Premier League 23/24

Will be resolved promptly no doubt. While Man City's charges will drag on and on then eventually go unpunished. An ITV drama on Man City's charges is probably needed now.
Who is Toby Jones playing in that?

That post office shit is ****ing mental. Had never heard of it.

I certainly haven’t done a thorough trawl through the internet, but from what I can tell it’s a system of corruption, arrogance and honestly, pretty evil that allowed for it.

The government should owe those people millions and millions

I certainly haven’t done a thorough trawl through the internet, but from what I can tell it’s a system of corruption, arrogance and honestly, pretty evil that allowed for it.

It’s ****ing disgraceful. I’ve been following it for years.

It goes to the very heart of all parties and people guilty of this need to go to jail.

The documentary highlighted the issue and the government are trying to shut it down quickly.

Yep. Similarly to Cambers I've seen loads about it. Tbh having seen years of coverage I'm more surprised that something (not a big something) might come of it. Guessing a few honours being handed back and an apology.

Premier League statement​

f9ddd1d0-ce27-480d-a525-827f2e74f9f1.jpg

Premier League
Everton FC and Nottingham Forest FC have each confirmed to the Premier League that they are in breach of the League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR). This is as a result of sustaining losses above the permitted thresholds for the assessment period ending Season 2022/23.
In accordance with Premier League Rules, both cases have now been referred to the chair of the Judicial Panel, who will appoint separate Commissions to determine the appropriate sanction.
Commissions are independent of the Premier League and member clubs. The proceedings are heard in private with the Commissions’ final decisions made public on the Premier League’s website. The League will make no further comment until that time.

Premier League statement​

f9ddd1d0-ce27-480d-a525-827f2e74f9f1.jpg

Premier League
Everton FC and Nottingham Forest FC have each confirmed to the Premier League that they are in breach of the League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR). This is as a result of sustaining losses above the permitted thresholds for the assessment period ending Season 2022/23.
In accordance with Premier League Rules, both cases have now been referred to the chair of the Judicial Panel, who will appoint separate Commissions to determine the appropriate sanction.
Commissions are independent of the Premier League and member clubs. The proceedings are heard in private with the Commissions’ final decisions made public on the Premier League’s website. The League will make no further comment until that time.
As Everton have already been deducted points, are these charges for a different season/period?

Any idea of a likely outcome?

Different financial year, different rule

But they’re bent as ****, quite clearly
Thanks.

It appears any outcome isn’t delivered until the week after the last game of the season.

It would be hilarious if they finished 8 points clear of relegation and were then deducted 10 points in the same season…

…too good to be true I guess…

Thanks.

It appears any outcome isn’t delivered until the week after the last game of the season.

It would be hilarious if they finished 8 points clear of relegation and were then deducted 10 points in the same season…

…too good to be true I guess…
In that scenario I could envision a 7 point deduction being applied.

Ten points will be deducted and awarded to Manchester City.

Now you're just being silly. It actually plays out in a much more cunning way.

What will happen even more than it already does is that most PL clubs will be in a desperate state needing to sell to meet FFP guidelines. Along come Man City to take their best players because they are the most profitable football club on the planet.

Now you're just being silly. It actually plays out in a much more cunning way.

What will happen even more than it already does is that most PL clubs will be in a desperate state needing to sell to meet FFP guidelines. Along come Man City to take their best players because they are the most profitable football club on the planet.
Have to say, it does feel like it’s doing the opposite of it’s “stated” intent.

So is anyone planning on going out on a high and giving up season tickets next season?

Every year it all becomes less and less appealing.

Many call its misgivings, but will still be there to have a good ****ing moan about it.

What else is BN going to do?

I wonder if we are in breach too.
I wouldn’t have thought so.

What will be interesting is when the verdicts are announced for Chelsea and Man City.

It can’t be possible to impose a 10-point deduction to Everton and not impose some kind of massive points deduction to both.

If a fine is the chosen route then we know that the exercise is a joke.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663