Plymouth Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when have the commentators known anything about anything. I swear these guys read from a script and change names to suit.

Quite suprised to see the Leicester mockery tonight. They seemed to be sharpening the sword rather than doing the usual.

Team I think he will pick :

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy
Johansson
Maybury

Smith
Kisnorbo
Gudjonsson
Hamill

MDV
Fryatt

Brauny Blue said:
Quite suprised to see the Leicester mockery tonight. They seemed to be sharpening the sword rather than doing the usual.

your right there mate not liike them is it .........buty then again at the sat the whole crowd chant sort it out !!!!!

by the way im in the paper ,page 7 of the sports pull out :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

im the one with the lil boy trying to pull him self up me looks like ive got shades on in a lcfc coat just to the right of fryatt 2nd row :redface: :redface: :redface:

Last edited:
Here's a line up that would, IMO, have the best chance of winning tonight:

----------------Rab---Henderson--------------------
-----Paddy--------Dublin----------Nils------Maybury-------
Elvis---Gudjonnson-----Wesolowski---Smithy
--------------Hughes----Williams------------------
---------------Hume----Fryatt---De Vries---------------

(I know it's cheating)

I think CL will pick a team designed not to lose, may be a lone wolf up front. I think he will try and stop the rot of losing rather than go sheet or bust.

Can't go, on duty till late - safe journey to all who do go, hope you get some reward for your commitment.

:icon_conf Let's just hope there is no water logging today.

The one I'd go for.....

Dougie

Stearman
Paddy
Paddy
Maybury

Hammond
Hughes
Wesopants
Smith

MDV
Fryatt

alex said:
The one I'd go for.....

Dougie

Stearman
Paddy
Paddy
Maybury

Hammond
Hughes
Wesopants
Smith

MDV
Fryatt

Joey is bound to play, too soon for Weso IMHO.

Naughty Fox said:
Joey is bound to play, too soon for Weso IMHO.

Looks like Weso may be starting the game. I hope so anyway. I think he will work well with Joey, Hughes and Smith. He will allow Joey to get forward more.

This is what CL said on the OS:

Boss Previews Plymouth Clash
Craig Levein says that James Wesolowski could be handed a shock start when the Foxes take on Plymouth on Tuesday evening (7:45pm).

Wesolowski's emergence from the Academy was put on hold when the 18-year-old broke his leg during the pre-season friendly against Celtic last July.

But the Australian midfielder made his first senior appearances as a second half substitute in Leicester's 2-1 defeat at the hands of Cardiff City on Saturday, and now he could be in line for place in the starting line up when City take on the Pilgrims at Home Park.

Levein said: "James came on for the last 15 minutes against Cardiff on Saturday and he has shown no reaction to that this morning (Monday). There could, therefore, be an opportunity for him to start the game against Plymouth. It's good to see him back."

webmaster said:
I'll be wearing my lucky purple shirt at the match.
This one???

DP-Sweat.jpg

I think we've only picked up 7 points on our travels this season :018:

17 games left, 24 points needed for 50.

I'd take a draw to be honest, looking at our away form.....

just listened to nil's interview on world and he actually gave me a small bit of faith in what otherwise are a bunch of heartless tripe. well faith in him anyway. he said he would sacrafice his place in the team if it meant the club were further up the table. maybe just a peice of trollop that footballers usually come out with but at least it gave me a glimmer of hope that atleast one of the guys cares.

stearman paddy nills sheehan

hammond wesso hughes smith

hume fryatt

MKFox said:
I think we've only picked up 7 points on our travels this season :018:

17 games left, 24 points needed for 50.

I'd take a draw to be honest, looking at our away form.....

me too comes to something when we would settle for a point at plymouth :icon_sad:

Fryatt was brought into the club as a player who can finish off the chances and people have said he won't create much himself. It seems we create more when Hume and Hammond are in the team than MDV, so I'd like to see:

Douglas

Stearman
Paddy M
Paddy G
Paddy K (did well there at Reading), or Sheehan

Hammond
Gudjonsson
Wesolowski
Smith

Hume
Fryatt

but I think Levein will more likely go with:

Douglas

Stearman
Paddy M
Paddy G
Maybury

Hughes
Gudjonsson
Wesolowski
Smith

MDV
Fryatt

Considering he's basically said that Weso will start tonight, and has said that having Joey back is a big boost since he's our most consistent player, I think he will actually go with those 2 and leave Kisnorbo out for once.
Wouldn't be too suprised to see him drop MDV for Hume either actually. I think this could be a must win game for him to save his job, so will maybe put Hume in because the fans love him.
Sheehan could even start perhaps? Levein said in the Mercury that he thinks the hunger of the likes of Stearman and Wesolowski could be key to keeping us up... thus he might want to put another one in?

Who knows..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670