Premier League 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

RVP off to united for £24 million.

Can't work out who got the better deal here. 29 years old and he's only managed one full season because of injury. His scoring record throughout has been very good though.

Reminds me a bit of the Berbatov purchase.

RVP off to united for £24 million.

Can't work out who got the better deal here. 29 years old and he's only managed one full season because of injury. His scoring record throughout has been very good though.

Reminds me a bit of the Berbatov purchase.

Yeah, that's a lot of money. Fair play to Arsenal. When this all started the 8M number was being bandied about. To get 24M is some going.

Good business for Arsenal. Still think their team looks stronger than last season.

Impressive strike force at United though. Hope Welbeck gets a look in or out on loan. Odds on Van Persie missing most of the season injured?

Makes the amount Liverpool paid for Carroll look even more insane.

Good business for Arsenal. Still think their team looks stronger than last season.

Impressive strike force at United though. Hope Welbeck gets a look in or out on loan. Odds on Van Persie missing most of the season injured?

What about Berbatov? Surely has to move

Can't see him staying in England now, maybe the PSG revolution for him?

Would've assumed he's off either way - doubt this makes much difference to that really.

Surprised he's not gone already. Would imagine it's his wage demands holding it up more than United wantng to keep him

Don't think anyone was expecting these scores on the opening day!

QPR 0 Swansea 5
West Brom 3 Liverpool 0
Fulham 5 Norwich 0

Wow.

Don't think anyone was expecting these scores on the opening day!

QPR 0 Swansea 5
West Brom 3 Liverpool 0
Fulham 5 Norwich 0

Wow.

There are several really poor teams in the Prem this season, so these sort of results could become more regular. Norwich are relegation fodder. QPR are making too many changes to be effective but this result is probably a bit of a freak. Liverpool under BR was always going to be a train wreck wasn't it? Whoever makes the decisions at Anfield is totally incompetent. They've taken on someone who is at least five consistent years away from meriting that job.

There are several really poor teams in the Prem this season, so these sort of results could become more regular. Norwich are relegation fodder. QPR are making too many changes to be effective but this result is probably a bit of a freak. Liverpool under BR was always going to be a train wreck wasn't it? Whoever makes the decisions at Anfield is totally incompetent. They've taken on someone who is at least five consistent years away from meriting that job.

It's not just this season. There's been several really poor teams in the Prem for 2 or 3 seasons now. The gap between the bottom of the Prem and the top of the Championship is very little now, especially when you consider how big it was 4 or 5 years back.

I'm not so sure. I think Poldi will struggle at Arsenal, he doesn't seem the type of player to fit into their style at all and unless I've missed something they don't seem to have made any other big signings and have just lost a man who was close to being a one man team for them last season.

Let's face it though, Arsenal's current side is very medicore compared to Wenger's Arsenal sides of the past and the only reason they made 3rd last season is because of a load of mediocre sides in the Prem outside ManUtd and ManCity (and the ManUtd and ManCity sides were again pretty mediocre compared to other title fighting sides of recent years, this is definitely nowhere near SAF's strongest ManUtd side). If that Arsenal side were in the PL 4 or 5 years back they probably would've finished about 6th.

Don't think the quality of the PL at the top has been as weak as it was last season for some time (and doesn't seem like it will be any stronger this season).

Think ManUtd will win the league with ManCity closely behind, after that its all much of a muchness and there's probably 4 or 5 similar teams who could finish 3rd and 4th. I'd like to see Newcastle do it personally.

Last edited:
It's not just this season. There's been several really poor teams in the Prem for 2 or 3 seasons now. The gap between the bottom of the Prem and the top of the Championship is very little now, especially when you consider how big it was 4 or 5 years back.

I'm not so sure. I think Poldi will struggle at Arsenal, he doesn't seem the type of player to fit into their style at all and unless I've missed something they don't seem to have made any other big signings and have just lost a man who was close to being a one man team for them last season.

Let's face it though, Arsenal's current side is very medicore compared to Wenger's Arsenal sides of the past and the only reason they made 3rd last season is because of a load of mediocre sides in the Prem outside ManUtd and ManCity (and the ManUtd and ManCity sides were again pretty mediocre compared to other title fighting sides of recent years, this is definitely nowhere near SAF's strongest ManUtd side). If that Arsenal side were in the PL 4 or 5 years back they probably would've finished about 6th.

Don't think the quality of the PL at the top has been as weak as it was last season for some time (and doesn't seem like it will be any stronger this season).

Think ManUtd will win the league with ManCity closely behind, after that its all much of a muchness and there's probably 4 or 5 similar teams who could finish 3rd and 4th. I'd like to see Newcastle do it personally.

With Song going now, I've changed my mind a bit on Arsenal. I think Podolski is the kind of player that will adapt to the Premier League quickly. You could be right about Arsenal's style not being suited though. They've got Giroud and Cazorla too though, so I think more strength/depth in attacking positions. Not sure Sahin is the right kind of player to replace Song. After Vieira/Gilberto Silva, they'd been lacking a good defensive mid for a long time... Song finally developed into that and now he's gone too!

I think Man City will win the league, but it is only between them and Man Utd for me too. Agree on the rest too... between Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Newcastle to battle it out for 3rd/4th. I can see Newcastle getting there. I think Chelsea need another striker and think that under Di Matteo last season it was almost as much luck/good feeling around the place that contributed (like when Dalglish went back to LIverpool at first), and that won't last.
Spurs are marginally weaker than last season. Desperately need a striker or two (have they got anyone other than Defoe?) to do anything. Modric is a big loss but might not be a devastating one. Beyond that, it essentially relies on AVB to get more out of the players that are then 'Arry did.

Liverpool/Everton could potentially challenge for top 4... actually think Everton are more likely to than Liverpool.

I think it's actually quite exciting though, it's quite open within the 'mini-leagues' created. Bottom three is very, very open.

Good game between Man City and Southampton! Or at least good second half. Southampton pretty unlucky in the end!

Southampton will stay up comfortably, I reckon. I thought they were by far the best side to come to the KP last season. I walked away from that game having no idea how we'd beaten them. They reminded me very much of Norwich in their promotion season, but I think Southampton have better individuals.

Great game, Southampton certainly looked like they're not going to lie down this season. I think all 3 promoted sides will stay up again.

Come on everton, 3 minutes to hold on

I watched MOTD on Saturday and it seemed that a few teams were rather rusty. Everton on the other hand as it were looked very usefull against Man U. I would like them (Everton) to have a good season - certainly do a lot better than Liverpool who did look poor against WBA.

Fellaini was brilliant. Can't see him staying at Everton too much longer before one of the big boys comes sniffing. He's been brilliant for them over the last couple of seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566