Portsmouth (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont need glasses you ****. I have contact lenses.

I remember Gallagher being put in and the keeper making a great save. The last time I checked there was a MAHOOSIVE difference between an open goal & a one on one? :018:

But I still don't get it - Ricardo makes a mistake/there is a glitch in communication/the marking is poor (which Sven was pointing out at the press conference) and is absolutely spot on the rest of the game and still he is the scape goat. Gallagher ****s up numerous of freekicks as well as a fantastic goalscoring oppurtunity and he gets away with murder.

Don't get me wrong, I think Gally is a good player but to think that such a mistake in front of the attacking goal is no worse than one in front of your own goal is not right for me.

The thing about all this "plan B" nonsense is that Sven himself has said several times this team and this midfield is not physical enough. The fact is, we need physical players to match other teams' physical games, else we'd just get out bullied by them.

Sousa put together a team of lightweights, we've known this all season, haven't we? Why then are people still going on about it and asking for us to match other teams' physical play?

Quite. I was talking to Sven yesterday and he empathized the fact that the only physical midfielder we've got is Abe - and, well, that says it all really.

We're building for next season.

On a positive note, that was probably the best observed minutes silence that I have ever heard (or not heard!) at our place.

Nice that Yuki led the teams out too.

You know, in a couple of months we'll be moaning about mindless speculation regarding signings and departures, and the lack of football.
What a piggin carousel. I hate/love football. Gibber.

We were shit today.
The whole team weren't good enough.
Yak may as well not be on the pitch.
Playoffs won't happen.

However if we still have Sven and loads of cash in the summer, I think we will own the league next year.

On a positive note, that was probably the best observed minutes silence that I have ever heard (or not heard!) at our place.

I actually tuned in at the start of the silence and thought that there was something wrong with the stream as there was no sound.
True story.

We were shit today.
The whole team weren't good enough.
Yak may as well not be on the pitch.
Playoffs won't happen.

However if we still have Sven and loads of cash in the summer, I think we will own the league next year.

I think Yak's build and rolling way of running gives a false impression of laziness. I also think he did some very good work outside the penalty area. The problem is that a striker is largely judged by his performance in the penalty and Yak's finishing was dreadful by championship standards let alone a player on his huge wages.

I actually tuned in at the start of the silence and thought that there was something wrong with the stream as there was no sound.
True story.

If you had just tuned in at some times in the second half you might have thought the minutes silence was still on it was that quiet. I felt like starting up the "just like a li-bra--ry" chant to try and get some response.

I know we played badly (Sven take your rose tinted glasses off cos if you didn't think that was crap you need to wake up and smell the coffee) however our support today was equally as crap.
Also my lucky shirt got it's 1st defeat so I'll need to find another lucky item now!

Weale is at best a back up keeper for a strong team at this level whereas Ricardo has been a top class keeper for more than a decade.

Right. So who was in goal last season when we finished 5th and got 17 clean sheets. Weren't we a strong team at this level then?

I think that sides in the division fully understand that we are vulnerable to the physically stronger sides. Portsmouth were strong and well organised and we gifted them a goal.

Talk of us being mathematically involved in the play offs race masks the reality that we aren't good enough this season. We generally get beaten by the better teams.

We have a weak keeper - Ricardo is too small and inapable of dominating the 6 yards box let alone the area. The crowd can be cruel but they are generally pretty accurate in spotting a weakness. It also looks to me that there is some sort of commitment that we have to play certain of the loan players if they are fit.

Yak is clearly well over weight and has not regained his confidence whilst on loan. Vassell has faded away over the season - not surprising for someone who didn't have adequate serious pre-season training. I think that those who said King was a waste of space a few months ago were deluded...and so were those who a few weeks ago were talking about him being worth £10m!

It would be a waste of time and money to bring in a new loan signing now. Time for Sven and the owners to think about next season - if Sven is going to stay around.

Ye of little faith...

We're on a blip, we went through similar blips at almost exactly the same periods in both the last 2 seasons and both times people had similar reactions to the ones now on this very board.

Every team has blips, ManUtd have just been through one, Chelsea went through one, Barcelona and Arsenal are currently going through one.

We're a good side, one of the best in the division, we know this because we were seeing it with our own eyes just a few weeks a go and because we know based on games since Sousa left we are a top 6 side and because we're still creating chances: we had over 4 times as many shots as Portsmouth yesterday, our finishing is going through a bad spell, but it will turn around, on another day we'd have won that 3 or 4-1. To say hopes of the play-offs are over and trying to get there is a waste of time is utter nonsense.

It ain't over, til it's over...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673