Premier League 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paperworks and contracts

Surely that is worthy of a 'done deal'?

Don't think it's the right move for Gerrard.
I think he'll be fine. He's clearly a decent manager, while Villa have got a decent enough squad to not get relegated with the fall away from last season obviously being about not having Captain Brylcream. He can then settle into life as a middleweight EPL club, maybe have a cup run or two and wait for Klopp to retire

I think he'll be fine. He's clearly a decent manager, while Villa have got a decent enough squad to not get relegated with the fall away from last season obviously being about not having Captain Brylcream. He can then settle into life as a middleweight EPL club, maybe have a cup run or two and wait for Klopp to retire
Sure. He could also sit tight north of the border and not gamble on the Villa job...and . wait for Klopp to retire.

His record is slightly less impressive when you see it as 193 games and 1 trophy. In Scotland....

I don't get why Villa believe that Gerrard is better equipped than Smith.

It feels like a gamble that could dangerously backfire.

Maybe Gerrard is going to be a good manager but I can't believe that anyone at Villa knows that.

His record is slightly less impressive when you see it as 193 games and 1 trophy. In Scotland....
And when you look at some of the results he has had along the way.... which have been laughably shit.

He may do okay at Villa but just as BN has written, there is absolutely no evidence he will be any better than Smith who, in the grand scheme of things, really hadn't done a bad job with them at all.

Villa along with Newcastle will provide some comedy gold.
Lampard to Norwich is another bizarre appointment they will go down regardless of who is in charge so not as comical

That’s just the beginning - no good will come of this ?

I read last week that Newcastle are a bit worried about being able to buy players or get loans in during January as there are clubs who don't want to do business with them...I won't hold my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566