Plymouth Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Nalis will pop up with the winner tonight? :icon_conf :102:

Weather looks good for tonight, BBC Weather say dry but cold (1C). Keep yer bits warm.:icon_lol:

It's a cracking day down here. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, although it is very cold.

There is certainly no chance of this one being called off.

Perfect weather for us to kick start our season.

Watch out Play offs, here we come!!!! :081: :icon_conf :icon_sad: :(

PLYMOUTHFOX said:
It's a cracking day down here. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, although it is very cold.

just passing through dawlish on the train. Very sunny and the sea is calm. Feel like stopping here and forgetting about the match.

PLYMOUTHFOX said:

Just to cheer up those going down, I make it 51 points left available this season. We are only 47 behind top spot!! And only 21 off the play-offs so if tonights win starts off a series of continuous wins we may make the premiership!!

Webbo, I've decided that since i lost all my money by betting against Leicester against spurs. can you change my vbets ont the city match.

If i bet AGAINST city then we might just win.

i have 5 for a city win and 5 on a draw. put it all on a plymouth win please :icon_sad:

Last edited:
SilverFox said:
----------------Rab C Nesbit--------------------
-----Paddy--------Dublin----------Nils----------
Elvis---Gudjonnson---------Wesolowski---Smithy
--------------Hughes/Williams------------------
---------------Hume----Fryatt-----------------

*Hughes if Williams is injured.

I think that is fairly solid, with bags of pace. I am pig fuc*ing sick of hoof. We never open teams up. I think with the blind pace in this line up and the ability of williams and Joey to play decent through balls we could create a lot of goal scoring chances.

Add to that the hard tackling of Joey and Weso. I think we could get something tomorrow. But we need to be bold!

Great formation and players except I'd boot out Nils and play Stearman who has a bit more pace. I would also give Henderson ago, not that he's any better then Rab but it would at least give Rab a kick up the arse!

Last edited:
SilverFox said:
----------------Rab C Nesbit--------------------
-----Paddy--------Dublin----------Nils----------
Elvis---Gudjonnson---------Wesolowski---Smithy
--------------Hughes/Williams------------------
---------------Hume----Fryatt-----------------

*Hughes if Williams is injured.

I think that is fairly solid, with bags of pace. I am pig fuc*ing sick of hoof. We never open teams up. I think with the blind pace in this line up and the ability of williams and Joey to play decent through balls we could create a lot of goal scoring chances.

Add to that the hard tackling of Joey and Weso. I think we could get something tomorrow. But we need to be bold!

Playing Dublin will just result in hoofing, i think. Gerrbrand or Stearman would be better options IMO.

Feriol said:
Playing Dublin will just result in hoofing, i think. Gerrbrand or Stearman would be better options IMO.

Just think Dublin is more likely to win headers at the back and provide some leadership that we have been lacking. IMO

Just think Dublin is more likely to win headers at the back and provide some leadership that we have been lacking.
Absolutely agree with that. Dublin is very strong and powerful at the back and will pull defenders to him when he goes up for corners/free kicks, giving perhaps a bit more room for MDV, Fryatt, Hume, Hammond, whoever. He very obviously 'organises' the players on the field and makes a great leader to fire players up. I do not care if he is not part of the 'Next Generation' City team. He is our best centre half by a long way and should play every match he can till we reach safety.

Nathan said:
Webbo, I've decided that since i lost all my money by betting against Leicester against spurs. can you change my vbets ont the city match.

If i bet AGAINST city then we might just win.

i have 5 for a city win and 5 on a draw. put it all on a plymouth win please :icon_sad:

bugger, i think webbo's gone.

i'll have to take matters into my own hands. the rest of my vCash is going on Plymouth

Nathan said:
bugger, i think webbo's gone.

i'll have to take matters into my own hands. the rest of my vCash is going on Plymouth
The jeff that posted on the previous page is webbo posting from his pda Nathan. Its prob a bit late. ;)

Douglas

Stearman
McCarthy (c)
Johansson
Maybury

Hughes
Gudjonsson
Wesolowski
Kisnorbo

Fryatt
De Vries

I can almost see the 'hoof' from here.

From the OS.

Two Changes For City

James WesolowskiCity boss Craig Levein hands a full debut to James Wesolowski as Leicester go in search of a much needed win at Plymouth tonight.

Wesolowski, who broke his leg during a pre-season friendly against Celtic in the summer, made his first appearance for the senior squad in the 2-1 defeat at the hands of Cardiff on Saturday.

And Levein gauged enough from that performance to put his faith in the 18-year-old for the crucial game against the Pilgrims.

City could line up in a 3-5-2 formation as they look to register only their second league away win of the campaign.

Joey Gudjonsson makes a welcome return to the squad after serving a two-match suspension for accumulating 10 yellow cards for the season, and he looks set to be partnered in the middle of the park by Stephen Hughes and the youngster Wesolowski.

Matty Fryatt continues in attack alongside Mark de Vries, while Patrick Kisnorbo swaps midfield for a place as one of the centre halves.

The Plymouth starting line up contains former Fox Lilian Nalis, who lines up against his former employers for the third time this season having previously pitted his wits against Leicester for Sheffield United and Coventry City.

City: Douglas; McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Johansson; Stearman, Hughes, Wesolowski, Gudjonsson, Maybury; Fryatt, de Vries.
Subs: Hume, O'Grady, Hammond, Smith, Hamill.

Kisnorbo Starts:icon_evil

Weloski and Joey in midfield with Kisnorbo on the left (??) and Hughes on the Right, unless were playing a diamond?

De Vris and Fryatt upfront, great thinking Craig because that worked really well on sat, they looked like they had no idea the other was there!

Bench is made up completly of strikers: Smith, Hume, Elvis cant remeber the others

I felt really confident beforehand that we would win the games against Crewe, Reading, Sheff Weds & Cardiff, but was convinced Spurs would beat us easily.

I have a bad feeling about tonight's game.

Does that mean we might have a chance of a surprise 3 points?

Please.....

Doug

Fox Fan said:
Kisnorbo Starts:icon_evil

Weloski and Joey in midfield with Kisnorbo on the left (??) and Hughes on the Right, unless were playing a diamond?

De Vris and Fryatt upfront, great thinking Craig because that worked really well on sat, they looked like they had no idea the other was there!

Bench is made up completly of strikers: Smith, Hume, Elvis cant remeber the others

FFS:018: . No balance:icon_conf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670