Post WBA...

success or not?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the plenty of noise from the "kop".
I never said it was dead i was just pointing out my opinion, and everyone else's that has been in N block, that it is a better atmosphere there than in the "kop".

Why do you call it the "kop" in speech marks?

:icon_lol:

But you would say our Kop is anything near the kop at liverpool ?

If we had all the history, the money, the squad etc that they have had then maybe it would be. Liverpool's real fans are more passionate than any other, so they are bound to make more noise.

If we had all the history, the money, the squad etc that they have had then maybe it would be. Liverpool's real fans are more passionate than any other, so they are bound to make more noise.

True but our "kop" these days is a shadow of its former self at Filbo.

I've just read through the whole thread and have to agree with most of the things that have been said, albeit with people sharing different opinions.

Firstly, I have sat in N Block for the 2 games since it was started and have to say that I have enjoyed myself alot more than I did when I sat in the Kop. This isn't to say that there haven't been occasions when I have loved every minute in the Kop, the Villa and Fulham games this season show just what we can do given a good performance on the pitch. However, in N Block it seems to be more like going to the football should be (in my opinion) standing up and giving your vocal support for the team for 90 minutes.

However, with N block where it is currently we are never going to get anywhere. The 'singing section' will never have the ability to expand beyond the solitary block, rendering it, in the whole a pretty pointless exercise. I agree that the idea needs to be relocated in the Kop to get the old spirit and passion back into our stands. But then as people have said, it will mean relocating season ticket holders who may kick up a fuss at to where you go from there. To which there is no easy solution without getting on the wrong side of a lot of people.

Now people in the Kop saying that they can't hear N block is perfectly feasible, just like when I sat in the Kop I couldn't hear L1. But just because you can't hear it doesn't mean it's not there and doesn't mean the players can't hear it. The exact same theory goes for the Kop, I struggle to hear it sitting in N, because of the noise in there, but it doesn't mean the Kop isn't making noise and helping the players.

I also have to agree with some of the comments about the things said by 'BlockN' - don't turn it into us against them, that was never the intention of the singing section. The aim was to improve the atmosphere inside the whole stadium which, if the Coventry and West Brom games are anything to go by, seems to be on it's way to being achieved. At the end of the day we're all at the Walkers for the same reason, to show our support for Leicester City. And whether we choose to do that in the Kop, N1 or anywhere else it doesn't matter.

:icon_lol:

But you would say our Kop is anything near the kop at liverpool ?

about 300 or so miles if you ask me as the crow flys :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I've just read through the whole thread and have to agree with most of the things that have been said, albeit with people sharing different opinions.

Firstly, I have sat in N Block for the 2 games since it was started and have to say that I have enjoyed myself alot more than I did when I sat in the Kop. This isn't to say that there haven't been occasions when I have loved every minute in the Kop, the Villa and Fulham games this season show just what we can do given a good performance on the pitch. However, in N Block it seems to be more like going to the football should be (in my opinion) standing up and giving your vocal support for the team for 90 minutes.

However, with N block where it is currently we are never going to get anywhere. The 'singing section' will never have the ability to expand beyond the solitary block, rendering it, in the whole a pretty pointless exercise. I agree that the idea needs to be relocated in the Kop to get the old spirit and passion back into our stands. But then as people have said, it will mean relocating season ticket holders who may kick up a fuss at to where you go from there. To which there is no easy solution without getting on the wrong side of a lot of people.

Now people in the Kop saying that they can't hear N block is perfectly feasible, just like when I sat in the Kop I couldn't hear L1. But just because you can't hear it doesn't mean it's not there and doesn't mean the players can't hear it. The exact same theory goes for the Kop, I struggle to hear it sitting in N, because of the noise in there, but it doesn't mean the Kop isn't making noise and helping the players.

I also have to agree with some of the comments about the things said by 'BlockN' - don't turn it into us against them, that was never the intention of the singing section. The aim was to improve the atmosphere inside the whole stadium which, if the Coventry and West Brom games are anything to go by, seems to be on it's way to being achieved. At the end of the day we're all at the Walkers for the same reason, to show our support for Leicester City. And whether we choose to do that in the Kop, N1 or anywhere else it doesn't matter.

it dose the Mr Block N :icon_wink

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673