Post Match: Tottenham 1 v Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against Man Yoo I think we've got a good chance with Schlupp Ulloa Kramaric Albrighton
I'd play
Schwarzer
Simpson Was Wes De Laet
Hammond Cambiasso
Albirghton Kramaric Schlupp
Ulloa

Also, on another point. Ulloa is scoring a goal every other game in the Premier League/FA cup. He should start every game with Kramaric.....end of

You really know you've arrived when Radio 5 Live describe your match-winning Ghanaian international as "the deft, dash-and-dark Dutchman, Jeff Schlupp" :icon_conf

MOTD's indepth analysis of LCFC was astounding.... :icon_conf

"First, we'll look at Tottenham..."

Second, they moved rapidly on to the next game. But then we benefitted from being left out of the monumental clusterfuckery of vapid comments being made.

I'm really enjoying watching Schlupp evolve into a top class player. He's more and more at home in the Premier League. Undoubtedly, our best all round player so far this season and one of very few that have stepped up to the higher standard required. He also must have 'obliged' the club by staying behind from the ANC and, in doing so, has put club ahead of country. Top fella.

It was a very nice finish from Ulloa too and I liked the runs Kramaric made into 'goalscorers' space. He looks to me like he'll score a few.

On the downside, why on earth does Vardy carry on being selected when he is so patently both out of his depth and completely bereft of confidence? Yesterday, with a choice on the right side of midfield of Albrighton (in form and a perfect game to play him), Knockaert (far from my favourite but in need of more games like this) or Lawrence (someone desperately in need of match time to enable his undoubted talent to settle against his nerves), our esteemed leader chooses Vardy instead?

Vardy now has no goals in his last eighteen appearances. He is awful every match. He runs about, puts in his trademark late foul and gets booked/gets away with it, he disappoints in possession and then he disappears. Over and over again. There is no purpose or upside of playing him and the only reason for it is a totally misplaced and inept feeling of favouritism. Much like De Laet keeping his place for two months longer than he should have done.

Surely it is clear enough to NP that this season was always going to sort out players into two camps? Some would adapt, some wouldn't. It happens to every team that comes up. So for every Schlupp, there is a Vardy and that's just the way it is.

More than probably anything else this season, sentimentality is killing us.

Last edited:
Simpsons movement for the 2nd at that stage of the game was superb.

Fine win - on a day that spectacularly confirmed that the Premier League sides can't always get away with making multiple changes for a competition that truth be told they don't take seriously.

Ulloa is a proper fimisher - nine goals this season in a team with our record!

Pearson absolutely right in what he said about winning habit being important but performance also underlined how lacking he has been with team selections - e.g. leaving out the main man, Ulloa and repeatedly selecting Jamie Vardy when the poor lad is obviously out of his depth in the Premier League. Just hope that Pearson tries to resist stupidy in the nest couple of games - and gives us a chance.

Simpsons movement for the 2nd at that stage of the game was superb.

Agreed. I think he has done well since he came in, very consistent.

Looks good going forward but also more sound defensively than De Laet. Kramaric looks decent to me, didn't expect him to hit the ground running but has shown glimpses of what he might be capable of. Exciting prospect him and Ulloa.

Schlupp deserves high praise this year, he has come on leaps and bounds already. He was with us for so long without ever really improving his game but this season he has become a bit of a key player in the last few months.

Just wish Pearson would stop fiddling about with the side too much!

Agree that Vardy needs some time out of the side but I'd be really tempted to play him against Utd after what he did to them in the first game.

Hopefully yesterday proved to Pearson that Ulloa should be on the pitch. Genuine question...is this the first time Ulloa has played 90 minutes for us? And he pops up late with a goal late. A genuine goal threat.

Just got this from a Spurs-supporting friend who was at the game...

"Many congrats, gutting way for us to lose it, but you can justifiably say you were robbed of a pen in the first half.

Pearson was excellent, just went for it big time and it paid off-I thought your energy and power was superb - we had no answer to schlupp, great player. I hope you go far in the tournament and that this generates good momentum for you in the League.

We have a deep squad but many of our second string are truly woeful-kaboul, paulinho, adebayor and chiriches in particular, and just compare your strike power to ours, all of your strikers are far better than soldado and ade, we only have one forward, kane, who can actually put the ball in the net."

Just got this from a Spurs-supporting friend who was at the game...

"Many congrats, gutting way for us to lose it, but you can justifiably say you were robbed of a pen in the first half.

Pearson was excellent, just went for it big time and it paid off-I thought your energy and power was superb - we had no answer to schlupp, great player. I hope you go far in the tournament and that this generates good momentum for you in the League.

We have a deep squad but many of our second string are truly woeful-kaboul, paulinho, adebayor and chiriches in particular, and just compare your strike power to ours, all of your strikers are far better than soldado and ade, we only have one forward, kane, who can actually put the ball in the net."

Paulinho was dire - how he's a Brazilian international I have no idea.

And I agree with his analysis of our forwards. The *problem* we have across the squad is there are a lot of players that are of similar ability in most positions. This is demonstrated by no conclusive opinions on what our starting line-up should be each week. We're too well equipped for the Championship, but will struggle in the PL.

Agree that Vardy needs some time out of the side but I'd be really tempted to play him against Utd after what he did to them in the first game.

Hopefully yesterday proved to Pearson that Ulloa should be on the pitch. Genuine question...is this the first time Ulloa has played 90 minutes for us? And he pops up late with a goal late. A genuine goal threat.

He's played the whole ninety minutes in seven league games so far, having started seventeen.

Absolutely correct.

Had Pearson exercised any sound judgement with team selection then there is no way that we would currently bottom of the table.

I think that the club has shown good judgement with the two signings in the transfer window. Our man from Croatia plays in a complementary style to Ulloa and we have got a keeper who will likely be a good influence on and off the field. Not too realistic to expect additional better players to sign on given our position but it would help to get in a midfielder and a defender (any position).

Unless we get some crippling injuries messrs Vardy and Nugent should be given an extended break until next season - when they may be needed if we lose our decemt players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669