas 8
Dublin 8.5
Stewart 7.5
Gillepsie 7.5
Williams 8
Hughes 7.5
Gudjonsen 7.5
Tiatto 7.5
De vries 8

Subs
Nalis 7
Connolly 7

What an awesome performance. Who was the premiership team? Such slick high tempo passing at times had us fans purring. Nobody had a bad game. Wait till they start gelling!! Wait till Sparky and MDV are fully match fit. :smt004

Walker - 8 - Some good saves, finally looks like he is getting to his best!
Maybury - 8 - Looks good coming forward..i can see him becoming a problem
Dabizas - 8 - Like all the team solid
Dublin - 8 - Looked good. Strong defensly and coming forward..deserved the goal
Stewart - 7 - Same old Jordan..if only he can learn not to do that finally step over
Gillespie - 8 - The nameless winger well couldnt have done it without him
GudJohnnson - 8 - Fantastic what a guy helps out at the back and front....same he is only pulling himself together now
Williams - 8 - Another Izzet
Hughes - 9 - MOTM - Another Izzet..the link up between him and williams is on to look out for.
Tiatto -8 - Covered Jordan well, and got some good balls in the mixer. As well as helping out MDV
De Vries - 7 - Didnt think playing him alone would help the cause put i was wrong..he held the ball up well and got one or two chances. He has got to score soon.

Nalis - 4 - Didnt do anyhing in the time he was one the pitch
Connolly - 4 -Same as Nalis

Chandler reported in the 'Real LCFC Forum' that Craig Levein is still shit.

Walker - 8. Fantastic save to stop them taking the lead in the first half.
Stewart - 7. Nice bit of showboating on the touchline.
Dabizas - 8. Nice to see him score a goal at the correct end.
Dublin - 8 simply because he scored the winner.
Maybury - 7. Not one of his best displays but good nonetheless
Tiatto - 8. Didn't do much wrong. Ran the team as a captain should.
Gudjonsson - 9. My MOTM. Why can't he play that well every week!
Williams - 8. Good all round performance.
Hughes - 8. Good to see some creativity again in the midfield.
Gillespie - 8. Troubled them at times on the wing.
De Vries - 8. Charlton got away with so many fouls on the big man. He gave his all.

Subs
Nalis - 6 Didn't have a marked contribution on the game apart from the foul on him
Connolly - 6 Wasn't on for long enough to make an impression

I have to say that I was suprised that in the last 5 mins we didn't go all out for the win with more than just a lone striker. What do I know anyway? Levein's system worked! Fantastic result.

Walker - 10
Maybury - 10
Stewart - 10
Dabizas - 10
Tiatto - 10
Williams - 10
Dublin - 10
Gillespie - 10
Hughes - 10
Gudjohnsson - 10
De Vries - 10

Subs
Nalis - 10
Connolly - 10

Chandler is an arse :-D

An unforgettable day! I just hope we win in the quarters because I wanna have a day out in Cardiff (the semis in Cardiff this year). I just knew we were gonna do it. Splendid performance!

Walker 8- Looked comfortable and loved his smile when we chanted England's no.1.

Maybury 6- My only complaint, I think he was at fault for their goal and he let Thomas get past him too easy.
Stewart 8- Good balls, scaried Rommedahl off the pitch.
Dublin 7- I thought he was too casual but he redeemed himself.
Dabizas 8- I wrote him off but he was brill.

Gillespie 7- Looked dangerous and was unlucky with the head.
Tiatto 8- Everywhere
Gudjonsson- 10 MOTM - Best he has ever played in a city shirt.
Williams 8- Superb
Hughes 8- He has something about him. Loved his piece of skill in the first half.

De Vries 9- Charlton defenders couldnt handle him. I liked when he told the fans to be loud.

Subs-
Nalis 7- He got the free kick and he didnt do anything wrong.
Connolly 6- Not long enough.

Levein 10- Tactical spot-on and showed some passion to the fans. The team are fitter, stronger, more tactical acute and more together.

The Fans 10- Need I say anymore? Probelm is the part-timers start coming out the woodwork for the Quarters.

Walker 7

Maybury 7 Apart from their goal looked solid
Dabizas 8 One of his better games
Dublin 8 Hero !!
Stewart 7

Tiatto 8 Brilliant, a Captain's performance
Hughes 7 Looked promising
Williams 8
Gillespie 7 Put some good crosses in
Gudjohnnson 8 Was everywhere when we needed him

De Vries 7 Needs a partner

Nalis 6