Pre Season Friendlies 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotherham, MK Dons, Walsall. Why bother?

Waalwijk, Bodo, Lillestrom, Stockholm - all a complete waste of time and money. And Mansfield!

I enjoy going to away friendlies.

I can tick off a host of stadiums that I might not get to otherwise. I have managed to tick some right shit holes off the list over the years.

It's not really a game though is it. Any that I've ever seen have been nothing more than a training session. I went to see us play Real Madrid and Barcelona because of the opposition but I have no interest in watching us prepare for the season against bog standard opposition. Especially being charged to see them stroll about for a couple of hours.

But even if I accept that there are reasons for this - for example, I can think of taking young kids to their first match or if the team are playing down the road from where you live (non-Leicester), I simply can't comprehend travelling significant distance to pay to watch a training session.

Rotherham, MK Dons, Walsall. Why bother?

Both.

Prices have been released for Scunthorpe's three home pre-season matches.

Only the Whitegates Stand and Britcon Stand (terrace) will be open for the clashes with Lincoln City (Wednesday, July 23), Huddersfield Town (Saturday, July 26) and a Leicester City XI (Saturday, August 2).

Prices are as follows:
SEATING
£10 Adults (£8 season ticket holders)
£5 Seniors, student, U18 and U21 (£4 season ticket holders)
£2 U16's (£1 season ticket holders)

STANDING
£8 Adults (£6 season ticket holders)
£4 Seniors, student, U18 and U21 (£3 season ticket holders)
£2 Standing (£1 season ticket holders)

Read more at http://www.scunthorpe-united.co.uk/...ces-set-2014-1668606.aspx#2kFckSUITDxiompc.99

Last edited:

Except I can't buy any tickets until the 10th of July because despite me being a ST holder, my 8 year old grandchildren aren't so I have to wait until they go on general sale and hope for the best. :icon_sad:

This shit is really starting to boil my piss.

Fri 11 Jul – 2014/15 Season Ticket Holders
Fri 18 Jul – Supporters with a 2013/14 LCFC booking history
Fri 25 Jul – General Sale

Honestly, a tiered selling system for a friendly that will be lucky to sell more than 10k tickets, the mind boggles.

http://www.thaiticketmajor.com/sport/sport-detail.php?sid=2421&la=en#thumb

Tickets for Everton available online for anyone planning on going to Bangkok

This is what they say about us (possibly a few translation errors...)

Leicester City
Leicester City Football Club or Fox Siam team from the English Premier League with his new owner, a man named Vijaya Thailand Sriwathamatrakoon Prapasri Chairman King Power Group of Companies, which create pride for the whole country, Thailand. "I Leicester City Team of Thailand pride of Thailand" by the club, based in Leicester. Community of Leicestershire, England, with a golf tournament called "King Power Stadium".

Leicester City Football Club was founded in the year. Prof 1884 with the club name. Lester Foss (Leicester Fosse), as street names, home at the time. And joined the Football Association in the year. Prof 1890 and moved to the home Filbert Wayne Airport, which is located on Filbert Street, in 1891 and the stadium. to 111 years, and in 1919, after the end of World War 1, this course has been broken down into more. Has been attributed to the Great Fire. It was demolished and rebuilt in 1928 with a capacity of 32,500 seats and the club was renamed the club as "Leicester City Football Club" by city for appropriateness. Then in 2002, the stadium again and called Walkers Stadium by supporters later, in 2010, the King Power duty free company sells first. And only in the acquisition and management of this club. By expanding the capacity of the club's 42,000-seat stadium, and is called the "King Power Stadium".

The best of Leicester City have to go back to the 1928-29 season when Leicester were second in the league to Division 1, but also a former vice FA Cup in 1949, 1961, 1963 and 1969, however. in 1930 the club was experiencing liquidity makes it ok to play Division 2 again and come back up to play another season in the Premier from 2003 to 2004 when there were many famous players, such as steel. by Ferdinand and Paul Dick Coffee, a goalscoring 2's first team, including Keith Gillespie P, Gerry tag Stuttgart and Steffen Lefroy Brown, however. finished the series with 18 making it back down to play in the League Championship again, and after another five years, they decline to the League prior to scroll back within one season with the football championship league championship under. under the control of the army boss Paulo Sousa, the Portuguese national team midfielder. By players like Matthew Auckland City Buckley, a captain, Jack Hobbs ight of Liverpool, Bruno Barry Weiner's former team in Switzerland, including Miguel Village North. is on loan from Benfica Lisbon.

When it comes to legendary footballer Leicester is Winning the clubs. And boasts several major soccer to football frequented. Simply named Top 100 legendary players who were recruited by the football league in 1998, it is certainly one of the 5 cases that have Polynesian Yorker. Former England national team top scorer the year 1984-92 and the World Cup 1986, the juvenile form of Leicester. By the club prior to the year 1978-85 under Everton, Barcelona and Tottenham Hot Spurs to Redbridge.

The other two, namely Gordon bankroll, former England national football team, he was pulled from the years 1963-72. Chesterfield and "Leicester City" during the years 1959-67 by the Federation history. And statistics, the International Football (IFFHS) has been selected as the Goalkeeper's 2nd all time behind Lev Pharmaceuticals San Francisco, and the legendary Lester Another was Peter Shilton was outposts, "he said," but down. during the years 1970-1990 he was the bas Leicester 1966-74 before going on to win the European Cup with Nottingham Forest in 1979 and 1980 as well as winning the League season 1977 -. 78 and he is also the owner of a playing career in the world up to 1,005 shots for the players the Premier League from Leicester is Emile Heskey striker Aston Villa, Joe Matt stock of banks. left West Bromwich Albion.

In August 2010, the King Power Company decided to sponsor on the shirt for the club Leicester City for a period of 3 years after Mandaric 'decided to sell the club to the AFI, and Vichai Sriwathamatrakoon Prapasri (love Sriakษr original. ) is the president for the club on 10 February, 2011 by Vichai and management team. The aim Leicester City to bring the team back up to the top league in the Premier League again. And has changed the management of many within the club. To develop into the best club in England until the wear of the season 2012 - 2013 Nigel Pearson has built a team playing above expectations. Leicester City to bring the top six of the Championship table after England captured in playoff matches.

In the season 2013 - 2014 the executive club. And manager Nigel Pearson and his team did not disappoint fans of Siam fox. With her ​​team won The Championship, England, and was able to grab the highest score in the team record 102 points, leading the team to the Premier League in the last 10 years successfully.

A fascinating insight into the history of our club, for those of us too young to remember that much. I, certainly, have learned a few new things by reading it. Thanks Jeff :038:

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46