Players leaving

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City can confirm that three senior professionals will leave the Football Club upon the expiration of their respective contracts this June.

Among those departing is Club legend Marc Albrighton, whose remarkable time in a Leicester City shirt spanned 313 games in all competitions and saw him lift the Premier League, Emirates FA Cup, FA Community Shield and Sky Bet Championship.

The winger, who also scored City’s first-ever UEFA Champions League goal against Club Brugge in September 2016, will leave behind a legacy as one of the most-successful and popular players ever to play for the Football Club.

Marc’s talent, hard work and commitment during the decade since arriving at King Power Stadium on a free transfer won him the adoration of the Blue Army, and he will be remembered as having played a key role throughout the Club’s greatest-ever era.

Also leaving Filbert Way is Kelechi Iheanacho, bringing to an end his seven-year stint in the East Midlands. Signing from Manchester City in August 2017, the popular forward has scored 61 goals in Leicester colours, including the winner against his former club in the FA Community Shield final at Wembley in August 2021.

Belgian midfielder Dennis Praet also departs this summer, having moved to King Power Stadium from Sampdoria in August 2019 and made 107 appearances in total, scoring on five occasions.

The Club remains in discussions with midfielder Wilfred Ndidi regarding his future beyond the expiration of his current contracts this month.

The Club extends its thanks to all three departing players for their contributions during their time with Leicester City and wishes them every success in the next stages of their respective careers.

What an absolute legend. Involved in so many great moments/achievements for Leicester City. You will be remembered fondly by every City fan.

Best of luck with your future plans.... Dennis Praet

Another £50 odd million of transfer fees leaving on a free, to add to last summers shit show.

Yet Rudkin is still here somehow

Marc Albrighton - what an absolute ****ing legend. Have always enjoyed watching him play and so glad he has so many good memories from his time with us. Good luck son, you will always be welcomed back any time.

Sad to see Albrighton go, but no way he could handle a premier league season

Other two going releases a massive amount of cash off the wage bill, currently being spaffed away on a steaming pile of shit

Sadly we’ve just spunked a big load of it on JV ( and no, not the good one)

I’m not convinced how this works, but here goes, we were discussing players contracts and how as a club, we appear to let them run down rather than cash in when a player reaches his final year. One of the group claimed, if for example we pay £20M for a player on a 5 year contract. That’s £4M a year deficit added to the accounts, for the length of the contract. However, If that player is sold for say 10M that becomes a 10M loss for that years accounts. Argument is that because the player is shown on the accounts as a £20M asset, selling him for £10M would result in a straight loss on that years accounts.

As I said I’m not convinced by this argument, I would have thought the £20M would be a depreciating asset over the length of the contract. Maybe someone on here can shed some light on the matter?

I’m not convinced how this works, but here goes, we were discussing players contracts and how as a club, we appear to let them run down rather than cash in when a player reaches his final year. One of the group claimed, if for example we pay £20M for a player on a 5 year contract. That’s £4M a year deficit added to the accounts, for the length of the contract. However, If that player is sold for say 10M that becomes a 10M loss for that years accounts. Argument is that because the player is shown on the accounts as a £20M asset, selling him for £10M would result in a straight loss on that years accounts.

As I said I’m not convinced by this argument, I would have thought the £20M would be a depreciating asset over the length of the contract. Maybe someone on here can shed some light on the matter?
Well I think the simple maths of it are that (cost of player £20 million @ £100k PW).

£20 million spread over 5 years so £4 million Py plus wages of £4.8 million.

Therefore player fully depreciated (N’didi) so wages decrease the FFP figure as signing on figure does not exist. ?

You’re making the assumption anyone wanted to buy the players we’ve just let go?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00