1 Middlesbrough v Leicester
1 Leicester v Burnley
3 Leicester v Crystal Palace
1 Reading v Leicester
0 Nott'm Forest v Leicester
1 Leicester v Watford
1 Doncaster v Leicester
3 Leicester v Ipswich

31 points in total. Is that enough for play-offs (70) ?

Is this based on the performances you have witnessed so far this season?

I don't see what your problems are - this is a realistic prediction for the rest of the season.

Realistic predictions? From the bloke who languishes in 11th position in the second division of the Prediction League?

If Webbo had posted it no doubt it would be all about ball licking and thumbs up.

Purely out of respect for his leading the Prediction Premier League, I would presume.
:icon_wink

Is this based on the performances you have witnessed so far this season?

Looks like it's based on where people are in the table- and I'd hope that we've been in the Championship long enough for people to know that's really not how it works...

Looks like it's based on where people are in the table- and I'd hope that we've been in the Championship long enough for people to know that's really not how it works...

oh

i thought Joe had been assessing the teams from the stands with a clipboard...

I'm a very analytically minded person. I doubt many of you disagree with my predictions that much. I don't get all this negativity from y'all.

Very much doubt 70pts will be enough this season, especially given our inferior GD.

70 won't do it.

It really is a big ask, but we need to be looking for 74/75 points to be confident of play offs in my opinion.

I still wouldn't be confident with 74/75pts given out inferior GD.

Let's face it we could go on title winning form from here to the end of the season and there's still a good chance we wouldn't make the play-offs.

Last edited:
We have to get 1/3 of a point nd then a tiny bit more to get above leeds. It's not impossible that we can get the playoffs- just unlikely!

Of course, jeff, but these points totals are just estimates and it's also a strong estimate that we would fall short if on equal points with teams via goal difference.

We'll just have to make sure the Yak is fed then won't we?

We need to do what now? :icon_conf :102:

Sorry, a third of a point more than leeds PER GAME- and then an extra point overall unless our GD is superior. I use Leeds as a benchmark because they are in the top 6 and on the same games played as we are.

Last edited:
Here's how many points I reckon we can get from the rest of this season:

3 Sheff Utd v Leicester
3 Leicester v Barnsley
1 Derby v Leicester
3 Leicester v Bristol City
0 Cardiff v Leicester
3 Leicester v Coventry
0 QPR v Leicester
1 Leicester v Norwich
3 Scunthorpe v Leicester
3 Leicester v Portsmouth
1 Middlesbrough v Leicester
1 Leicester v Burnley
3 Leicester v Crystal Palace
1 Reading v Leicester
0 Nott'm Forest v Leicester
1 Leicester v Watford
1 Doncaster v Leicester
3 Leicester v Ipswich

31 points in total. Is that enough for play-offs (70) ?

good but i think we will beat Qpr and the tree huggers but lose to burnley and reading

I still wouldn't be confident with 74/75pts given out inferior GD.

Let's face it we could go on title winning form from here to the end of the season and there's still a good chance we wouldn't make the play-offs.

If we do as well as we need to do to get into the play-offs our goal difference might not be inferior by then.
A few good wins, particularly against the teams above us, and the goal difference will look much better.

The title winning form of Newcastle last year produced 43 points from their last 18 games - I'd take that.

Most other teams stumbled their way through the last third of the season, we were the best of the rest with 33 points in the run in - and improved our GD by 13. Do that again and we'd probably make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669