Players that have done your head in.

I don’t remember ever actually seeing Matt Piper play for us, was he any good? Obviously Sunderland paid good money for him but was it ever like ‘this kid could be as good as Heskey’?

I don’t remember ever actually seeing Matt Piper play for us, was he any good? Obviously Sunderland paid good money for him but was it ever like ‘this kid could be as good as Heskey’?
I remember him scoring the winner against Spurs in our last match at Filbo. We were a shambles that season, so even though Piper looked exciting, it was against a backdrop of general shitness.

He wasn't the same as Heskey, as Piper played on the wing. One of my brothers used to play against Heskey as a kid and another brother used to play against Piper, so I'd seen them both play a lot from when they were young. Heskey used to play at the back a lot when he was younger, but still scored loads of goals. Piper and my brother played in loads of rep teams together, as well as at Leicester (when Rudkin was an academy coach).

Piper was a talented player, without doubt. Injuries wrecked his career.

I’m not sure he was on Heskey’s level but he was a good player.
Just reached for Heskey as a comparison because he’s another local lad who had come through not long before.

I like Matty Piper from what I hear on RL and I know he’s had a pretty shit time in his personal life, just curious whether he could have been destined for a long PL career and England caps etc.

Just reached for Heskey as a comparison because he’s another local lad who had come through not long before.

I like Matty Piper from what I hear on RL and I know he’s had a pretty shit time in his personal life, just curious whether he could have been destined for a long PL career and England caps etc.
I played in the same team as him for a bit. His dad was a ****ing mental case.

I played in the same team as him for a bit. His dad was a ****ing mental case.
I thought his dad was ok, but I'm aware Piper has said some things in the past. He used to ref locally a fair bit and I always thought he was a good ref.

I know they were total shite so maybe they don't apply but an honourable mention for Sean st. Leger and Robbie Neilson. Think i've watched them both pass it off the pitch with the closest opposition player about 20 yards away... Neilson's was during a disaster-class at Stamford bridge where he shanked it into touch for a throw... hilarious stuff.

I thought his dad was ok, but I'm aware Piper has said some things in the past. He used to ref locally a fair bit and I always thought he was a good ref.
Seemed like a proper dick when we were playing. Used to shout things like 'You duck out of one more tackle and I'll have you' at him. Seemed like a grade A bellend.

We would be a much better team if we had peak Piper on our right wing now,

Well worth listening to his appearance on the Undr The Cosh podcast if you haven't seen/listened to it yet:

Seemed like a proper dick when we were playing. Used to shout things like 'You duck out of one more tackle and I'll have you' at him. Seemed like a grade A bellend.
Ah I guess I didn’t used to see him in that light. He didn’t used to shout like that at the games I was at but I guess he probably didn’t because of the setting.

Adrien Silva. Just sat there and did nothing for three months.

absolute joke of a player when he did eventually play. Only moved sideways like a crab and the furthest he kicked the ball in any direction was 2 yards.

absolute joke of a player when he did eventually play. Only moved sideways like a crab and the furthest he kicked the ball in any direction was 2 yards.
But he looked like Jamie Lannister and my mate reckons he saw him with his missus in Highcross and she was ****ing stunning.

So swings and roundabouts.

But he looked like Jamie Lannister and my mate reckons he saw him with his missus in Highcross and she was ****ing stunning.

So swings and roundabouts.

Odd thing....i opted to google who Jamie Lannister was before googling Silva's wife. I had Philip Glenister in my head and the reference threw me off. Off to google Silva's wife now......see you all in league one or someshit.

Odd thing....i opted to google who Jamie Lannister was before googling Silva's wife. I had Philip Glenister in my head and the reference threw me off. Off to google Silva's wife now......see you all in league one or someshit.
Funny that because I meant to say Roger Bannister.

He was a bit of a Perez type player. Great feet but absolutely zero end product and always seemed to be miles away from the action.

Oh yeah, good comparison. I remember when he signed thinking, Wait, we've got Darius Vassell in the Championship? He'll destroy this league! But it just didn't turn out like that.

Oh yeah, good comparison. I remember when he signed thinking, Wait, we've got Darius Vassell in the Championship? He'll destroy this league! But it just didn't turn out like that.
Same here, I think he was to Sven what Junior Lewis was to Peter Taylor.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463