Premier League suspended until April (or whenever?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Monday, Watford chief executive Scott Duxbury said "football, for me now, just needs to be put to one side".

"I feel uncomfortable at this stage even talking about football as a narrative, because there are people dying every day," Duxbury said.

Exactly right. Well said.

In terms of a match behind closed doors - just how many people would be involved in a single game? Two teams plus subs, and management, physios, coaches etc. Then there's medics and standard H&S teams. Then for TV you've got camera, sound, lighting etc. Are we not talking 200+ people even for something like this? And if so, what are the isolation probabilities beyond this. Can't see this happening at all.

In terms of a match behind closed doors - just how many people would be involved in a single game? Two teams plus subs, and management, physios, coaches etc. Then there's medics and standard H&S teams. Then for TV you've got camera, sound, lighting etc. Are we not talking 200+ people even for something like this? And if so, what are the isolation probabilities beyond this. Can't see this happening at all.

Having paid for my season ticket, I will be extremely angry if games are played without me being allowed to be there.
Seems people are trying to make decisions without consulting what the fans want.
I am convinced the vast majority of supporters don't want games behind closed doors.

Having paid for my season ticket, I will be extremely angry if games are played without me being allowed to be there.
Seems people are trying to make decisions without consulting what the fans want.
I am convinced the vast majority of supporters don't want games behind closed doors.
I suspect if the choice is no football at all or all games behind closed doors but on TV majority will opt for the latter

I couldn’t give a shit about the rest of the games, in regard to my season ticket, to be fair. I get that other people may feel different to how I do, but in all honesty there isn’t going to be a fan consultation on what they do. If it’s deemed “safe” to do so and the image of football being played isn’t too reputationally damaging in a PR sense, they will do so. If not, they won’t.

It will happen behind closed doors, Sky & BT will have a captive audience, just imagine if they have 2 games on 7 days a week the subscriptions will go through the roof world wide Ker Ching

In fairness, some of our fans had been singing a song that invited people to bring cocaine to one of our players’ houses.

I think it reflects well on Leicester fans. ‘I’m going to a party at someone else’s house, I’d better take something with me for the other guests to enjoy’...

On Monday, Watford chief executive Scott Duxbury said "football, for me now, just needs to be put to one side".

"I feel uncomfortable at this stage even talking about football as a narrative, because there are people dying every day," Duxbury said.

Exactly right. Well said.
When I read that in my paper I thought good lad...………….then I took a look at the league table.

Essential

The biggest logistical hurdle from a production perspective will be the number of staff involved and what to do in the event any of them fail a screening test prior to access to any facility. If it moves forward you're likely to see a suspension of a number of production elements, including cameras, which then VAR, and so on.

It's possible to try...the league I work for is announcing their plans to return by mid-May. The plan is a "sound" one, but generally underestimates the overall risks of moving forward.

What about Filbert, Vicky and Dennis ?

Are they allowed in ?

Think playing at neutral venues isn't very fair unless it's your own ground, it would be playing all your games away & that could make a massive difference. I can see legal action being taken if it goes down this route. The best option if Sky gets its way would be to finish the league as normal but without fans. Or just go Dutch & pretend the season never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669