Pre Season Friendlies 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/16...face-everton-in-bangkok-friendly-1645165.aspx

Leicester City will take on Premier League rivals Everton on Sunday 27 July, in a friendly match to be hosted at Supachalasai Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.
The meeting with the Toffees will form part of a six-day pre-season trip for the Foxes and mark the 25th anniversary of the Club’s parent company, King Power International, ahead of City’s first Barclays Premier League campaign in 10 years.

The trip comes during the important formative stages of pre-season for Nigel Pearson’s squad, who will depart the UK just hours after the opening first team friendly of the summer at Ilkeston FC on Tuesday 22 July and return two days before their trip to Walsall on Wednesday 30 July.

The clash with Everton at the 30,000-seater national stadium (kick-off 6pm local time/12noon BST) will be Thai-owned City’s first match in the Kingdom since October 2010, when the Foxes won 2-0 in an exhibition match against the Thailand national team.

Leicester City Vice-Chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: “It will be with great pride that we bring our Championship-winning Leicester City squad back to Thailand for a match between two Premier League clubs that I am certain will capture the imagination of our football-loving nation.

“Our players received a heroes’ reception during a celebratory trip to Thailand at the end of the title-winning season and those fans will be very excited to see some of the team’s preparations for the new season in the Premier League.

“It will also be a great honour to welcome a club with the history and tradition of Everton FC – another team in the UK with strong connections to Thailand and an opponent with several star names that should contribute to a memorable occasion.”

Roberto Martinez’s Everton, a founder member of the Premier League, will provide a fine test for Nigel Pearson’s Leicester City, who won promotion to the top flight this past season by winning the Football League Championship title with a Club-record 102 points.

The Foxes have already been busy since the season finale, recruiting new players for their Premier League return such as exciting winger Marc Albrighton, athletic goalkeeper Ben Hamer and experienced England international defender Matthew Upson.

Their latest big signing came in the shape of an existing member of Pearson’s squad – Denmark international goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, who has signed a new long-term contract at King Power Stadium until June 2018.

King Power International, Thailand’s leading name in duty free, is the parent company of Leicester City and celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2014. The company is owned by Leicester City Chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, whose efforts to promote and bring prosperity to the Kingdom of Thailand were recognised in February 2013 when the King of Thailand bestowed on his family the royally-granted surname ‘Srivaddhanaprabha’.

Ticket information for the game will be released in due course, while Leicester City fans in the UK will be able to follow the game through live online commentary on Foxes Player, which will also have extended match highlights after the game. Photos, reports and reaction will be available on lcfc.com as the action happens. Due to technical restrictions with the platform, we will be unable to offer a live visual stream on Foxes Player.

Bugger - i am in the far east that week and chose hong kong for the weekend instead of bangkok because of the political situation. Now the curfew is lifted - couldnt get back to hk to meet my flight back cos its 6pm k/o. Hey ho.

Bugger - i am in the far east that week and chose hong kong for the weekend instead of bangkok because of the political situation. Now the curfew is lifted - couldnt get back to hk to meet my flight back cos its 6pm k/o. Hey ho.
I know how you feel. I'm in the same continent as the games are played, for every Leicester league game but still struggle to get to any game during the season.

Last edited:
Walsall tickets are now on sale for season ticket holders who have renewed. £12, £6 for over 60s/under 18s. 1,538 available.

Sale dates:

Monday 23 June On sale to 2013/14 Season Tickets Holders who have renewed for 2014/15
Thursday 26 June On sale to new 2014/15 Season Ticket Holders
Monday 30 June On sale to 2013/14 Foxes Club Members
Wednesday 2 July On sale to supporters with booking history in the 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons
Wednesday 9 July On general sale

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/230614-walsall-tickets-now-on-sale-1659758.aspx?

MK Dons tickets go on sale tomorrow (Tuesday)

Tickets will be priced as follows:
Age Bands Price
Adults £12
Over-60s £12
Under-18s £5
Under-12s (two FREE Under-12s per one full paying Adult) FREE

Ambulant Disabled tickets are available to those who are registered disabled on our system and who fulfill the selling criteria below. Ambulant Disabled tickets are priced at £12 with a FREE Carer.

Wheelchair users will be required to contact the MK Dons Box Office direct on 01908 622900 to purchase their tickets, priced as above.

Tickets will go on sale on the following dates:
Date Criteria
Tuesday 24 June On sale to 2013/14 Season Ticket Holders who have renewed for 2014/15
Friday 27 June On sale to new 2014/15 Season Ticket Holders
Tuesday 1 July On sale to 2013/14 Foxes Club Members
Thursday 3 July On sale to supporters with a Booking History in 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons
Thursday 10 July On general sale

Buying your tickets for the MK Dons game…

In person from the City Fanstore:
The City Fanstore is open from 9am-5pm Monday-Saturday and from 10am-2pm on Sundays. On Matchdays, the City Fanstore is open from 9am until kick-off and then for 45 minutes after the final whistle.

Call the City Sales Centre:
The City Sales Centre is open from 9am-6pm Monday-Friday and from 9am-3pm on Saturdays. On matchdays, the City Sales Centre is open from 9am until two hours before kick-off.

Walsall tickets are now on sale for season ticket holders who have renewed. £12, £6 for over 60s/under 18s. 1,538 available.

Sale dates:

Monday 23 June On sale to 2013/14 Season Tickets Holders who have renewed for 2014/15
Thursday 26 June On sale to new 2014/15 Season Ticket Holders
Monday 30 June On sale to 2013/14 Foxes Club Members
Wednesday 2 July On sale to supporters with booking history in the 2012/13 and 2013/14 seasons
Wednesday 9 July On general sale

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/230614-walsall-tickets-now-on-sale-1659758.aspx?

Seriously?

For a friendly, separate dates for different season ticket holders.

Franchise FC don't see us as big time with only 1000 tickets allocated.

Serious question: Unless you happen to live nearby, why on earth would anyone want to go to an away friendly game?

Serious question: Unless you happen to live nearby, why on earth would anyone want to go to an away friendly game?

It's not often you get the chance to see all 11 players in your team substituted

Ticket for the Rotherham game are not on sale yet or the dates when they will be but the price of the home tickets have been announced so assume our tickets will be the same cost

Prices for the home pre-season friendlies have been confirmed...
Prices for Rotherham United’s home pre-season friendlies against Nottingham Forest and Leicester City have now been confirmed.

The Millers first entertain Stuart Pearce’s Forest on Wednesday 23rd July; kick off 7.30pm, before welcoming Premier League newcomers Leicester City to New York Stadium on Tuesday 5th August, kick off 7.45pm.

Prices have now been confirmed and are as follows (matchday prices in brackets):

Adults: £13 (£15)
Concessions: £8 (£10)
Under 16s: £6 (£8)
Under 8s: £2 (£2)*

*The under 8 price applies to the Ben Bennett Family Stand only and under 8s must be accompanied by a full paying adult/concession.

An announcement for when tickets go on sale for above fixtures will be made shortly.
I see they play the Trees a couple of weeks before us.

Perhaps the only chance for the non ST holders to see a game?

It's not really a game though is it. Any that I've ever seen have been nothing more than a training session. I went to see us play Real Madrid and Barcelona because of the opposition but I have no interest in watching us prepare for the season against bog standard opposition. Especially being charged to see them stroll about for a couple of hours.

But even if I accept that there are reasons for this - for example, I can think of taking young kids to their first match or if the team are playing down the road from where you live (non-Leicester), I simply can't comprehend travelling significant distance to pay to watch a training session.

Rotherham, MK Dons, Walsall. Why bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46