Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand how this helps with the current rules? Surely if both lines are thicker, one will still be ahead of the other in the same situations? It would only make a difference if there had to be daylight between them, surely?
I’m sure I read somewhere that they won’t be putting the lines on the pictures given to tv companies and stadium screens any more, too. They’ll show the picture, but without the lines drawn on them.

I’m sure I read somewhere that they won’t be putting the lines on the pictures given to tv companies and stadium screens any more, too. They’ll show the picture, but without the lines drawn on them.
So not being transparent because they know the tech is a load of old shit

Blaming the technology for how it is implemented is like going to a restaurant and blaming the waiter for the food being cooked badly.

The technology is fine. The laws of the game may need to be looked at however.

Blaming the technology for how it is implemented is like going to a restaurant and blaming the waiter for the food being cooked badly.

What about if the waiter dropped it on the floor 1st

The technology isn't fine for the way the officials try to implement offside to the mm.

Frame rates of the cameras are no where near good enough.

Nope. The game should not be changed to adapt to technology. Technology must add to the game. The decisions must be instantaneous, and in the spirit of the game. Offside laws were written to prevent 'goal hanging'. How is being a fingernail in front of the defender in the spirit of this law?
(On another note I would see the offside law scrapped entirely. Certainly as a former referee most cautions for dissent were over offside.)

Nope. The game should not be changed to adapt to technology. Technology must add to the game. The decisions must be instantaneous, and in the spirit of the game. Offside laws were written to prevent 'goal hanging'. How is being a fingernail in front of the defender in the spirit of this law?
(On another note I would see the offside law scrapped entirely. Certainly as a former referee most cautions for dissent were over offside.)
I mean.... What?

What a wonderfully farcical situation. Gattuso, of course, is the man who just left Fiorentina after 23 days because he wanted to sign a load of players who just happened to have the same agent as him...

Left Fiorentina after not agreeing on transfer strategy...

... To go and manage a club with Daniel Levy in charge?

That will end well!

Jorge Mendes might just be the worst thing in football.

Left Fiorentina after not agreeing on transfer strategy
Club: “We believe the central aim of our transfer strategy should be to improve the playing squad by way of a sustainable recruitment strategy based around a clear footballing vision and reiterate our commitment to developing and promoting homegrown talent.”
Gattuso, alongside his agent: “What if we make some daft big-money signings the club probably can’t afford that make my agent considerably richer?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363