Portsmouth 5 Leicester City 5 (Academy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From carling.com:

Five of the Best Premier League 4-4 Draws
1) ASTON VILLA vs LEICESTER CITY - 22nd February 1995

Also remember Gary Lineker being heard in the background on the radio going crazy when we scored the fourth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes we did go to Liverpool and win 2.-1 breaking their home run going back some time.It wasn't a dream cos I was there!

80/81 Jock Wallace single season in the top flight -late January I think. We travelled up from Manchester on day of the game as spending weekend there with some friends of my Mrs' mother.

if my memory serves me right, this great result was just a couple of days after being dumped out of an fa cup replay by 4th division exeter, at there place.am i correct in thinking jim melrose scored both goals, or just the winner ?

January 31th 1981. Same day as I bought Talking Heads' "Remain in Light". Once in a lifetime experience you could say.

Liverpool equalized our 1-0 lead late in the game only for us to snatch the winner a few minutes from time. Can't remember who got the winner though. Alan Young? Jim Melrose? Boc??? Anyway, we were at the bottom of the league, Liverpool at top and as you say hadn't lost at Anfield for 85 games or so. Super day!!

i remember going to Exeter during the week leading up to this game and seeing us get knocked out of the cup and almost not going to Anfield.

Last edited:
if my memory serves me right, this great result was just a couple of days after being dumped out of an fa cup replay by 4th division exeter, at there place.am i correct in thinking jim melrose scored both goals, or just the winner ?

off hand i think it was Pat Byrne who scroed the first

i remember going to Exeter during the week leading up to this game and seeing us get knocked out of the cup and almost not going to Anfield.

was it 4-1 to exeter?

Can anybody here remember games were we have come back or chucked away leads.

I can remember being a kid and Leicester were losing to Brentford 2-0 in the cup,with about 10 minutes to go,i turned the radio of and went to bed.

About 30 minutes later my Dad popped his head around the door and said we had won 4-2...did not believe him one bit,but he was right.

Happy Days.

Bit like Bristol Rovers in L1 when we won 2-1

Yes we did go to Liverpool and win 2.-1 breaking their home run going back some time.It wasn't a dream cos I was there!

80/81 Jock Wallace single season in the top flight -late January I think. We travelled up from Manchester on day of the game as spending weekend there with some friends of my Mrs' mother.

it was few weeks after this game we almost signed johan cruyff

4-3 at Wolves. 3 goals up at half time which was as many as Wolves had scored so far that season. Then threw it all down the pan in the second half.

I seem to recall that becoming something of a habit that season.

Best Summed up at Boro, when we squandered a 3-1 lead in the 2 minutes of injury time. :icon_cry:

That week we conceded six goals in injury time in three games IIRC

The record shows that two of your six were scored within the 90 minutes but in essence you are correct.

Then followed a 5-0 drubbing by Villa at the Walkers, a dismal February (3 draws and a defeat) and the La Manga affair at the start of March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669