Portsmouth (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruma can't use his left foot or even turn to his left. I am not criticising him and Mee but they have been expected to do a job which is too much for a couple of under 21s.

Midfield looks totally knackered. King over the past six weeks hardly involved.

Not just Yakubu but far too many players just do not look up for it. There's simply a lack of bollocks and bottle.

Ricardo can not be giving any confidence to those around him. The same applies to dropping a player in decent nick (Vitor) and replacing with an average one. I warn a while back that our back four have always struggled against a decent strikeforce, this was one of the main reasons for our earlier good form.

Alongside this, we have 'sussed' tactically. Push up, cut the outball to Yuki and we'll just hoof it.

Well Done Pompey after twenty minutes playing football, you've managed to out-Stoke Stoke. I shouldn't expect any different off Cotterill.

Sven said it was because Bruma is one of the best players we have.

He might well be, but the defence looked all at sea yet again today, and imo it's no coincedence they looked more at ease at Scunny cos Vitor was talking to Ricardo and this made the whole defence more confident.

He also said at the Q&A that he thought we played very well at Cardiff and should've won.
I think he watched a different game to me that night....

I can see meself getting into a slanging match with the twat with the wife and kids before the season ends.
For the last 10 minutes all he did was berate Ben Mee about how shite he had been for us since joining.
:icon_roll

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/Play-Off-Dream-Alive-Says-Boss-2017.aspx

Thought we were rubbish today. seems Cotterill thought Ricardo might be a weaklink, seems strange they think they might have a good chance of the playsoffs.and we have wrote ours off.momentum helps i suppose

Commentator on the online stream said that the result ends our push and puts Portsmouth in with a shout, odd!

It's still mathematically possible for us to get in playoffs but our attitude is ****ing pathetic at the minute and I can't see where a win will come from.

I don't think Bruma is shit but changing a team that won and kept a clean sheet is an odd one.

If we were on the back of our run from earlier in the year, then the play-offs would be possible.

Given the current shower of shite, we have no chance.

How the **** did Gallagher miss that open goal in the 2nd half, when it really was set in stone to score?
I blame him for that and that stupid free kick as well!

I'd agree that Portsmouth 'did a job' on us, but even so we still had several gilt-edged chances - that's the frustrating thing. In particular, King's free-header would have been buried earlier in the season

How the **** did Gallagher miss that open goal in the 2nd half, when it really was set in stone to score?
I blame him for that and that stupid free kick as well!

What about Yak's desperate attempts to not have to shoot? I've seen it about 10 times and can't see why he was so scared of kicking the ball.

Very disappointing.

Rate Bruma but don't agree with changing a settled back four.

Lack of goals becoming an issue now...reckon a striker will join this week.

What about Yak's desperate attempts to not have to shoot? I've seen it about 10 times and can't see why he was so scared of kicking the ball.

and that..... also King becoming a wanker again didn't help either. How much can we get for him?

4/1 was a massive price for the pompey win. Every cloud and all that

Frustrating as **** given the other results.

Only positive note is that we didn't lose any ground on those 2 remaining play-off spots that no one seems to want (given the top 4 are looking secure).

Could this be due to the lack of proper pre-season fitness training?
Swansea faded around this time last season.

Yes, could be some tired legs.

Ricardo trained with kids for first half of year
Bamba played in fecking Scotland
King, wellens, Gally all got the Sousa treatment
Abe playing first full season, plus world cup and Sousa
Yak was injured most of last year.
Vassell had no preseason at all.

Still, a bad result. Let's hope Sven is allowed to really go for it next preseason.

Frustrating as **** given the other results.

Only positive note is that we didn't lose any ground on those 2 remaining play-off spots that no one seems to want (given the top 4 are looking secure).

My feelings, too. Only a few short weeks since I was boring on about how at least two of the playoff contenders would implode - never imagining one of them would be us. Still, Forest are the others so every cloud...

We could revive - now starting to look like "only" 72-73 points will grab 6th spot.

However, I can't see how any combination of GK/back four we have presently are anywhere near good enough to sustain another winning run - let alone how we rediscover our mojo going forward.

Must get drunk.

Could this be due to the lack of proper pre-season fitness training?
Swansea faded around this time last season.

That seems to me to be a very good point.

Hazzman criticizes Cotterill which I think is unfair. It is the job of the opposing manager to make life difficult for us. Portsmouth were away to a team that has probably got more talent than them and came away with a victory. All credit to them.

I could not see why people are blaming Bruma who I thought played well. I understand that Vitor played well against Scunthorpe but we were up against a much better team today and if Sven considers Bruma a better player I accept his judgement.

Technically I thought we were poor. We often showed great awareness with what should have been great passes but they tended to be overhit. Mee and Gallagher at times seemed to have developed a remarkable lack of understanding.

As usual Mike Stowell spent the game getting increasingly incensed on the Leicester bench and for once I shared his frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669