Plymouth Argyle

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeeCovFox

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/7648/38/

It's a shame it's come to this. I've always had a soft spot for Plymouth for no particular reason. We may have got a bit of stick from their fans when Holloway came here, but that doesn't really matter in a situation like this. I wouldn't wish this on any club. Even the deal being mooted to save them seems dodgy. I hope they survive. But even if they do if their start to the season is anything to go by it could well be in non-league football.

Crewe, their opponents tomorrow, don't look in too good a position either. Just goes to show how quickly things can change in football. These clubs were holding their own in the second tier not so long ago.

Good riddance, **** them. 1 down, 90 to go and then we're champions. I ****ing love our Thai boys and their AmEx Centurion.

£20 says they won't go under.

Last edited:
Probably not. Reports pointing to Portsmouth having gone were floating about not long after they put six past us last season. Still wouldn't fancy us being in that position though. It wasn't very nice last time.

I think the league needs a club to go under tbh, might send a message to teams and the FA/FL to sort out some of the financial mess teams get themselves into.

Well it has been said for years now that it will happen eventually and I tend to agree. I'm not sure a Plymouth Argyle will really get the message across though. Portsmouth may well have done the job, given their relatively recent successful period. It definitely has to be a club present in the public consciousness in a way that a fourth tier club won't be.

Last edited:
I think the league needs a club to go under tbh, might send a message to teams and the FA/FL to sort out some of the financial mess teams get themselves into.

No one will give a flying **** unless its a big Prem League team unfortunately.

Green Amy had Risdale telling them tonight he's got a note from the consortium's milkman promising to pay money and sell him the club and a loaf for a quid.

The Green Amy are confused whether to try to **** Risdale or his loaf before he ****s them.

Whichever way it pans out, for Risdale to be associated with any club makes those at the FL look an utter bunch of ****s.

Or Newcastle.

Nothing changed when Leeds very nearly went pop. I really don't think anything less than one of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man C, Man U or Spurs going under would count for anything. Even then, I'd have my doubts.

Hopefully they will survive if a condition of the sale is that Risdale has his bollocks nail-gunned to the M5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566