Premier League 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSN reporting Pulis has gone.

And the BBC.

Tony Pulis has left Crystal Palace by mutual consent. Assistant manager Keith Millen will be in temporary charge for Saturday's trip to Arsenal.

Pulis, 56, met with chairman Steve Parish earlier in the day amid reports of friction between the pair over areas of responsibility. The former Stoke manager has been frustrated by the failure to land a number of his transfer targets during the summer.

Bookmakers' odds had tumbled as speculation over the Welshman's job intensified.

Last edited:
Excellent. That's another team we'll now finish above.

I think it's brilliant that the likes of Crystal Palace, Swansea, West Brom and Southampton are doing all they can to help our battle to stay in the league.

We would of shit'em anyway

I'm not convinced Jeff. Pulls is a good manager and they were winning a fair few games after he took charge..!

Stop over thinking things, grab a tramp juice.

Watching Soccer Saturday at the moment, could their 'experts' be any more old school?

This isn't just relating to their comments about Leicester, as they seem to have an approach that sounds straight out of the Eighties generally.

"Got to get into them and let them know you're there"
"People won't fancy playing in burnley on a cold midweek night"
"They've only spent £12m, they need to be spending more" (ignoring players brought in for free - not LCFC related)

These are like generic comments made by people who seem like they haven't watched half the teams/players and, by default, that means they aren't going to do well.

I'm not quite sure why I haven't noticed this before. Maybe it's because I haven't listened to them too intently. It's fecking annoying though.

Last edited:
Watching Soccer Saturday at the moment, could their 'experts' be any more old school?

This isn't just relating to their comments about Leicester, as they seem to have an approach that sounds straight out of the Eighties generally.

"They've only spent £12m, they need to be spending more" (ignoring players brought in for free - not LCFC related)

These are like generic comments made by people who seem like they haven't watched half the teams/players and, by default, that means they aren't going to do well.

I'm not quite sure why I haven't noticed this before. Maybe it's because I haven't listened to them too intently. It's fecking annoying though.

Merson said we would be relegated as our ground and set up was too nice and top players would enjoy playing there. Insightful football analysis.

I've had zero interest in the PL for the last few years. First time in watching Football Focus in an age and it felt painful - I swear I read that BBC were going to tackle the staid commentary, clearly the memo never made it to Lawrenson.

I've had Final Score on at the same time as the match... Garth Crooks should really sod off now. Total nonsense from his mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69