Post WBA...

success or not?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
From P2, the N block could be heard but not as effectively as last week but certainly enhanced the atmosphere at this end. For the first time in a few games even the Kop could be heard at our end. On the whole I think it's good because you get noise from both ends and makes the support sound much better.

I think its more a case of listening for us.
Everyone that I asked to listen for us heard us but only when the "kop" was quiet.

I think that if you called the "kop" a good atmosphere then you should just come over to N block for one gmae and enjoy a proper good atmosphere

Only saw a few people jumpimg up and down at the back of N block. Certainly much quieter than last week as I could not hear them at all this week. Presumably tickets are restricted because there are ST holders further down?
The Kop now seem to make more noise, although I think most of the stadium, home and away joined in with 'You fat bastard'!

Only saw a few people jumpimg up and down at the back of N block. Certainly much quieter than last week as I could not hear them at all this week. Presumably tickets are restricted because there are ST holders further down?
The Kop now seem to make more noise, although I think most of the stadium, home and away joined in with 'You fat bastard'!

not i..im a good girl i dont swear in public...:icon_lol:

There definatly needs to be a link between the ones at the back and the ones in the middle/front as it is brilliant at the back but then the people at the front don't join in with the 50 odd add at the back.

I think that if you called the "kop" a good atmosphere then you should just come over to N block for one gmae and enjoy a proper good atmosphere

What argument does that basis lay on? Why does standing in N Block make it a PROPER atmosphere. What unfounded tosh.

100 people singing or a couple of thousand singing. With silly comments like this, its not impressing me. When I sat I had a couple of loudmouths behind me what helped. The acoustic of the stadium are one of the probelms, the sound doesn't carry well.

What argument does that basis lay on? Why does standing in N Block make it a PROPER atmosphere. What unfounded tosh.

100 people singing or a couple of thousand singing. With silly comments like this, its not impressing me. When I sat I had a couple of loudmouths behind me what helped. The acoustic of the stadium are one of the probelms, the sound doesn't carry well.

If you were there you would know what i mean.
EVERYONE who has been near the back of Block N has realy enjoyed themselves and said it was much better the the "kop"

It's a load of bollocks IMO. You're alienating any potential fan who wants to sit in the N Block with the last two comments.

Why is that, becasue I said it was a good atmopshere there?
I'm a Season ticket holder in the "Kop" and its nothing like block N, in my opinion, but I'm obvoiusly going to say that. Its the people that were skeptical about the idea that have moved over and now enjoy it and said they will come back that are the ones you should listen to.
Can I ask why you didnt come over?

Last edited:
TBH, I didnt seem successful from the Kop where I enjoyed a good atmosphere. I think it proves the ground doesnt have the best acoustics.

im sorry but the noise the baggies fans generated in the first half completly shits on the acoustics excuse. i think its more to do with the lackluster boring city fans that occupy the stadium most weeks. just a thought

Why is that, becasue I said it was a good atmopshere there?
I'm a Season ticket holder in the "Kop" and its nothing like block N, in my opinion, but I'm obvoiusly going to say that. Its the people that were skeptical about the idea that have moved over and now enjoy it and said they will come back that are the ones you should listen to.
Can I ask why you didnt come over?

Because I bought my tickets on a Saturday, when I was in the ticket office, people had the same probelm.

What I am saying is that you're alienating any potential mover who was happy with the atmosphere in the kop on Saturday, not a single poster has called it 'dead' by saying being the N Block is a real 'proper atmosphere' you making yourself sound like you're of the attitude 'I am better fan than you'. What makes it any more proper than being in The Kop, the most sold out part of the ground. To add on you're second comment, everyone at the 'back' of N Block has enjoyed themselves. So really the N Block is nothing more than just a replicated L1?!? The same number of people sit there

As I have posted before I am all for but there are a number of probelms with it in its early running. Take this advice, be a bit more 'Tony Blair' like sitting on the fence.

im sorry but the noise the baggies fans generated in the first half completly shits on the acoustics excuse. i think its more to do with the lackluster boring city fans that occupy the stadium most weeks. just a thought

Acoustics carrying from one area of the ground to another. The Baggies had 3100 fans, a noise that size shouldnt be affected by the acoustics. A sound of a couple of hundred would and the sound coming from N Block was affected.

Acoustics carrying from one area of the ground to another. The Baggies had 3100 fans, a noise that size shouldnt be affected by the acoustics. A sound of a couple of hundred would and the sound coming from N Block was affected.

i believe there are way more than 3100 people in the kop

You would expect ALL the baggies fans to be singing - that what away fans do! Not all the Kop would be singing all the time though and nobody more than 30m from the back of N block would probably be able to hear any of the 50 or so jumping up and down and singing.

i believe there are way more than 3100 people in the kop

Yes and the sound was reasonable, no one so far has said the Kop had no atmosphere.

Just to add, has anyone noticed the pattern that everyone could hear the WBA fans in the first half when they were playing well. The same for us in the second half. I think it shows the most important factors in modern all-seater stadiums. The team has to play well and show some effort for there to be an atmosphere.

Last edited:
You would expect ALL the baggies fans to be singing - that what away fans do! Not all the Kop would be singing all the time though and nobody more than 30m from the back of N block would probably be able to hear any of the 50 or so jumping up and down and singing.

yes but acoustics has always been blamed, even when the KOP is bouncing with a cracking atmosphere. 3100 west brom fans were very loud but when the kop is in full voice they're not. its wierd.

yes but acoustics has always been blamed, even when the KOP is bouncing with a cracking atmosphere. 3100 west brom fans were very loud but when the kop is in full voice they're not. its wierd.

I heard the plenty of noise from the "kop".
I never said it was dead i was just pointing out my opinion, and everyone else's that has been in N block, that it is a better atmosphere there than in the "kop".

I heard the plenty of noise from the "kop".
I never said it was dead i was just pointing out my opinion, and everyone else's that has been in N block, that it is a better atmosphere there than in the "kop".

This probably true before the takeover/we have started playing better but since then the kop has been much louder if you ask me.

This probably true before the takeover/we have started playing better but since then the kop has been much louder if you ask me.

Agree 100% matey, we made the decision to go through with the idea after the Sunderland and Luton games which were Dire, I'm sure it has improved since and maybe if we had been forced to wait longer (and seen the improved atmopshere) then the idea might not have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00