Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was cafe's lot we were talking about, wasn't it?btw When do you get to visit the Jacks' place?
Oh I'm pretty sure some comments were aimed my way.Feb is our scheduled journey down the M4. However, the caravan convoy will be heading to the CCS in November, along with Arsenal and Man U. Tough at the top.

Oh I'm pretty sure some comments were aimed my way.Feb is our scheduled journey down the M4. However, the caravan convoy will be heading to the CCS in November, along with Arsenal and Man U. Tough at the top.

No points for you in November then :icon_lol:

Man U 0 Chelsea 0. What a boring game. Only bit of class on show was Wayne Rooney.

Jut watching MOTD and he looked very greedy, shooting from ridiculous distances. Could be edited that way though. Should definitely have been a pen to Man Utd when Lampard caught it.

Jut watching MOTD and he looked very greedy, shooting from ridiculous distances. Could be edited that way though. Should definitely have been a pen to Man Utd when Lampard caught it.

Especially when he gave the handball on the halfway line, which looked totally innocuous, just a few minutes later

Excellent result and performance from Chelsea. If they do that each away game against the top teams they will take some beating this year.
Hopefully other" top teams" will have watched that and get a way through such a drab team.

Recently 2 top teams in the championship battled out a 0-0, and got slated. Because its manure and Chelsea its a class performance.
Whatever!

Recently 2 top teams in the championship battled out a 0-0,and got slated.
Whatever!

Who was that?! Leeds are not a top team.

And we got slated (albeit only by our own fans) for not being adventurous enough. Which we weren't.

Because its manure and Chelsea its a class performance.
Whatever!

It was. For Chelsea.

I haven't heard anyone say it was a 'class performance' by Utd.

Who was that?! Leeds are not a top team.

The situation was very similar IMO.

I think quite a lot of football fans underestimate the psychology of the game. Chelsea/Man United with successful starts valued keeping their confidence by playing out a solid, bore draw. Leeds and Leicester were doing similar. All four teams probably reasoned there's easier opposition where they can afford to risk losing the points. Quite a lot of managers set point quota's for months and manage mini-seasons/cycles (player rotation etc.) up until the international weekends, it's factored into their tactics etc.

Just back from holiday, looking over all the deadline day deals.

Some good/interesting moves in the Prem.

Ozil is a good signing for Arsenal - didn't realise he's still only 24 too! Still think they needed other players though... He'll do well for them though, but the squad still doesn't look as strong as others around them.

Fellaini to Man Utd I think finally gives them the strong midfielder they've needed for a few years - think Everton did well to get that much for him though. He's a good player but not a world beater by any stretch. Surprised they went in for Coentrao, although didn't get completed in the end.

Surprised Chelsea have let Lukaku go out on loan, but great for Everton! Surprised Sunderland let Sessegnon go. Looking forward to seeing how Sammy Eto'o does in England...

Spurs and Liverpool have both strengthened a lot I think. Liverpool could potentially challenge for a Champions League spot now, but still think they'll end up finishing behind Spurs and Arsenal.

Everton taking nearly 35mil for Fellaini and Anichebe and bringing in Barry, Lukaku and McCarthy is outstanding business.

Meanwhile West Ham have re-signed Carlton Cole today... Case of greedy player/desperate club.

Everton taking nearly 35mil for Fellaini and Anichebe and bringing in Barry, Lukaku and McCarthy is outstanding business.

Agreed, great moves from Everton, although I do really like Fellaini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69