Premier League 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billyjof

Looks like Robin Van Persie has no future at Arsenal. Some commentators suggesting he might move to Man City, I personally hope he goes abroad. His comments on the talks breakdown I feel are a sad way to treat a manager that has put faith in him when out of the game for long periods.

What future for Arsene and Arsenal?

Re: Prem 2012-13

Not far from the Emirates, André Villas-Boas takes over Spurs. I like his attitude and tactical approach, and think he faced an almost impossible task at Chelsea. Could go either way!

Not far from the Emirates, André Villas-Boas takes over Spurs. I like his attitude and tactical approach, and think he faced an almost impossible task at Chelsea. Could go either way!

Extremely big balls for Villas-Boas to come back to London. I wouldn't mind him giving Chelsea and some of the media a "Slap in the face".

Looks like Robin Van Persie has no future at Arsenal. Some commentators suggesting he might move to Man City, I personally hope he goes abroad. His comments on the talks breakdown I feel are a sad way to treat a manager that has put faith in him when out of the game for long periods.

What future for Arsene and Arsenal?
They survived Henry going, and just about survived Fabregas leaving. You could argue that last season's 3rd place one of Wengers highest achievements when you consider the squad he had available. At least this time he has bought in replacements early - Giroud and Podolski.

They survived Henry going.

You could argue that last season's 3rd place one of Wengers highest achievements when you consider the squad he had available.

No trophies since 2005 FA Cup. I'm not saying Arsenal will not win another trophy, I'm just questioning who might be in charge the next time they do.

I see what you mean. It'd have to be a very interesting season for them to have a chance of winning the PL, I agree. They have shown that they are capable of beating the best though so I wouldn't rule them out of one of the other trophies. They've had a terrible few seasons with injuries too.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that they are paying their debts off very quickly, which means there's not much cash for anything else. Things might be different for them in a couple of years time. If they're still at the top...

Arsenal are run absolutely brilliantly by what I consider the best manager in the business.

Seriously.

I wonder what odds you could get for the reliant Robin Van Percy to go to Spurs.....
That would be a laugh.

Quite frankly, who gives a toss?

Footballer's are near enough all mercenaries.

Arsenal are run absolutely brilliantly by what I consider the best manager in the business.

Seriously.

Even though I'm not sure I entirely agree, I can certainly see your point. They're setting themselves up to sustainably it seems and I can't imagine too many inside the club are overly concerned by the lack of trophies, just so long as they keep making Champions League.

I don't think the loss of RVP will hit Arsenal nearly as bad as losing Henry/Fabregas. I think Podolski will be brilliant in the Prem.

Seriously.

Arsenal and Arsene can perhaps count themselves lucky that Spurs had such a poor end to the season, as Spurs and/or Newcastle could easily have finished above them last year.

Spurs finish 4th and sack their manager (Who knows what other reasons there was behind that decision) Liverpool win the League Cup (And spend a fortune along the way) then sack their manager.

Wenger has of course had great success in finding and developing players and forming great teams around them. Quoting Phil McNulty he is "Not quite the Alchemist he once was" whether this is fair or not remains to be seen, as I believe there are a number of great young players coming through. The longer Arsenal go without winning the less attractive they will become to young players especially with all the new money in the Premier League.

Van Persie though has lost patience, he is 28 and wants to win trophies. What ambition is it to go to a team like Man City where the money is there to buy the league? I guess you'd have to ask Samir Nasri and Kolo Touré.

Footballer's are near enough all mercenaries.

Would we not all be mercenaries if we had the chance? I don't know many people that would turn down a 'double your money' job offer.

Would we not all be mercenaries if we had the chance? I don't know many people that would turn down a 'double your money' job offer.

Exactly. Some people adopt the attitude of "They have enough money why do they need more?" but I doubt they'd turn down more, no matter how much they had.

Exactly. Some people adopt the attitude of "They have enough money why do they need more?" but I doubt they'd turn down more, no matter how much they had.
I always say the same. Football is an incredibly short career, and the time when players are at their optimum value is only a fraction of that, so why on earth does anyone expect them to do anything other than maximise their income? Football contracts are often three or four years - five if you're lucky - and at the end of your contract your club can just say 'thanks for your efforts, but **** off', and they often do. What loyalty, then, does any player owe his club? The answer, of course, is none whatsoever.

Was it Rockefeller (when he was the richest man in the world), who answered the question "How much money is enough money?" with "a bit more"?

(or something like that)

Was it Rockefeller (when he was the richest man in the world), who answered the question "How much money is enough money?" with "a bit more"?

(or something like that)

Yeah, that was him alright. It was just after he started doing a paper round in the mornings for a few extra quid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566