Portsmouth (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Mee had a total mare today. Most of his 'passes' in the first half went straight to the subs on the bench!

I did say the bloke was slagging Mee off on account of his time here, not just this match(which he was indeed rubbish)

I had a 'word' with a lad sitting just behind me today.

Mee didn't have a good game, especially in that first half. But everytime Mee touched the ball, this lad said "I hate Ben Mee".

I lost my patience, said my piece, and then didn't hear a sound out of him for the rest of the game. He conceded he was basing his opinion of Mee on his first game, rather than anything he'd done since then. He also conceded that he didn't realise Mee had played well at both left back and in central defence recently either.

I can't stand irrational criticism.

Going back to the twat in front....he is like this EVERY game. Always slagging them off. always booing players. And then he had the nerve to start going on about the away games and how if some of the boring twats round him went they'd agree with what he was saying.:icon_roll

I was tempted to ask him how much of the away games he actually saw, bearing in mind he normally only sees about 50/55 minutes of each home game.

It is over, we are just starting to realise what the players accepted against Cov.

We needed players who could get us out of this league, playing with pace and getting the ball to the forwards as soon as possible rather than putting together 20-30 passses that has no end product.

The QPR team is hardly a list of some of the best players in the Championship, for example Hill, Derry, Ephraim, but Warnock understands what it takes to get out of this league. Regrettably, Sven appears not to.

The thing about all this "plan B" nonsense is that Sven himself has said several times this team and this midfield is not physical enough. The fact is, we need physical players to match other teams' physical games, else we'd just get out bullied by them.

Sousa put together a team of lightweights, we've known this all season, haven't we? Why then are people still going on about it and asking for us to match other teams' physical play?

I have sympathy with this point of view but, why has Sven not brought in additional midfield forces? It looks like we are going to add another expensive striker this week but, if the service is not there, neither will the goals be. :102:

I have sympathy with this point of view but, why has Sven not brought in additional midfield forces? It looks like we are going to add another expensive striker this week but, if the service is not there, neither will the goals be. :102:

You don't think he has tried? Given all those inquiries that fell through and how he admitted in January he was struggling to get any of his targets?

All he's had in the inflated price nonsense that is the January transfer window when few teams will sell and a loan window in which he has had to get a few youth players in fro Chelsea and ManCity.

It's obvious this is not Sven's side, else why for instance, would we have spent so long looking for left-backs and goalkeepers only to end up with what seemed like the 4th or 5th choice after several other inquiries failed?

When he has a proper chance to sign players in the summer I'm sure we'll see him start to put a squad together which he is much more happy with for the way he wants to play.

Last edited:
We needed players who could get us out of this league, playing with pace and getting the ball to the forwards as soon as possible rather than putting together 20-30 passses that has no end product.

The QPR team is hardly a list of some of the best players in the Championship, for example Hill, Derry, Ephraim, but Warnock understands what it takes to get out of this league. Regrettably, Sven appears not to.

If it had been down to Sven's results we would be challenging for automatic promotion.

Any comment on Sven's managership should show awareness of two factors.
We were bottom when Sven arrived and facing a struggle against relegation.
Sven has not had a close-season when he could build his team.

Listening to the post match comments coming home from the game,brummer didnt seem to think the team had done that bad, then sven comes on and says about the same kind of thing ..
if hes bringing these comments into the dressing room after the game ,the team wont do any better ,sven is a stubborn man. he wont see past his favourites, GOALKEEPER USELESS,YAC USELESS. HE DROPS HIS GOALSCORER FROM THE WEEK BEFORE.
DONT JUST BLAME THE TEAM .
BLAME THE MAN THAT SELECTS THEM.
SWEN YOUR TO BLAME FOR THIS SHAMBLES,

I brought the Racing Post yesterday morning and Leicester had an amazing stat that they had not lost a game whilst being odds on for 42 matches on the trot.

Well it had to come to an end sometime.

citys downfall is the start to this season we should easly of picked up 10 more points which would see us in a good play off place, i think the yak is a waste of dosh the money would of been better spent on a decent hard centre back and a couple of decent midfielders , it might be worth putting bamba up front with vassel for rest of season i think he would make a better strike option than the yak

You don't think he has tried? Given all those inquiries that fell through and how he admitted in January he was struggling to get any of his targets?

