pre season games

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSV wouldn't be briliant IMO, but they are about as good as we will get. I would like to see Rangers here.

Last edited:
Mike Hunt Smells said:
PSV wouldn't be briliant IMO, but they are about as good as we will get. I would like to see Rangers here.

............... no disrespect to PSV, they are a good side, but compared to teams we have had in recent seasons we will be wanting more.

Mike Hunt Smells said:
rangers are playing the sheepsha**ers in acouple of weeks.

LeeH said:
I'd like to see Rangers here.

I've been told we have away friendlies against Stockport, Macclesfield, Lincoln and Boston.

Macclesfield, is good for me too, fantastic, 2 fairly local friendly matches nice one :icon_bigg

Mike Hunt Smells said:

Not after the last time I saw them at a pre-season at Leicester, admittedly 30-odd years back. Their supporters were mostly ratted when they arrived and beclame progressively more abusive as the game went on. A crowd of them started throwing bottles at the roof of the popular side just after half time, showering the kids at the front and the side of the pitch with glass. The game was stopped for about 10 minutes while the pitch was cleaned up.

Mind, i did enjoy chanting "Berwick" in between their "Rangers....Rangers" - it was not long after they had stuffed them in the cup.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
might be a bit early but does anyone know of any games to be played pre season or when details will be announced???

I was talking to one of the playing squad in the Ricoh car-park after the Cov game. He said that they have been told that they won't need passports. :frown: He said he understands that the 'training camp' games will be somewhere up in the north-west.

Accrington Stanley anybody?

Hazzman said:
The rumour on Chavtalk is for PSV to play the curtain-raiser at the Walkers.

My understanding is that PSV were invited when Taylor was manager - his mother was from Eindhoven. The invitation was never withdrawn and it si said that they may be coming this year. However, I have a PSV-supporting mate who has made enquiries over there and PSV are hoping for 'something better'.

Looking at it from both sides, I think the match is likely to take place - the positive vibes that I am getting from this side of the channel are stronger than the negative ones from NeddyLand.

would it be worth making this a sticky so we dont get endless threads on the same thing just a thought :102: :102:

bocadillo said:
I was talking to one of the playing squad in the Ricoh car-park after the Cov game. He said that they have been told that they won't need passports. :frown: He said he understands that the 'training camp' games will be somewhere up in the north-west.

Accrington Stanley anybody?

Great news for the Talking Balls North West Branch :icon_bigg

Story going round in Lincoln that we are playing one there - connected to the McAuley rumours perhaps?

OldGit said:
Story going round in Lincoln that we are playing one there - connected to the McAuley rumours perhaps?

It's already on the Lincoln City site, so this one is not an idle rumour!

Last edited:
Yorkshire Vixen said:
bloody hell already been there!!

It was my 92th ground!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687