Keown 5 quiet game

Dublin 6 set up the goal, played well in defence

Stewart 3 Abserlute garbage

Makin 4 nothing to say

Tiatto 6 played wellish

Gudjonsson 4 non existant

Nalis 4 lost out on 50/50 balls passing not the best

Gillespie 6 some good runs, good crosses, unlucky not to score early on

Scowcroft 2 total toss, my wife could have scored that header!

Connelly 3 seriously lacking confidence, could have scored a hatrick by halftime glad he scored in the end, hopefully this will kick start his season

Taylor 5 - Looked comfortable
Makin 6 - Looked like his best game in a City shirt so far
Keown 7 - Solid game and commanded well
Dublin 8 - Fantastic. Absolutely superb, didn't put a foot wrong
Stewart 3 - What was this plonker doing on the pitch...hurry back Wilcox!
Tiatto 6 - Did well but didn't look 100%
Gudjonsson 5 - Looked quiet but had a decent game
Nalis 6 - Was quiet as well but ran the midfield well
Gillespie 6 - Had a decent game but made some sloppy mistakes
Scowcroft 4 - Had a poor game for his standards...give Big Trev a go!
Connolly 5 - Didn't do too bad but the miss in the first min was shocking!

Morris 5 - Didn't see much of him
Williams 5 - Didn't let the stick bother him...good lad :lol:
Blake 5 - Looked sharp and livened up the side when he came on :eek:

highland fox said:
Connolly 3.. :?

yes... bwcause he's paid to score goals not miss sitters. Anybody could run around for 90 minutes and give 100%.

Taylor 6 - Solid on crosses, kicking is atrocious
Makin 6 - didnt do anything wrong, reasonably solid
Dublin 8 - cool and composed at the back after an early mistake, great header to set up the equaliser
Keown 6 - a few clearances went vertical but generally solid
Stewart 2 - garbage, f*ck off please. Gives away stupid fouls in good areas and toss on the ball. One moment epitomised him the best, when in a good position contrived to lose it, be given it baclk only to give it away again setting up a forest attack.
Gillespie - 7 - pretty good from keith, looked a lot sharper than i've seen, beat players. Delivery was variable
Nalis - 5 - a tad ponderous, wasn't really involved
Gudjohnsson - 7 - best i've seen him play, linked the midfield well with intelligent distribution.
Tiatto - 6 - solid but unspectacular, feel sorry for him having to play the left flank with stewart
Scowcroft - 4 - listen i think scowcroft is a classy player in div1 (intelligent distribution and good brain usually) but looked lightweight and off the pace tonight.
Connolly - 6 - yes he missed some glorious chances, but he worked hard and kept getting himself into scoring positions.

subs
Morris - 4
Williams - 4
Blake -4

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Stewart 3 - What was this plonker doing on the pitch...hurry back Wilcox!

bet you never thought you'd hear yourself say that...

Scowcroft - 4 - listen i think scowcroft is a classy player in div1 (intelligent distribution and good brain usually) but looked lightweight and off the pace tonight.

yes but he doesn't score enough goals...

highland fox said:

yeah sorry.....ok he scored the goal, but apart from that he looked like a striker badly out of form....you've got to be scoring the chances he had and he's been doing it all season....he was running around and creating chances, but he's a striker and he's paid to score goals....surely he owes us now!

Martyn said:
Dublin 8 - cool and composed at the back after an early mistake, great header to set up the equaliser
8!!
he laid the ball back because he couldn't hit the target. no extra points.
5 for doing his job, and not that well as we let one in. :roll:

Taylor 7-Ok not really that much to do
Makin 5-Average..very average
Keown 7-Didn't do a lot wrong
Dublin 7-Same as Keown,scares the shit out of me though when he dribbles the ball in his own penalty area
Stewart 3-Doesn't seem to have any idea of what he's supposed to be doing,clueless
Gillespie 7-At least he try to make some thing happen,how he missed in the first minute I will never know.
Gudjohnsson 6-Didn't really notice him do anything wrong but neither did he do anything great.
Nalis 4-Poor,never got involved in the game.seems very inconsistent
Tiatto 6-Didn't have one of his better games and was starting to give away fouls before being subbed,still all in all our best player at the club IMO
Scowcroft 2-Useless,pushed off the ball all the time,didn't hold it up,lead the line.Should be dropped.
Connolly 6-Awful miss,lacks confidence but never stopped running and trying to create.At least he's got some skill and needs some one decent alongside him but who?

None of the subs were on long enough

MKFox said:
Martyn said:
8!!
he laid the ball back because he couldn't hit the target. no extra points.
5 for doing his job, and not that well as we let one in. :roll:

Yes that's right 8 (eight). He laid the ball back because Connolly was in a better position - SETTING UP THE GOAL. He won everything in the air all night and was generally solid, hope that helps, although i can't believe you are being serious to be honest.

And being a centre half myself, it defies logic when specifically defenders get blamed for goals from set-pieces - It's the job of the whole team to defend those ffs.

The whole team were to blame for the goal.Although it was Handball by the Fatboy they should play to the whistle instead of standing there with their hands in the air.

londonfox said:
highland fox said:

yes... bwcause he's paid to score goals not miss sitters. Anybody could run around for 90 minutes and give 100%.

Anyone could...but they don't generally in our team you dumb yank :wink:

muzzy magic said:
highland fox said:

yeah sorry.....ok he scored the goal, but apart from that he looked like a striker badly out of form....you've got to be scoring the chances he had and he's been doing it all season....he was running around and creating chances, but he's a striker and he's paid to score goals....surely he owes us now!

So the goal he actually DID score doesn't mean much to you then. I also think he did the right thing with his first attempt, he should have taken it first time but when he didn't he had no choise but to change direction to avoid the defender charging at him...gillespie was a tad unlucky.

How GUTTED must Forest feel, they were shit and got skanked :lol: :D We should have won though!

Taylor 6 not much to do, a few nerve wrecking punches and kicks
Makin 5 starting to go forward a bit more but not got the legs
Keown 6 commanded the back line, generally clearing up danger
Dublin 8 never thought i would say this, but he played great, yes great!
Stewart 4 revolution over, had a few semi decent games and back to rubbish
Gillespie 8 can't fault him for effort, had some decent runs to match it too, looked as though he was genuinely interested in doing well for the team
Gudjonson 6 not much wrong, not much great, steady game
Nalis 6 Lil has been giving the ball away quite alot in recent weeks... :?
Tiatto 6 tried hard as he usually does, a few decent deliveries
Scowcroft 6 generally got his head onto most high balls, a few decent link ups with midfield
Connolly 6+1(for goal) Maybe he's been told to, as he ALWAYS seems to drift to the flanks when he really should be in the box, but for once he was there at the right time

Subs
Morris 4 didnt have much to show, need a run in the side to sharpen up i think
Blake 5 would have been more but too little time, looked strong and could hold off oppositions
Williams 5 like blake didnt have much time, but didnt let the crowd get to him, and nice to see him going crazy when we scored.

Taylor 6
Makin 4
Stewart 5
Keown 5
Dublin 6
Gillespie 6
Tiatto 6
Nalis 5
Gudjonsson 4
Connolly 4
Scowcroft 6

Subs-
Morris 3
Blake 4
Williams 5

One thing I would like to ask CL is why not put Williams on earlier. There he was being taunted all game. He was bound to be hungry.

Big Kev had got in before him,only a packet of Salt n Vinegar survived.

Taylor 6
Makin 4
Stewart 2
Keown 6
Dublin 7
Gillespie 8
Tiatto 6
Nalis 4
Gudjonsson 3
Connolly 6
Scowcroft 5

Subs-