I totally accept that he has not had a summer transfer window in which to purchase players but, we have signed Yakubu, and now it looks as if we will be getting Kamara - as over-priced loanee strikers. I am surprised that a midfielder could not have been found instead. I suppose, that I am a little concerned that there seems to be money for "exciting strikers", but not for the bread and butter players.

Listening to the post match comments coming home from the game,brummer didnt seem to think the team had done that bad, then sven comes on and says about the same kind of thing ..
if hes bringing these comments into the dressing room after the game ,the team wont do any better ,sven is a stubborn man. he wont see past his favourites, GOALKEEPER USELESS,YAC USELESS. HE DROPS HIS GOALSCORER FROM THE WEEK BEFORE.
DONT JUST BLAME THE TEAM .
BLAME THE MAN THAT SELECTS THEM.
SWEN YOUR TO BLAME FOR THIS SHAMBLES,

For God's sake get a grip!

Why on earth do some people blow everything out of proportion.

When Sven came in we were bottom, extremely low on confidence and facing a probable relegation battle. His objectives were clear - get us out of the shit and get promotion within two seasons. The fact that he got us to the edge of the play-offs with over a third of this season to go was clearly too early for some.

The play-offs were a given and now we've stumbled; the sky has fallen in, the team's now a 'disgrace', a 'shambles', Sven hasn't got a clue, half the team get booed, the other half can do no wrong.

I'm with Profondo.

I totally accept that he has not had a summer transfer window in which to purchase players but, we have signed Yakubu, and now it looks as if we will be getting Kamara - as over-priced loanee strikers. I am surprised that a midfielder could not have been found instead. I suppose, that I am a little concerned that there seems to be money for "exciting strikers", but not for the bread and butter players.

Why would a team let an excellent midfielder, or a 20 goal striker, leave on loan? It wouldn't make any sense.

When Sven came in we were bottom, extremely low on confidence and facing a probable relegation battle. His objectives were clear - get us out of the shit and get promotion within two seasons. .

I said upon his appointment I'd be happy with 10th plus with a starting eleven worthy enough of winning promotion next season.

We're not far off that tbh. It's never gonna happen but I'd like to see the likes of Hobbs and Moussa recalled, given a go if the play-offs are not reachable.

I gave up on around 30th minute yesterday. Unlike earlier in the season where we had no-one to finish off the chances, now we aren't creating them. The other big thing missing is a couple of leaders who can not only talk the talk but pull teams through matches like that. All that said, it's extremely difficult to sign such a player. My Dad came out with the laughable suggestion we could sign Charlie Adam. :icon_lol:

We have been spoilt by out tanatalising glimpse of the possibility of playoffs. We've soonforgotten that we WERE BOTTOM when Sven took over. To finish where we are now would've seemed a fanciful idea six months ago.

We have been spoilt by out tanatalising glimpse of the possibility of playoffs. We've soonforgotten that we WERE BOTTOM when Sven took over. To finish where we are now would've seemed a fanciful idea six months ago.

I'm sorry, but at the risk of being labelled a blue mongie, I cannot accept that argument. We were seventh, only a few games ago, we have spent money as if it is going out of fashion. We may not have the right to expect more, but I think that the owners do.

Oddly 6 months ago we were looking forward to a league cup outing at Pompey, having just been thoroughly done over at the Walkers by Colin's QPR. Abe was about to sign - and the fervent hope on here was he'd be good enough to replace "shitface" Wellens.

After disposing of Portsmouth with an understrength team, with Morrison on the scoresheet, we were nervous that MOM Conrad was about to be replaced by underwhelming loanee Ikeme (though no one suggested that regular outings were part of that deal). IMO the mood was still definitely optimistic that we'd start to climb the table, as long as we could start producing our cup form in the league against the likes of Portsmouth and Norwich.

Plus ca change...

Sorry guys Sven has tunnel vision, once hes gone for a player he likes ,others in the squad can forget it ,you can see it in the players now ,
how many good players has he let out on loan , or sold ,lets get Pearson back .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669