Prediction League - Match day 12 results and tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Maniac

Alzheimers sufferer
Another bad round for porkie as he falls to Joe_Fox and loses top spot to foxybru. Orifice fails to capitalise, losing to OldGit. Blaarev moves to third. The teams in 5th-9th stay where they were after picking up three points each. Xowie beats SJN and overtakes him to find herself in the top half. Dunmow pulls a similar trick on Blaby blue blood, and moves up to 12th. camberwell picks up another three from a walkover and moves to 13th.

Group A Match day 12.png

Group A Match day 12 League table.png

Is it still going? Could he still lose or draw?

Solid performance, glad to have scraped the win, bad luck pork pie. I'm actually craving one of your namesakes right now (not the fox part) but Melbourne doesn't fair too well in that area of cuisine god damn it. Biz Markie, Just a Friend is playing in my head. I think I may have gone slightly mad.

Not a lot of movement in Group B as the top eleven all remain in the same league positions. Jeff extends his winning run to twelve with 48 points from three picks. Motown stays on his tail with a win over give_us_a_wave. bocadillo and Blue Maniac stay third and fourth after their opponents fail to arrive. jb5000 bounces back with a win over Brown Nose. jas123 top-scores the league with 82 points in a walkover. Dessie becomes the lowest-scoring winner so far this season after Dunmow Jr fails to show up. spion sneaks above GW9 with a default win over a forgetful beaumontfox.

Group B Match day 12.png

Group B Match day 12 League table.png

Suggestion. The top half break away half way through season. And play each other a further 2 more games. Too many people not bothering now.

Suggestion. The top half break away half way through season. And play each other a further 2 more games. Too many people not bothering now.

Like the Premier League breakaway jas? Could we get Sky on board for the TV deal?

Promise: If there's any fiddling around with the rules half way through the season, there will be one more dropping out.

Suggestion: jas organises the competition when BM has had enough.

Promise: If there's any fiddling around with the rules half way through the season, there will be one more dropping out.
Make that two. No rule changes during the season, not now or ever. This isn't the Premier League.
Suggestion: jas organises the competition when BM has had enough.
Top idea. I'll send him the spreadsheets.

On a serious note, though, I will be trying a couple of things next season to try to reduce the number of dead ducks in the league. Whether they'll work remains to be seen.

While we're on the subject of rule changes, I've had a few suggestions so far. Some are potentially workable, some I wish I'd thought of, and some are just plain odd. For example I've had two from Jeff. The first one I like a lot and wish I'd come up with it, the second one I don't like but others might because there's a logic to it. Keep them coming. The ones that are workable and have potential will be examined at the end of the season. My disliking a suggestion doesn't mean it doesn't go into the pot. I'll only do that if it's absurd or simply won't work, or if it's already been suggested, or there's already a more workable suggestion in its place.

The first one I like a lot and wish I'd come up with it, the second one I don't like........

Yeah, sorry. It was a bit rude to tell you to stick your competition where the sun don't shine!

Another one would be to keep it all in the top 4 english divisons, so not so much research has to be done. Be closer games imo. And more likely to keep doing it.

Another one would be to keep it all in the top 4 english divisons, so not so much research has to be done. Be closer games imo. And more likely to keep doing it.
But non-league is what makes it fun

Fun for all the ones winning. But the ones who dont know much about it, are the ones losing every week, and are now not even bothering with picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00