Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PL are living in a fantasy land.

In a way they are being exposed for the unsustainable shitfest that it is. Why the **** should football get a pass just because it's big bucks? You cannot run football matches and maintain social distancing, it is impossible.

Everybody with a genuine interest in football needs to use this as a catalyst for real change. The greed is unsustainable, the clubs are unsustainable, if it all goes down the shitter then so be it.

I can't wait for the football season to start.

I coming round to the view that the right answer is to suspend all football for one year and then pick up where we left off next March.

Club finances will dictate though. We'll end up with a shambolic mess of a schedule in a desperate attempt to cover costs and everything anyone 'achieves' over that period will be meaningless and unsatisfactory.

I hate the idea of matches going on behind closed doors. I can't imagine being interested in them. It's not football as I know it. I'm also convinced that it won't work.

I'm resigned to the fact that I won't be taking up my seat at the KP for about a year. For now, football is a memory to be cherished and nothing more. Football should only be more important than that if it's your livelihood.

I lost the first person I know to Covid-19 the other day. For me, the next few months are about nothing much more than minimising tragedy. **** football.

No football for a year?! o_O I know I said the money grabbing stance of clubs a few weeks back was putting me off the game, but I can't go without football for a year!

No way will that happen; I'm sure by August/September they will at least be able to play behind closed doors. They won't keep football cancelled just because they can't have a crowd, TV (or TV money) is king.

As soon as more workers are allowed back out, for example the government says anyone who can't work from home can return to work, then I'm sure football will be back on, just with no live attendance.

Ajax gets the automatic CL spot while AZ will need to go through the qualifiers (If there will be any......). Ajax lead the League on goal difference, but AZ would have been ahead on internal meetings.

The top two Dutch leagues were abandoned yesterday with no promotion or relegation and no champions.

Italy, Spain and France will soon follow suit. Inevitably the Premier League will have to do the same in due course.

Playing behind closed doors isn't going to happen and it isn't what fans want.

The Netherlands has made the best possible decision. Forget this season. No promotion or relegation and European places are decided on how things currently stand. Get ready to start the next season in August as planned.

Ultimately there is so much money involved in the Premier League that there will have to be negotiation with the TV companies.

Hopefully they can agree to spread the lost revenue over several seasons otherwise I can see several clubs going bust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669